Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kfc

Default Re: Kfc

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Btw as I recently posted in another thread. My wife, while not that ignorant, thinks of meat as meat and not consisting of a living being. I head in the sand meat-a-tarian.

2. Default Re: Kfc

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    I’m 100% not joking. Slim Whitman, who I own on the 7” pressings of “Indian love call” and one of my favorite old mono discs. Never wore a hat over his face like that. And Slim Pickens used that stage name as a play on “slim pickings” which means that there’s nothing good to choose from. I don’t have a doctorate in marketing, but it was my minor for my MBA, and the whole brand has got SMH written all over it.

I mean, my comments and statements 60% of the time, every time, have some smatterings of cynisim, sarcasm, ire, or lampooning. So I’m not typing hate speech against a chicken finger chain. But, slim chickens???
    Do you really think anyone but a "slim pickins" of folks give the name of the chain that much thought? I saw it, thought about the actor Slim Pickins, thought of Blazing Saddles and Dr. Strangelove - gave it a chuckle and drove on. I was thinking more how OKC should change the name of the Northwest Hiway out there around Rockwell and MacArthur to Chicken Row - but they seem to be bunched in other places, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    I’m 100% not joking. Slim Whitman, who I own on the 7” pressings of “Indian love call” and one of my favorite old mono discs. Never wore a hat over his face like that. And Slim Pickens used that stage name as a play on “slim pickings” which means that there’s nothing good to choose from. I don’t have a doctorate in marketing, but it was my minor for my MBA, and the whole brand has got SMH written all over it.

I mean, my comments and statements 60% of the time, every time, have some smatterings of cynisim, sarcasm, ire, or lampooning. So I’m not typing hate speech against a chicken finger chain. But, slim chickens???
    Oh, I'm not suggesting it's a good name... Just that I don't think there was ever any intention for it to indicate any sort of healthy or slimming properties. The owner's mother came up with the name, so I'm sure she was just a fan.

It's painted red and white as of last Sat.

This is open now.

please drive past and drive the extra 6 miles to Hand-E-Sack on E 27th 'n Kelly...best fried chicken by far....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteveHunt View Post
    please drive past and drive the extra 6 miles to Hand-E-Sack on E 27th 'n Kelly...best fried chicken by far....
    Haven't tried Hand-E-Sack yet, but Tez Wings over in Midwest City is pretty great.

Talking about the plethora of chicken options, Yukon has every chicken chain, concentrated along Garth Brooks Blvd, except for maybe a few link Slim Chickens and Churchs I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Haven't tried Hand-E-Sack yet, but Tez Wings over in Midwest City is pretty great.
    I got spoiled in Austin with Pluckers, best Wing restaurant in this part of the country by far.

Thread Information