Widgets Magazine

Thread: Film Row Handicap Parking

Film Exchange Film Row Handicap Parking

Now that this is an active concern for me, I've started to notice the lack of available handicap parking in many of the districts around OKC. Unless I'm missing something, film row seems to be the worse. There are no street handicap spots, although there are some in some of the public spots.

I do know that you can park at a meter without paying with a placard, but the limitation to that is that 1 - there have to be open spots available. 2 - You're still limited to the max time. (2 hours from what I've seen down here). Is this typical?

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Film Row Handicap Parking

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I do know that you can park at a meter without paying with a placard, but the limitation to that is that 1 - there have to be open spots available. 2 - You're still limited to the max time. (2 hours from what I've seen down here). Is this typical?
    I did not know this was legal. Is this true for the entire state?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I did not know this was legal. Is this true for the entire state?
    I don't know. I found this information on the city ADA page. http://parkingokc.com/ada-accessible-parking

HangryHippo Guest

I don't know. I found this information on the city ADA page. http://parkingokc.com/ada-accessible-parking
    Thanks for the link, Jerry.

Now that this is an active concern for me, I've started to notice the lack of available handicap parking in many of the districts around OKC. Unless I'm missing something, film row seems to be the worse. There are no street handicap spots, although there are some in some of the public spots.

Jerrywall,
    The ADA laws don't apply to older areas unless major changes are made to the area. I used to go to a barber shop in a strip center in Del City and they didn't have a single handicap parking place and no ramp for me to ride my mobility scooter on to the walk area. The older Walmarts have less handicap parking spaces than the new ones. My late wife was handicapped in 2001 and I have been since 2012 and I have seen a lot of improvement over the years. It just takes time.
    C. T.

Thread Information