Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

1. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Ugh. One of my go-tos.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Hopefully the city is not successful in its ill-conceived effort to add metered parking up to 10 p.m. in Midtown or we will see more closings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220526-182710.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	17490

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    The GoGo Sushi in Midtown is closing. Not sure about a date, but I went in last week and the owner told me they are closing and that the Moore location would be staying open. They've had signs up indicating a staffing shortage. The day I was there, they did not have the patio open due to the shortage.

Thats a shame as it is our rotation. Also surprising as it always seemed busy.

It was always so weird that GoGo Midtown was closed on weekend nights. I never understood that.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    It was always so weird that GoGo Midtown was closed on weekend nights. I never understood that.
    I used to live nearby -- they were completely closed on the weekends and therefore I almost never ate there.

It's particularly odd because they are right across from St. Anthony and that facility operates 24/7 with tons of employees and visitors.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Notorious PIE in Norman announced it is closing today. 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Dang. There goes a usual lunch spot.

Been meaning to go there but not now...bummer

10. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Hopefully Empire Slice will put a place in Norman for everyone that misses Notorious PIE. NP was just a knock off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Hopefully Empire Slice will put a place in Norman for everyone that misses Notorious PIE. NP was just a knock off of them.
    I love empire and would like to see Providence and Mozz & Mari's get their own spots as well.

12. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Empire would probably do pretty well in Norman.

13. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Empire would probably do pretty well in Norman.
    I agree. Empire would be a perfect fit in Norman. I hope someone in their management knows this.

14. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I've been told tomorrow is the last day for Sooner Dairy in Norman. Very sad to see them go. They've been a Norman staple forever.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I've been told tomorrow is the last day for Sooner Dairy in Norman. Very sad to see them go. They've been a Norman staple forever.
    What?! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    That sucks but 68 years is a great run, not alot of restaurants last that long these days

Steve's Rib, Edmond. From their FB page:

"We have a big announcement for our loyal customers and friends: Steve and Karen are retiring from the restaurant and handing the keys over to daughter Jessie and her husband John who have both worked in the restaurant for over 2 decades. Over the past 2 years, Jessie and John became new parents and have been working exhaustively to overcome the challenges the pandemic brought our business. In order to give the family a better work/life balance, tough decisions had to be made during this transition. As a result, the last day of Steve's Rib's' Main location will be Saturday, July 9th. The hours until then are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 11 AM - 9 PM.
    Our Fox Lake location will remain OPEN, serving the same quality of BBQ and sides that put our family restaurant on the map.
    We started this business from a kiosk at a local grocery store. This strategic move will allow us to get back to our roots. From the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate all of your support and love over the years and hope that you will continue to bring your family, friends, and loved ones in to dine with us at our Fox Lake location. ♥️
    Read more about Steve's Rib and the challenges the past 2 years have brought us in the @edmondbusinss online publication:
    https://bit.ly/3yMrFfF
    You can still order food to go via DoorDash from the Fox Lake location:
    https://bit.ly/3ORDzKE
    #edmond #edmondok #edmondoklahoma #edmondrealestate #okcfoodie #okcrestaurants "

https://twitter.com/backdoorbbq/stat...3wMK5SlVP5X-DQ

Back Door Barbecue
    @BackDoorBBQ
    Due to the ongoing staffing issues that have followed the Covid pandemic, and the increasing costs of our premium meats, we will be closing Back Door Barbecue at the end of July. We have had 8 great years making some of the best barbecue in Oklahoma
    Thanks again for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    https://twitter.com/backdoorbbq/stat...3wMK5SlVP5X-DQ

Back Door Barbecue
    @BackDoorBBQ
    Due to the ongoing staffing issues that have followed the Covid pandemic, and the increasing costs of our premium meats, we will be closing Back Door Barbecue at the end of July. We have had 8 great years making some of the best barbecue in Oklahoma
    Thanks again for your support!
    That really really sucks! They had one of the best barbecues in Oklahoma! I will have to go visit next weekend

Hollie's Flatiron has permanently closed today and will re-open as Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill in mid September

I guess we can cross Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler off the list. Facebook post says they are closed effective 9/1/2022.

23. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by drinner-okc View Post
    I guess we can cross Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler off the list. Facebook post says they are closed effective 9/1/2022.
    Just to make the above post a little more clear... it's just the I-240 location that closed today... All others remain open.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Just to make the above post a little more clear... it's just the I-240 location that closed today... All others remain open.
    Ah that sucks, they were right around the corner from my place. Always thought they had a decent burger and loved their onion rings. At least there's still the one nearby in Moore.

Wasn't that building originally a Shoney's back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Ah that sucks, they were right around the corner from my place. Always thought they had a decent burger and loved their onion rings. At least there's still the one nearby in Moore.

Wasn't that building originally a Shoney's back in the day?
    no... i'm pretty certain that was built in the early-to-mid 80's as johnnie's. i think they used that same floorplan for other locations around town.

there was a shoney's on i-240 and penn in the 90's... that building is now occupied by hooters.

Thread Information