Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: 6100 Grand

Blog Entries

Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I wish Classen Curve had this style of architecture. It would have given it a truly upscale/high end retail feel. I’m not anti modernism but the current design is stale and looks cheap. IMO.
    It is very difficult to develop this quality construction for retail. Most retail doesn’t have the margins to support the cost this demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Gaudy stuff..? Since when is Le Corbusier gaudy?
    I don't know what Le Corbusier is, but since it feels like you're quoting me here, I'm referring to the renderings of the interior posted a few posts up. I think the interiors look gaudy and overdone for a spot on 63rd and Western in Oklahoma City. Solely my opinion, and one I will absolutely not defend, because I don't care.

The exterior and interior renderings look almost exactly like the home the architect/developer built for himself in Gallardia, which he recently sold.

I'm sure he moved a lot of the same ornate furniture to his new home in the middle of this project.

Photos are from Zillow:

4. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I don't know what Le Corbusier is, but since it feels like you're quoting me here, I'm referring to the renderings of the interior posted a few posts up. I think the interiors look gaudy and overdone for a spot on 63rd and Western in Oklahoma City. Solely my opinion, and one I will absolutely not defend, because I don't care.
    We must be looking at different interiors because the one I was referring to was surprisingly minimalist for such an ornamental, Haussmann style exterior. I referenced Le Corbusier because the furniture shown in this photo was clearly inspired by furniture he designed to complement his early modernist, minimalist projects such as Villa Savoye in Poissy, France:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	18656

Here is Villa Savoye:

Name:	IMG_0292.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	18657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0293.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	18658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	18659

His chairs are famous in their own right, much like Eames chairs. They may or may not be someone’s individual taste, but what they are NOT is gaudy. In fact, they’re quite the opposite.

We must be looking at different interiors because the one I was referring to was surprisingly minimalist for such an ornamental, Haussmann style exterior. I referenced Le Corbusier because the furniture shown in this photo was clearly inspired by furniture he designed to complement his early modernist, minimalist projects such as Villa Savoye in Poissy, France:

Name:	IMG_0291.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	18656

Here is Villa Savoye:

Name:	IMG_0292.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	18657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0293.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	18658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	18659

His chairs are famous in their own right, much like Eames chairs. They may or may not be someone’s individual taste, but what they are NOT is gaudy. In fact, they’re quite the opposite.
    Like I said, I won't defend a dumb opinion of mine on the internet. I like Eames chairs. You can keep telling me I'm wrong about my opinion, though, if you'd like.

6. Default Re: 6100 Grand

I suppose if you were referring to the decor in the top picture - an actual pic from the referenced Zillow link depicting an interior of a unit in this development - and THAT is what you were calling gaudy, then yes, we must agree to disagree.

I suppose if you were referring to the decor in the top picture - an actual pic from the referenced Zillow link depicting an interior of a unit in this development - and THAT is what you were calling gaudy, then yes, we must agree to disagree.
    I was referring to the bathrooms and dining areas, specifically. There are certainly more basic pictures included.

As for agreeing to disagree, I've not yet tried to convince you to agree with me about anything.

8. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The tea room bed creeps me out, there is just something about those very ornate old fashioned beds that unnerves me.
    Overall I think the rendering designs look beautiful, as I like the minimalist blended with some ornate. The all out classic ornate like this house's interior is not my vibe, but I'd be stoked for the Grand townhouse interiors. This is one ultra luxury build that I'm happy to see in OKC. It's not like anything else we have, and that is the point. outside and inside is very unique for the area!

It's definitely different and while ornate is not my style either, there is a lot of expensive craftmanship that goes into these finishes.

I really like that OKC finally has a bunch of different housing options both in the suburbs and in the core.

There does seem to be a strong trend towards smaller lots but very nice finishes in the kitchen and bathrooms. It makes sense because other than a patio, people don't really use yards and they are a pain to maintain (spoken by someone who started a month-long spring clean project on my 1/3 acre).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's definitely different and while ornate is not my style either, there is a lot of expensive craftmanship that goes into these finishes.

