Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Agree. Places like Clark Crew have outside eating areas and this will help a lot.
    I think CCB is pretty good and it is setup for distancing, but you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go eat in there or on the patio until Summer 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wonder what will happen to all these places planning to open on May 1 when nobody shows up?
    I won't be sitting through a meal at a restaurant for quite some time (not that I do a lot, anyway.).

3. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I think this is going to be the case for a lot of people. Restaurants understandably want to re-open, the government feels pressure to let them, there just won't be a ton of demand for dining-in.

What about coffee shops like Stella Nova, Starbucks, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    What about coffee shops like Stella Nova, Starbucks, etc.?
    I believe those count as restaurants.

I'm assuming "bar" is defined as someone with an ABC-3 license? Wondering if places like Saint's will open even though they're basically bars. You can believe the 25 and under crowd is going to be getting out as soon as this is lifted.

Pete... I was asking specifically if they plan to re-open on May 1st or not... I wasn't asking about their category.

8. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Pete... I was asking specifically if they plan to re-open on May 1st or not... I wasn't asking about their category.
    Some Starbucks have remained open. The Stella Nova by house was closed already due to someone driving their car through the front entrance.

They can if they want since they are classified as restaurants.

Saw that the Western Sizzlin in Moore and Chickasha are closing permanently.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    According to this 36,000 people died from motor vehicle accidents in the US in the entirety of 2018. So far, 50,000 people have died from coronavirus in the US and its not even been two months.

So, kindly, shut up with your BS.
    Thank you! And just because someone else died in a car accident doesn't also mean it will likely hospitalize and possibly kill someone else they passed on the way to the accident.

To me, there's going to be a decent risk for spread with almost any indoor dining. While I know the weather doesn't always cooperate, I wonder if businesses have considered converting outdoor spaces, including parking lots, into dining areas with lots of space between tables. If I were to go to a restaurant, it would be one that's taking the most precautions and being spaced out, outdoors is probably the safest option for society.

To that end, Fassler Hall might be one the best equipped concepts to make social distancing work. However, other people are likely going to be the problem. I've been at places for pick up where some people just crowd you like you're not in a pandemic even though there's plenty of space for distancing. It's frustrating.

No thanks for indoor concept very much. You can do all the spacing you want to indoors but the HVAC system will negate it.

It looks like the Western Sizzlin in Moore is no more. This letter was posted on another group and I am posting it here also. Not sure if all of them or closing or just these two.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moore Western Sizzlin notice.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	16011

Thanks for the info. I actually wonder how buffets are going to survive this. Anyone know how other buffets are doing?

16. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    It looks like the Western Sizzlin in Moore is no more. This letter was posted on another group and I am posting it here also. Not sure if all of them or closing or just these two.Click image for larger version. 

I'm sorry for the closure but l'm suprised there were any of these left!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wonder what will happen to all these places planning to open on May 1 when nobody shows up?
    I wouldn't be too surprised if a noticeable number of people show up, since it's been so long. I just hope that overweight older people, who may have preexisting conditions know better than to show up, though spaced outdoor patio dining might work out okay. But those are the type I frequently see in restaurants when I go out. They always put me on a guilt trip by making me wonder, if I want to keep my weight down, why the hell am I in here? Maybe the pandemic will make some of them decide to lose weight and get in shape to face a changed world. Losing weight and regularly exercising every day may make at least some bad preexisting conditions go away, such as pre-diabetes.

In coming months, the nation, the world, will be looking upon the people of Oklahoma and of a few other daring early states as guinea pigs and hoping it goes well. Sorry, but I don't see how the nation escapes from a Second Great Depression, if it doesn't.

Thank you for posting about Western Sizzlin, it is really a shame but I am not really surprised, their food was good back in the 90's but it went downhill since

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post

Initially, it read as though only Moore and Chickasha were closing. But the balance of the letter sounds broader. Had read he was considering retiring before the virus hit.

And yes, sadly, the Western Sizzlin we used to frequent went abruptly downhill years ago. We stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I think CCB is pretty good and it is setup for distancing, but you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go eat in there or on the patio until Summer 2021.
    Not me for that long to be pent up from any popular restaurant, but I think I'll pass being one of the guinea pigs or a canary in the coal mine for the first couple of weeks. But I'm afraid that since cases are still going up that it suggests things aren't working well enough as it is. So it will be interesting to see if things don't spike. If there is bigger spike in deaths over cases that will concern me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Thanks for the info. I actually wonder how buffets are going to survive this. Anyone know how other buffets are doing?
    Well, their model relies on serving cheap crappy food that people get themselves. So imagine they won't be doing good at all.

I hope they don’t close the Midwest City location. That’s the only one left in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I hope they don’t close the Midwest City location. That’s the only one left in the metro.
    Me too but every time I go there, it is empty

I tend to wonder about City Bites. The locations I frequent were almost never busy, even before the CV took control.

Thread Information