Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Blog Entries

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Appears that Hurts is backing off of OU due to no guarantee he’d be the starter. Austin Kendall is reportedly still in Norman (and school starts tomorrow). Kyler’s NFL deadline is tomorrow as well. Things should clarify in the next 24 hours.

Blog Entries

This is being reported about Kyler:

According to a source close to the situation, Kyler Murray’s number is $15M.

He wants big time money to stick with baseball, otherwise he will enter the NFL draft tomorrow.

The A’s are doing everything they can, sending their top brass, led by Billy Beane, to meet with him.

Murray also needs to factor in NFL contracts are not guaranteed, unlike MLB. QB is a high risk to health position when you are his size and the defensive players in the NFL are not only bigger than college players, but faster also.
    The A's would be making a bad business decision to renegotiate with a player like Murray w/o even knowing where he will be drafted.

Great job coach Riley....

"I’ve decided to take my talents to the University of Oklahoma, where I will continue my development as both a quarterback and as a student," Hurts wrote.

Hurts is the latest high-profile transfer quarterback to pick the Sooners. The Houston native was 26-2 as Alabama's starter before losing his job to Tua Tagovailoa.

https://newsok.com/article/5620451/o...rs-to-oklahoma

OU grad, fan of MBB and FB. Nice catch for Lincoln. This is outweighed by the horrible decision to block Austin Kendall from transferring to WVU. Kendall was a class act, graduated early and did what he was told to do. I feel this could impact the decisions of future players on where to go to school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    OU grad, fan of MBB and FB. Nice catch for Lincoln. This is outweighed by the horrible decision to block Austin Kendall from transferring to WVU. Kendall was a class act, graduated early and did what he was told to do. I feel this could impact the decisions of future players on where to go to school.
    Apparently there has been some friction there between the Kendall family and Lincoln for some time. I am sure he wasn't very happy but after all, he was behind TWO heisman winners. If he really wanted to prove something he should have stayed and proved himself right and compete regardless of who else was there. To be the best you have to beat the best. He obviously doesn't think himself capable of beating out Hurts.

I wish him success elsewhere but I don't know if he is a great kid or not....none of us probably really know. But he deserves to go elsewhere. I do understand the argument that a QB with complete understanding of the playbook is different than a safety or lb transferring to a team you will play at least once, and maybe twice in the next year. Tough call all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    OU didn’t block him from transferring there, they blocked him from playing immediately .It’s common and within the Big 12’s transfer rules to block players from playing immediately at schools within the same conference. Tech did it with mayfield and tried to keep him from an extra year of eligibility and Kyler couldn’t play for a year after transfering from A&M. If he was transferring out of the conference, there would be no issue. To say it overshadows signing hurts is a little extreme. It will have no effect on future recruiting whatsoever.

Lincoln blocking Kendall from transferring or delaying his ability to play is garbage under any context. Any coach that does this is a hypocrite IMHO.

Blog Entries

They have come to see the light - allowing him to be immediately eligible per George Schroeder.

AK certainly should have been aware of the rules when he entered the transfer portal and it wasn’t real bright to not work things out with OU in regards to securing the rule waiver before announcing his intention to transfer within the conference to WV...

...with that said, OU has now granted his release.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Lincoln blocking Kendall from transferring or delaying his ability to play is garbage under any context. Any coach that does this is a hypocrite IMHO.
    well, no, that's wrong. i think every one of us on this board has been on the wrong end of a non-compete clause at one time or another. championship level sports isn't any different.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma

Oklahoma grants QB Austin Kendall waiver for immediate eligibility at West Virginia: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...west-virginia/

BREAKING: Oklahoma will grant grad transfer QB Austin Kendall the waiver to be immediately eligible at West Virginia, @usatodaysports has learned: https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/...79903167705090

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Oklahoma grants QB Austin Kendall waiver for immediate eligibility at West Virginia: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...west-virginia/

BREAKING: Oklahoma will grant grad transfer QB Austin Kendall the waiver to be immediately eligible at West Virginia, @usatodaysports has learned: https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/...79903167705090
    This is the right decision. Don't know why they bothered denying the waiver in the first place, as it was inevitable that they would back down after a wave of bad publicity, but better late than never I suppose.

Props to OU for doing the right thing. GO SOONERS!

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

It was definitely the right decision. My thinking was that LR was seeing what Jalen Hurts would do. If Hurts had decided to go to Miami, Kendall would have likely been the starter - rendering the transfer decision a big mistake unless things just got too toxic between the two. It also would have left only 1 QB with on field experience and then, experience of only a few plays.

When Hurts chose OU, LR released Kendall to transfer.

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

They denied his immediate eligibility prior to Hurts' announcement.

Blog Entries

Height: 6′ 2″ Weight: 218 lbs
    University of Oklahoma Sooners have a backlog of monuments to add to Heisman Park (Baker Mayfield & Kyler Murray).

Blog Entries

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    They denied his immediate eligibility prior to Hurts' announcement.
    OK, that fits in my theory

Blog Entries

2019 Oklahoma Football Commitment List: http://www.espn.com/colleges/oklahom...ng/commitments

Blog Entries

UH, how bout those Sooners today?!?!? The prize is #1 seed Virginia on Sunday.

That was playing about as close to full potential as you can get I think.

And KSU goes out before OU! Wow.

Already down to two Big 12 teams with a chance to make the Sweet 16. Also...this has been one of the more boring tournaments I can remember so far. After the first two games, yesterday was a solid 7 hours of blowouts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Already down to two Big 12 teams with a chance to make the Sweet 16. Also...this has been one of the more boring tournaments I can remember so far. After the first two games, yesterday was a solid 7 hours of blowouts.
    Iowa must have heard you.....come back from 25 down and take it to OT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Disappointed with early eliminations by Big 12 schools,

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Iowa must have heard you.....come back from 25 down and take it to OT.
    That was a great game, and then Duke-UCF was easily the best game of the tournament so far. This has to be the chalkiest Sweet 16 ever, though. When Oregon is the one Cinderella team remaining, you know it's bad in terms of upsets.

Thread Information