Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osteria

Western Ave. Osteria

Going in to the old Starbucks space in Nichols Hills Plaza.

Osteria OKC

Default Re: Osteria

They are getting close to opening. Should be about the middle of February.

It's described as "a full-service restaurant and craft bar concept offering a bold, fresh perspective on classic Italian food."

This looks really good, the food they have been sharing on social media looks outstanding as well.

I feel like good Italian options are limited in OKC, so hopefully they can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I feel like good Italian options are limited in OKC, so hopefully they can help with that.
    With Gabriella's, Vito's, Patrono, Caffe Pranzo, Stella, Pizzeria Gusto, and Rococo around, are our good Italian options really that limited? We've been to all except Pranzo and feel they're all "good", maybe not spectacular (Patrono's probably the closest to spectacular), but definitely in the "good" category.

^

I really like all those, although I've yet to try Vito's and Cafe Pranzo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    With Gabriella's, Vito's, Patrono, Caffe Pranzo, Stella, Pizzeria Gusto, and Rococo around, are our good Italian options really that limited? We've been to all except Pranzo and feel they're all "good", maybe not spectacular (Patrono's probably the closest to spectacular), but definitely in the "good" category.
    Gabriellas seems to be the only one that always satisfies. Patrono is a certain kind of italian and Ive had some good things and not so good things, Stella is very hit and miss, Gusto has very limited amount of pasta (maybe only on weekly specials?), Rococo's is good but not for its Italian, never had Pranzo. Just opinions here though. If anyone has some specific pasta dishes from these places that they love, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Gabriellas seems to be the only one that always satisfies. Patrono is a certain kind of italian and Ive had some good things and not so good things, Stella is very hit and miss, Gusto has very limited amount of pasta (maybe only on weekly specials?), Rococo's is good but not for its Italian, never had Pranzo. Just opinions here though. If anyone has some specific pasta dishes from these places that they love, please let me know.
    I need to try Gabriella's again, the only time I went I was very underwhelmed. Patrono and Vito's are my favorite in the city. Michael's Grill has some really good italian dishes, but not necessarily an Italian restaurant. I think Osteria will do really well there.

As long as you don't mind heavy, old school red sauce types of Italian food, you just can't beat Gariella's.

The first time or two I was underwhelmed but now have to work to avoid the place because I love so many of their dishes, I'm afraid of packing on pounds.

It's not inexpensive but I sure think it is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As long as you don't mind heavy, old school red sauce types of Italian food, you just can't beat Gariella's.

The first time or two I was underwhelmed but now have to work to avoid the place because I love so many of their dishes, I'm afraid of packing on pounds.

It's not inexpensive but I sure think it is delicious.
    Admittedly Italian is not my go-to in OKC, mainly because of the heaviness of a lot of the Italian-American style we tend to have here. Patrono is my favorite probably for that reason... but that's another place that has fallen off the radar with all of the other new spots that have opened.

I really enjoy Gabriella's. I've been going there since they opened. My wife was still with me and we just loved it. I'm no expert but it suited us to a "T". I have had many entrees and have never been disappointed.
    C. T.

Blog Entries

For traditional, Moni’s has been pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Moni's is a favorite of my wife and I's, they have a great menu and really know what they are doing.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Moni's is a favorite of my wife and I's, they have a great menu and really know what they are doing.
    My family and I love Moni's. We're regulars there and it's consistently delicious.

Anyone eaten here? I have dinner reservations this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    We went a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Very swanky, went a few weeks ago, and i am clearly not cool enough to go there, or the champagne bar close by.

Went by last night and for 7:30PM on a Sunday, the place was jammed.

I did not see one person in Pops.

19. Default Re: Osteria

So full disclosure, it takes a lot to get me going, even more to come on here and write about it.

I am the so called social chair at my office, and we go out once a month for a Happy Hour to try new places. This had recently hit my radar and decided to try it out. On the website it says if you have a party of 4 or more, then call xxx number. Cool, so i called last Friday and left a message saying I would like to come tonight at 5pm with 8-10 of my colleagues and if we could get a table. No response. Proceeded to call 2 more times over the week. No response.

So today we just decided to go up there at 5 (when they open) and check it out. To my surprise it was pretty full, but there for 6-8 4 tops open as well as plenty of seats at the bar. I tell the hostess our group size and she proceeds to tell us they are all booked up and can't accommodate us. Not even tell us that it might be a certain wait period. Just that they couldn't accommodate us. I proceed to tell her I had been trying to call, but only got the voicemail, to which she responded they didn't receive any messages. She gives me a card and points to the number and asks if that was the number, and it matches the number I have called. I proceed to tell her how I am frustrated because I did what the website told me to do. A man came up and started listening to what was going on, and he didn't seem to really care what was going on. She then asks me if I want to come back another night, to which i said no thank you because I have a big group on the way. We all ended up meeting at Saturn next door, which was Terrific BTW.

Unknowingly to me, another coworker was at the bar and had attempted to get a community table, but they wouldn't let him have it because someone was coming in at 6:30. That was at 5pm. This was after it took someone 10-15 min to ask him what he would like to drink.

All this rambling aside my point is I don't like being talked to like I'm an idiot. Especially in front of my guest and other patrons. I am in the customer service industry myself, and if something goes wrong (even if it might not be my fault) I own it. I hope to try this place one day and hope it succeeds, but man I hope the too cool attitude goes away or it's going to slowly turn people off.

My wife and I went Sunday night. Octopus appetizer was great, as was my wife's mushroom gnocchi. I had the squid ink pasta with clams and a white wine/uni cream and it was just so-so. They forgot our salad course entirely, but overall the service was pretty good. Will definitely give it another shot, nice to have some progressive Italian in OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    My wife and I went Sunday night. Octopus appetizer was great, as was my wife's mushroom gnocchi. I had the squid ink pasta with clams and a white wine/uni cream and it was just so-so. They forgot our salad course entirely, but overall the service was pretty good. Will definitely give it another shot, nice to have some progressive Italian in OKC!
    If forgetting an entire course is still "pretty good" service, your definition of "pretty good" doesn't quite line up with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    If forgetting an entire course is still "pretty good" service, your definition of "pretty good" doesn't quite line up with mine.
    Ha! It's a pretty big oops but he just totally forgot and was busy. Very good service apart from it and those things do happen from time to time. My wife and I are pretty understanding though for the most part as we have both managed restaurants and understand.

This place is awesome. The gnocchi dishes are both great. Service was great our night.

Top Chef's Fabio is involved, so the food should be high level most nights even if the service is not.

What happened to my post about their Cicchetti concept?

Stopped in for a drink last night and I really liked the place and vibe.

Very busy as well.

It's definitely become a popular place, especially for the NH crowd.

Thread Information