Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 348495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1342

Thread: Restaurant closings

1. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Ragin Cajun is a franchise operation. I tried on in south Denver burbs a few years back and what l had was very mediocre. I'm not sure what people see in it.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

My aunt and uncle said the Johnnie’s on May north of memorial was closing. They go there a few times a week so I assume someone that works there told them.

They also posted on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    My aunt and uncle said the Johnnie’s on May north of memorial was closing. They go there a few times a week so I assume someone that works there told them.
    The handful of times I went there, I was not impressed. I'm kind of surprised it lasted as long as it did, as the quality wasn't near the Britton location.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    The handful of times I went there, I was not impressed. I'm kind of surprised it lasted as long as it did, as the quality wasn't near the Britton location.
    I didn't realize that building had been there since 2004 and Johnnies opened in 2005. So, that is 19 years. I assume their lease is up and they are not renewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I didn't realize that building had been there since 2004 and Johnnies opened in 2005. So, that is 19 years. I assume their lease is up and they are not renewing it.
    I'm impressed they lasted that long! I had no idea. That seems like an eternity.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Johnnie's owners are my age. I bet they are slowly winding down.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Johnnie's owners are my age. I bet they are slowly winding down.
    Not so fast...
    They are launching some new concepts:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/iconic...-oklahoma-city

9. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Thanks, Lee Corso. Lol

It's just the appearance from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Not so fast...
    They are launching some new concepts:

https://okcfox.com/news/local/iconic...-oklahoma-city
    To be fair, that was close to 3 months ago now which was a rebranding of a rebranding. There trying hard to make a concept that works. Have to wonder if they are getting exhausted and want to cash out at some point.

The Johnny's express concept had a good run at the May avenue location, lasted over a decade.

Cafe Cuvée in the Ambassador Hotel closing. A new concept coming in its place.
    We’re chalking up something special! �� We are excited to announce that Café Cuvée will be transforming into a fresh, new OKC dining concept in May!

Our final service as Café Cuvée will be brunch this Sunday, April 14th. Join us this weekend to say “au revoir” to Café Cuvée and raise a glass to the new chapter ahead. We can’t wait to unveil our new direction and look to you — STAY TUNED! ��

12. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Bummed. This was a great, cozy French place that we loved. Their onion soup was as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Bummed. This was a great, cozy French place that we loved. Their onion soup was as good as it gets.
    Yep. This news sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Yep. This news sucks.
    I was just in town and went there for lunch. Its a shame I will never go back there again. They were really good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    We’re chalking up something special! �� We are excited to announce that Café Cuvée will be transforming into a fresh, new OKC dining concept in May!

Our final service as Café Cuvée will be brunch this Sunday, April 14th. Join us this weekend to say “au revoir” to Café Cuvée and raise a glass to the new chapter ahead. We can’t wait to unveil our new direction and look to you — STAY TUNED! ��
    The "We're chalking up..." makes me think they're bringing The Chalkboard concept from Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    The "We're chalking up..." makes me think they're bringing The Chalkboard concept from Tulsa.
    perhaps but they also put their specials on that chalk board

17. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Well this is a bummer. One of my favorite places, although in fairness I probably only make it there 2-3 times a year. It’s definitely been more of a special occasion place than a regular rotation piece. Gonna miss the Dover sole, deboned at the table. Sneaky good filet mignon…best in OKC outside of a steakhouse (and better than those from more than a few steakhouses).

18. Default Re: Restaurant closings

That would make sense, both properties are Coury Hospitality.

19. Default Re: Restaurant closings

The one time I ate at The Chalkboard in Tulsa I thought it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post

Hopefully the new place will be open for breakfast to dinner. Cuvee was always a good breakfast or brunch spot when the other true breakfast places were busy in the mornings.

21. Default Re: Restaurant closings

^^^^^^^^
    I'd expect it would, as a full-service hotel.

Confirmed on Instagram. It will be The Chalkboard.

The Chalkboard in Tulsa is good. A little less specialized than Cafe Cuvee is which is probably easier for a hotel restaurant.

The Chalkboard has a great rep and has been continuously operating for quite some time, so these are good things.

according to facebook, kong's is closing... last day is april 28th. the post says "not for good", so perhaps it's a format change.

https://www.facebook.com/Kongscantinaandchill

Thread Information