I really like that OKC finally has a bunch of different housing options both in the suburbs and in the core.

There does seem to be a strong trend towards smaller lots but very nice finishes in the kitchen and bathrooms. It makes sense because other than a patio, people don't really use yards and they are a pain to maintain (spoken by someone who started a month-long spring clean project on my 1/3 acre).
    I'm also very impressed that they're selling so well! Good for them!

11. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I was referring to the bathrooms and dining areas, specifically. There are certainly more basic pictures included.

As for agreeing to disagree, I've not yet tried to convince you to agree with me about anything.
    I have no idea why you are so confrontational and sour in your responses. I never attacked you personally and definitely not directly. You did, however, disparage the development that is the topic of this thread, and I reserve the right to respectfully take issue with blanket and/or (in my opinion) inaccurate statements like that made on threads in this board, which I did. Very politely, I will point out.

I only disagree with the statement that the interior I referenced above - from the Zillow link - qualified in any way as gaudy. If you'd instead described the exterior architectural style as gaudy, I'd probably have agreed, though I do think it is far from classless, and appears to be well executed. It's not my personal taste, either. The interior pictured is, however. You could have replied by linking other images that helped us understand what your gaudy comment was specifically referencing, rather than making belittling jabs, but decided not to do so.

You have instead chosen to somehow make this conversation personal in nature. I said my piece; I'm out. Have a nice day.

I have no idea why you are so confrontational and sour in your responses. I never attacked you personally and definitely not directly. You did, however, disparage the development that is the topic of this thread, and I reserve the right to respectfully take issue with blanket and/or (in my opinion) inaccurate statements like that made on threads in this board, which I did. Very politely, I will point out.

I only disagree with the statement that the interior I referenced above - from the Zillow link - qualified in any way as gaudy. If you'd instead described the exterior architectural style as gaudy, I'd probably have agreed, though I do think it is far from classless, and appears to be well executed. It's not my personal taste, either. The interior pictured is, however. You could have replied by linking other images that helped us understand what your gaudy comment was specifically referencing, rather than making belittling jabs, but decided not to do so.

You have instead chosen to somehow make this conversation personal in nature. I said my piece; I'm out. Have a nice day.
    I'm sorry, I've not intentionally been sour. You've taken particular offense at my use of the word "gaudy" in my opinion and have continued on for several posts explaining why you disagree. All I've done is said it's my opinion and that I'm not going to argue with you about it.

I'm not sure how I've made it personal, at all. I'm sorry you feel that way. You seem to be the one trying to convince me to change my opinion, and all I've said is I don't care enough to argue about my opinion on the internet about something that I'll never be able to afford anyway.

What "belittling jabs" have I made towards you? I'm curious as to how I've offended you when all I've tried to do is avoid arguing about my opinion. I like this board too much to intentionally ruin it by being a jerk. Whether or not I'm always successful in avoiding being a jerk is certainly up for debate.

yawn......

Can we set up a "personal attacks" section of this board????

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    yawn......

Can we set up a "personal attacks" section of this board????
    The Politics section went away a while ago

Sorry, I had no intention of upsetting anyone. It's my dumb, uninformed, opinion. It should be paid literally no attention, at all.

alright, everybody... let's just move on.

Blog Entries

A couple of these were listed today. 3 bed, 3 bath, 3416 ft for 1.8 mill and one that is 7335 sq ft for $3.7 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    A couple of these were listed today. 3 bed, 3 bath, 3416 ft for 1.8 mill and one that is 7335 sq ft for $3.7 mill.
    Wow that place is huge! The bathroom sinks are works of art.

with $18,725 annual HOA fees

Blog Entries

^Well, I mean….there is the pool!

21. Default Re: 6100 Grand

and people say OKC can't afford Legends Tower. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

22. Default Re: 6100 Grand

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Oh snap

Blog Entries

You are seriously comparing the two?

obsessed

Thread Information