Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
We have an attic in the antenna that is connected to a few of the TV's, no amplifier. For our TV's not near existing cable outlets, we have flat antennas on the back.

I know that KOCO and OETA are still both on VHF channels, while all the other OKC channels are UHF. Most newer antennas favor the UHF, however, with a little adjusting we are able to get KOCO and OETA just fine.

You bring up a good point about ATSC 3.0, I wonder if that compresses the signal differently, all of our TV's with built in tuners are still the ATSC 2.0 channels. I also figured all of the sub networks were causing the main signal to become more compressed.
You mean ATSC 1.0. Because according to wiki, "ATSC 2.0 was a planned major new revision of the standard which would have been backward compatible with ATSC 1.0. The standard was to have allowed interactive and hybrid television technologies by connecting the TV with the Internet services and allowing interactive elements into the broadcast stream. Other features were to have included advanced video compression, audience measurement, targeted advertising, enhanced programming guides, video on demand services, and the ability to store information on new receivers, including Non-realtime (NRT) content.[15][16][17]

However, ATSC 2.0 was never actually launched, as it was essentially outdated before it could be launched. All of the changes that were a part of the ATSC 2.0 revision were adopted into ATSC 3.0."

Moving to a different informative topic, flat indoor antennas work out best if they are made to accept connections with RG-6 cable. That kind of cable cuts down on signal loss. I know, since using an antenna like that gets me all the high powered OKC stations, but it had to be mounted at ceiling level. That way it gets VHF 5 and 13 fine and steady. Most flat antennas, though, come with a thin built-in cable that can't be traded with RG-6 cable. Such antennas may work out if you don't live too far from the towers. Stillwater, especially in the valleys, can be difficult with bringing in all the high powered OKC TV stations with a steady signal when using an indoor antenna, amped or not.

The Antenna Man on YouTube is a great place to get elaborate info on indoor as well as outdoor antennas. He has tested a bunch of them.