Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

Default Re: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Rose Rock? They still haven't even started Boulevard Place and Alley's End.
    I wonder if the partnership with Pivot will move this along, but Pivot still has the hotel on NE 23rd, Industry, 12th and Hudson and I'm sure a few others I am missing.

Pete did mention these are not likely to begin for a while. So I wouldn't worry too much that Rose Rock is attached. And Pivot does good work, so they will help the project have some credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    Isn't this rumored to be a commuter rail stop?
    Yes as well as Santa Fe Station.

While the commuter line has still a long, long way to go it would suck to see any development here not seriously consider the potential for that line to happen.

If this proceeds, talk about a transformation of this area. 2 huge projects side by side
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (10).jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	18576

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure everything is completely conceptual at this time.

Don't believe they have their financing yet.
    $100 dollars they come with their hand out to OCURA or city council for TIF money.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    $100 dollars they come with their hand out to OCURA or city council for TIF money.
    It would be fiscally irresponsible not to.

Is this area even in a TIF district? Seems awfully far from downtown for that.

8. Default Re: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kanaly View Post
    If this proceeds, talk about a transformation of this area. 2 huge projects side by side
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (10).jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	18576
    Thanks for this! This is much needed north of Downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Is this area even in a TIF district? Seems awfully far from downtown for that.
    Replying to myself, based on Pete's map in the TIF Districts thread it looks like this site is too far north to be in TIF district #2, and I can't imagine there's one setup for the mostly residential area of midtown north of 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Replying to myself, based on Pete's map in the TIF Districts thread it looks like this site is too far north to be in TIF district #2, and I can't imagine there's one setup for the mostly residential area of midtown north of 13th.
    Don't worry, they'll just amend an existing one or add a new one.

They do it all the time and the two developers involved have been involved in scores of projects with public incentives.

Don't worry, they'll just amend an existing one or add a new one.

They do it all the time and the two developers involved have been involved in scores of projects with public incentives.
    Oh, duh, what was I thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Yes as well as Santa Fe Station.

While the commuter line has still a long, long way to go it would suck to see any development here not seriously consider the potential for that line to happen.
    What are the rumored stops between Edmond and Norman?

Back in the 1990s, Tony Basolo was a friend and mentor to me, as he was to many people. He was “Assistant to the President” at Dolese then. I think he succeeded Roger Dolese as President following Mr. Dolese’s death in the early 2000s.

I remember him telling me a few times how Dolese had acquired and banked this land for the purpose of providing the base of a substantial project for OKC in the 21st century.

I think this fits their vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Back in the 1990s, Tony Basolo was a friend and mentor to me, as he was to many people. He was “Assistant to the President” at Dolese then. I think he succeeded Roger Dolese as President following Mr. Dolese’s death in the early 2000s.

I remember him telling me a few times how Dolese had acquired and banked this land for the purpose of providing the base of a substantial project for OKC in the 21st century.

How cool! People with this sort of foresight blow my mind.

There is above ground utility lines that run directly through this property. This project looks very nice. Adding a dense pocket of residential here would help justify expanding the streetcar N on Broadway to 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    It would be fiscally irresponsible not to.
    And it would be fiscally irresponsible for the city to give it. Somehow the grandest and nicest mixed use project in the states history (OAK) is currently getting built yet is doing it without TIF money. That tells me its unnecessary here as well. Theres not even some old building theyre retrofitting nor any environmental issues that usually gets developers TIF money, its just retail and apartments, stuff that happens all over the OKC without any help.

And it would be fiscally irresponsible for the city to give it. Somehow the grandest and nicest mixed use project in the states history (OAK) is currently getting built yet is doing it without TIF money. That tells me its unnecessary here as well. Theres not even some old building theyre retrofitting nor any environmental issues that usually gets developers TIF money, its just retail and apartments, stuff that happens all over the OKC without any help.
    I don't disagree with you. Just saying they will likely ask, and there is nothing wrong with asking.

Blog Entries

Maybe if you could move Nichols Hills, Glenbrook, et al near to 13th and Broadway they wouldn’t need to ask for TIF either. Or, if you had the traffic count of NW Expressway. The two sites are very, very different in their current economic demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Maybe if you could move Nichols Hills, Glenbrook, et al near to 13th and Broadway they wouldn’t need to ask for TIF either. Or, if you had the traffic count of NW Expressway. The two sites are very, very different in their current economic demographics.
    Then maybe the market should speak for itself and this doesnt happen here instead of TIF money skewing the market.

And they are different in other ways. Assembling multiple parcels from different owners is a time consuming and expensive process, yet OAK still managed it with no TIF. Alley North is one property from one seller, pretty straight forward. If the purchase price is too high at Alley North to make it work, then let it sit for either the next buyer to make it work or the seller adjusts its price. Instead too often its "hey OCURA, this wont pencil so give us money to make it happen."

Blog Entries

Then maybe the market should speak for itself and this doesnt happen here instead of TIF money skewing the market.

And they are different in other ways. Assembling multiple parcels from different owners is a time consuming and expensive process, yet OAK still managed it with no TIF. Alley North is one property from one seller, pretty straight forward. If the purchase price is too high at Alley North to make it work, then let it sit for either the next buyer to make it work or the seller adjusts its price. Instead too often its "hey OCURA, this wont pencil so give us money to make it happen."
    Well, that is one way. If that were the way downtown went then it would be a sad place with no MAPS and no TIF. OKC would be wildly different, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

Yes, he succeeded Roger Dolese as President. I knew him and his wife Judy. Such gracious people.

Just saw this project is in line to receive $4.5 million in funding assistance from the City.

Looks like there is forward movement.

Just saw this project is in line to receive $4.5 million in funding assistance from the City.

Looks like there is forward movement.
    Funding assistance? Does that mean TIF or something else?

Funding assistance? Does that mean TIF or something else?
    Not TIF; I believe it will be a low-interest loan.

Not TIF; I believe it will be a low-interest loan.
    TIF it is according to this mornings paper. 4.5 million for phase one. And then the developers say a TIF for phase two. First phase is an office building, apparently pre-leased, a parking garage and a 120 room boutique hotel, as well as some retail. Phase two will be apartments and more.

Thread Information