Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

Melo would do well playing overseas.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

Blog Entries

Thunder @ Phoenix Suns box score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070914

OKC is rolling right now without their best player. Revenge game against the Kings tonight and we visit the (struggling) Warriors on Thanksgiving Eve. OKC will likely be #1 in the west if they get the pair of Ws.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    OKC is rolling right now without their best player. Revenge game against the Kings tonight and we visit the (struggling) Warriors on Thanksgiving Eve. OKC will likely be #1 in the west if they get the pair of Ws.
    The Warriors are going to be without Steph and possibly Draymond, I like our chances with that.

Any chance of the Thunder trading for Beal and having a SG that can actually shoot?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rade-scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Any chance of the Thunder trading for Beal and having a SG that can actually shoot?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rade-scenarios
    Bradley Beal is an amazing player who makes $25, 27, and 28 million the next three years so OKC would have to unload either Steven Adams or a lot of rotation players to make it happen. There's almost no way OKC would take back more money so you'd have to add the salaries up to over $25 million. Here's the salary of players (rounded down) OKC would need to include:
    - Steven Adams: $24 million
    - Dennis Schröder: $15 million
    - Andre Roberson: $10 million
    - Jerami Grant: $8 million
    - Alex Abrines: $5 million

It's also important to remember that Beal is a better player than anyone on this list so OKC would have to give a lot. Maybe Steven Adams, Terrance Ferguson or Hamidou Diallo, and a 1st round pick in the loaded 2022 draft gets it done. That's a lot to give up. Is it worth gutting the roster for Beal? Maybe, he's really good, but it would be a risk. I don't see it as likely and I think other teams could make better offers than OKC.

Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/

Isn't Beal injury prone too?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Bradley Beal is an amazing player who makes $25, 27, and 28 million the next three years so OKC would have to unload either Steven Adams or a lot of rotation players to make it happen. There's almost no way OKC would take back more money so you'd have to add the salaries up to over $25 million. Here's the salary of players (rounded down) OKC would need to include:
    - Steven Adams: $24 million
    - Dennis Schröder: $15 million
    - Andre Roberson: $10 million
    - Jerami Grant: $8 million
    - Alex Abrines: $5 million

It's also important to remember that Beal is a better player than anyone on this list so OKC would have to give a lot. Maybe Steven Adams, Terrance Ferguson or Hamidou Diallo, and a 1st round pick in the loaded 2022 draft gets it done. That's a lot to give up. Is it worth gutting the roster for Beal? Maybe, he's really good, but it would be a risk. I don't see it as likely and I think other teams could make better offers than OKC.

Source: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/
    So much depressing reality in your post lol. I figured the math wouldn’t work and I damn sure don’t want to give up my man Adams.

Adams is not going anywhere - he's becoming one of the more dominant post players in the league. He's part of the foundation along with Russ and PG13.

Trade Westbrook for Beal and have Schroder at point guard. I have been hammered on the forum before, but Westbrook has always been the problem when it comes to winning a championship. He sucks the air out of the offense and hurts the flow.

Blog Entries

Thunder @Kings Box score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070928

H. Diallo SG 22 minutes FG 7-7 3PTS 2-2 FT 2-2 PTS 18 +5

Tough loss, but we are apparently incapable of beating the Sacramento Kings.

TLC and Diallo looked really nice. Hope we can beat Golden State.

I will take that L considering all the role players we were missing and Russ being still hurt? He clearly was limping into the huddles and such last night, but the announces never mentioned it.

Kings could not miss. Then we decided to leave Hield wide open for the entire fourth quarter.

I like our chances against GSW if Grant isn't too hurt.

Blog Entries

Any injury updates on the status of Grant, Abrines, Ferguson & Roberson?

Wish these guys the best and a speedy recovery...

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    Trade Westbrook for Beal and have Schroder at point guard. I have been hammered on the forum before, but Westbrook has always been the problem when it comes to winning a championship. He sucks the air out of the offense and hurts the flow.
    Pete, can we consider a lifetime ban for this comment?

But seriously, what is your basis for Westbrook "sucks the air out of the offense"? I know you're not going to use any statistics because Russ' on/off numbers show that your post is incorrect. When Westbrook plays, the offense is great. When he sits, the offense is terrible. We have years of data on this. It's hard to convey how big of a downgrade Schroder is from Westbrook. I'd say that would cost the Thunder around 10 wins in a season.

Buddy Hield is having a break out year. Really happy for him. He's a hard worker. Just don't like that it came at our expense last night.

Blog Entries

^ Agree...Buddy was on fire and his buckets last night were big ones. He can play.

Thunder losses like this one can usually be tracked back to defense - or lack of defense. They get 69 in first half and outrebounded us. Story of the game in a nutshell. Kings are improved - fringe playoff type team. I admit I only saw the 4Th quarter due to that epic MNF game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Pete, can we consider a lifetime ban for this comment?

But seriously, what is your basis for Westbrook "sucks the air out of the offense"? I know you're not going to use any statistics because Russ' on/off numbers show that your post is incorrect. When Westbrook plays, the offense is great. When he sits, the offense is terrible. We have years of data on this. It's hard to convey how big of a downgrade Schroder is from Westbrook. I'd say that would cost the Thunder around 10 wins in a season.
    I think he’s basing it off of an extremely small sample size of 5-6 games against very low level competition. In the past, if we lose those games without Westbrook, it’s bc we have no bench support. We actually have a team now that can compete, and Schroder is a huge get for us and looks to be a solid floor manager. But he can’t replace Westbrook.

Blog Entries

Thunder @Warriors: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070945

Westbrook: a A quadruple-double DREB 11, REB 11, AST 13, PTS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thunder @Warriors: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401070945

Westbrook: a A quadruple-double DREB 11, REB 11, AST 13, PTS 11
    I don't think that counts as a quadruple-double. Still a good win for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrings View Post
    I don't think that counts as a quadruple-double. Still a good win for the team.
    Let’s try 11 pts, 11 reb, 13 ast, and 15 fga. Boom, quadruple double!

So what Schröder did last night is really something that probably 70% of NBA players are incapable of ever doing in an NBA game.

He and Westbrook played great together last night. A relatively easy team for OKC to crush as they had so much athletic advantage with the warriors missing 3 of their Big 5, but they did the crushing and showed a lot of good offensive chops.

If this team can grind past the 1st round and find a way to get hot in the playoffs, they could make a run for it. Still don't think it will be enough to beat a healthy Warrior's squad, but there are a lot of good pieces here and it seems that Billy is finding some ways to get more out of the role-players and a whole lot earlier in the season than he's ever done so before. The way the role players are playing reminds me of the 2016 playoff run role-players.

Blog Entries

Westbrook's transformation is taking place right before our eyes. His contagious energy can be seen among the players who look up to his leadership. He has grown as a player, leader & family man.

Our community is happy to have an all individual of Russell Westbrook's character.

Blog Entries

Hamidou Diallo injury update:

Royce Young ESPN Staff Writer

Update on Hamidou Diallo: After further evaluation today, he officially has a left ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days.
    12:17 AM - Nov 22, 2018

Thread Information