Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kfc

Large Chain Kfc

Looks like KFC is finally going to remodel and reopen the location at 6000 N. May.

2. Default Re: Kfc

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop eating fried chicken!

Default Re: Kfc

Well that’s a bummer. I was hoping they’d sell it as a remodel and some enterprising folks would come open a hole in the wall with great food. Like pho cuong in an old captain D’s, chows in a, does anyone remember what that funky A-ish frame was originally? And countless others in old wendy’s and DQ buildings.

Blog Entries

With CFA and now Cane's in the area, I think they HAD to do this. It's only a matter of time before Golden Chick and another chain or two join the fray...

I honestly didn’t think it was going to come back. They shuttered about the same time the chic fil a started construction which was some time ago. Nw 63rd n May is going to be fried chicken on a Moore Oklahoman scale.

6. Default Re: Kfc

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Nw 63rd n May is going to be fried chicken on a Moore Oklahoman scale.
    Only two we are missing is Popeyes (which we had for a couple of years) and Golden Chick. And I had heard rumor at one time that Golden Chick was going to build on the lot at 12th and Broadway but that rumors a couple of years old now.

Blog Entries

For the record, there's a Popeye's at 50th/May, not sure if that's close enough to count but seems like it.

(I know you were talking about Moore, but I missed that one in my earlier comment)

8. Default Re: Kfc

Would probably count as much for that area as if we counted the one at I-240 and Sooner as being part of Moore.

Blog Entries

I mean...

Popeye's - 50th
    KFC - 59th
    CFA - 61st
    Canes - 63rd

NW Expressway has all of the above and a church's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    NW Expressway has all of the above and a church's.
    And a slim chickens! And a zaxby’s! And a bee dubs!

Seriously, I face palm every time I see a slim chickens...WTF is slim about deep fried chicken fingers, french fries, and pink sauce made from mixing ketchup, pickle juice, and mayonnaise together. And why is the logo a chicken dressed up like a 1920’s gangster?!

Seriously, I face palm every time I see a slim chickens...WTF is slim about deep fried chicken fingers, french fries, and pink sauce made from mixing ketchup, pickle juice, and mayonnaise together. And why is the logo a chicken dressed up like a 1920’s gangster?!
    Haha... I know, so random.

I really hate to think about the industrialized chicken farming behind all these operations. I continue to edge closer and closer to going vegetarian if not full vegan.

what in the wide world of sports is going on in this thread? guess folks today don't recognize a good slim pickens reference when they see one. : )

^ I just can’t do it. I’m too much of an okie boy to get around the feeling that “it’s not a meal without meat.” I successfully went pescitarian for about 2 months. But now I can’t even look at tailapia. Commercial fishing is just as bad if not worse.

I find myself spending ever increasing amounts of money on groceries and restaurants that offer ethically sourced animal protein.

My wife has this, palms clamped over her ears humming “lalalalalala” conviction that meat is just meat and it doesn’t come from a living being. Also that her own body is just skin and the concept that she’s made up of a complex system of veins, muscles, and organs makes her hyperventilate. To which I reply “ain’t choo never cleaned a fish??” But she’ll still eat a dozen oysters.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    what in the wide world of sports is going on in this thread? guess folks today don't recognize a good slim pickens reference when they see one. : )
    http://http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzvdpx1WY31qcay1ao1_500.gif

I know right!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE0FF94F-51D0-4804-809A-7DBC3FC5A8C4.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	14830

Man, I tried and failed to post a gif. What kind of Rooskie forum site are you running here Pete? It’s time for plan R.

Oh yay, another damn chicken place.... Why, oh why, couldn't it have been a coffee shop? No coffee shops on May between who knows how far south (from at least Reno) all the way up to N. Grand (correct me if I'm wrong, though, I'd be happy to be wrong this time), where there's a *$. *$ on 36th/May doesn't count, it's just a drive-through, just like Leaf & Bean on 36th/May, and B&N isn't really a coffee shop, but they have a cafe, so they kind of half count, I guess.

Blog Entries

well..... there was going to be one at 63/May before stella got cold feet...

This thread has cracked me up. Nice to see some humor.

If you haven't been, you should really go to Handi-Sack on ne 27th n kelly and get their fried chicken.

21. Default Re: Kfc

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    If you haven't been, you should really go to Handi-Sack on ne 27th n kelly and get their fried chicken.
    Fried chicken there is good but the pork chops are the best in Oklahoma.... Don't go there and not get at least a dozen!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Food.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	14840

Blog Entries

w
    o
    w

And a slim chickens! And a zaxby’s! And a bee dubs!

So, I can't tell if you are joking.... Lol. But, it's not a gangster, it's a musician. And, the slim isn't because you'll be slim, it's an homage to Slim Whitman and I assume also a play on words with the phrase "slim pickings." Southern and soulful is what they are going for...

I’m 100% not joking. Slim Whitman, who I own on the 7” pressings of “Indian love call” and one of my favorite old mono discs. Never wore a hat over his face like that. And Slim Pickens used that stage name as a play on “slim pickings” which means that there’s nothing good to choose from. I don’t have a doctorate in marketing, but it was my minor for my MBA, and the whole brand has got SMH written all over it.

I mean, my comments and statements 60% of the time, every time, have some smatterings of cynisim, sarcasm, ire, or lampooning. So I’m not typing hate speech against a chicken finger chain. But, slim chickens???

Thread Information