Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKC media landscape about to get WORSE!

Default Re: OKC media landscape about to get WORSE!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this shows a total lack of understanding how the NBA operates and a lack of understanding of basic business
    Please explain yourself.

2. Default Re: OKC media landscape about to get WORSE!

Good grief...THIS has to be the thread that gets the weird condition where it won't disappear once clicked upon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    Please explain yourself.
    Please explain how 'civic issues' is the place for this.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Please explain how 'civic issues' is the place for this.
    origin was an outsider taking over a local tv station...under very shady circumstances.

origin was an outsider taking over a local tv station...under very shady circumstances.
    You can stand down. As you know (knew before posting), it isn't happening.

The fact that it almost did, and no one cared is pretty alarming. ok. I'll HOP on over to important threads like how to get a Senor frogs here in okc.

So OP wants the city to spend taxpayer dollars to ensure a local company gets a profitable contract to provide coverage and access to another private entity to the detriment of an out-of-state company which according to OP has an unprofitable/lopsidedly bad contract with our local private entity. This access being sold is not the property of OKC, so we're definitely talking about the city spending taxpayer dollars to subsidize a deal between two for-profit entities.

If this is the Steve Hunt who ran for mayor a few years back, I seem to recall he very much thought that our local government was rife with corruption and so I'm confused.

OP seems to be advocating for what many outside interests would claim is a pretty corrupt deal which would possibly be illegal.

local government is quite corrupt....recall them Running the big league city campaign out of the tax payer subsidized chamber of commerce ... not cool.

Trying to get them to do something a little more ethical should make sense, since in theory the public is at least supposed to have some
    influence on what they do, or at least the illusion of that -- thus the suggestion.

would it be illegal for them to do this? How is it different than subsidizing the thunder to the detriment of...

...and when I say "them running..." I refer to this document that shows Cornett (the mayor) as the Chairman of the campaign... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crab legs.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	14846

local government is quite corrupt....recall them Running the big league city campaign out of the tax payer subsidized chamber of commerce ... not cool.

Trying to get them to do something a little more ethical should make sense, since in theory the public is at least supposed to have some
    influence on what they do, or at least the illusion of that -- thus the suggestion.

would it be illegal for them to do this? How is it different than subsidizing the thunder to the detriment of...
    the chamber is not tax payer subsidized stop posting things that are not true

Hotel Motel tax goes to them. Sorry. It is true. Couch admits to it here. Look at his face!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YVC53VPKfc

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the chamber is not tax payer subsidized stop posting things that are not true

Broken link.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Broken link.
    Works for me, wish the document in it was paused/more readable, though.

The motive has become clear. I'm popping some corn if anyone would like some.

Oh come on.

Not popcorn. Nacho fries.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Works for me, wish the document in it was paused/more readable, though.
    I was on courthouse wifi at the time, so that would probably explain why it didn't work. Oklahoma County has a clear motive to hide the truth!!!!

Sinclair has clearly gotten to Oklahoma County!

Or Tribune has. I dunno. My tinfoil hat is in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Not popcorn. Nacho fries.
    I don't want your Taco Bell jokes to go unrecognized, but good job

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    So OP wants the city to spend taxpayer dollars to ensure a local company gets a profitable contract to provide coverage and access to another private entity to the detriment of an out-of-state company which according to OP has an unprofitable/lopsidedly bad contract with our local private entity. This access being sold is not the property of OKC, so we're definitely talking about the city spending taxpayer dollars to subsidize a deal between two for-profit entities.

If this is the Steve Hunt who ran for mayor a few years back, I seem to recall he very much thought that our local government was rife with corruption and so I'm confused.

OP seems to be advocating for what many outside interests would claim is a pretty corrupt deal which would possibly be illegal.
    Funneling govt money into media has never bite anyone in the a** in the history of the world ever

Wow, God forbid that a person sell his or her property to the highest bidder.

I would be f’ing pissed if my tax dollars helped a locally owned media outfit secure a below market deal. And I’m pretty sure that such a scheme would open the city to equal protection claims from out-of-state companies.

Once again the chamber is not subsidized by the city

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Wow, God forbid that a person sell his or her property to the highest bidder.

I would be f’ing pissed if my tax dollars helped a locally owned media outfit secure a below market deal. And I’m pretty sure that such a scheme would open the city to equal protection claims from out-of-state companies.
    A govt owned media is like the literal opposite of a free and fair press. So this entire thread and rant is just nonsensical

You might call this thread crunchy. Or even... Loco.

25. Default Re: OKC media landscape about to get WORSE!

Nacho funniest joke. Pretty cheesy, actually.

Thread Information