Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

I'm quite sure we would have been swept by Denver had we fallen to the #7.

As it is, I could see us taking a game or two off of Portland. We're playing well, to be sure, but I just haven't seen the kind of consistency that would motivate me to take out a Home Equity Loan to place on this first series.

Tread lightly Thunder fans... it is tough to beat a team 8 times in one year. Especially if that team has Dame Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Tread lightly Thunder fans... it is tough to beat a team 8 times in one year. Especially if that team has Dame Lillard
    True, but the fact that we don't have to play them with Nurkic for the next four certainly works in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    I'm sure glad none of you are fortune tellers!
    I'll be honest: I use this forum for my manic-depressive Thunder fandom outlet. Before, I was sure we were getting swept by GSW. Right now, I'm thinking we're winning it all!

But I don't want to jinx it, so ignore everything I just said.

Thunder favored in first series.(-130).

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    True, but the fact that we don't have to play them with Nurkic for the next four certainly works in our favor.
    ...especially considering that it leaves them with Enes Kanter as their starting center to defend Adams...

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2018-19

Blog Entries

By the way.....Thunder covered the 48.5 season win total. So that makes some of us even happier.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I'll be honest: I use this forum for my manic-depressive Thunder fandom outlet. Before, I was sure we were getting swept by GSW. Right now, I'm thinking we're winning it all!

But I don't want to jinx it, so ignore everything I just said.
    ^^^
    Thunder fandom on this site in a nutshell.

Blog Entries

Thunder vs Trailblazers

Game One: Moda Center, 1 Center Court Street, Portland, OR 97227

Sunday, April 14, 2:30 p.m. CST

Blog Entries

What a Sunday - breakfast at the Masters with Tiger in the mix; Thunder first playoff game plus 3 other NBA games, and top that off with Game of Thrones tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    What a Sunday - breakfast at the Masters with Tiger in the mix; Thunder first playoff game plus 3 other NBA games, and top that off with Game of Thrones tonight!
    It really is a great Sunday for television. Hope Tiger can pull this off.

And the insanity that is this season continues. 15% from three-point land, how about we just quit jacking him up.

Blog Entries

Thunder @Portland Trailblazers Box score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401126841

The game was annoying to watch. 15% from three. Adams getting owned and laughing to the bank at being overpaid. I cannot believe he is making $24M. I figured he would develop some kind of offensive game. The referees were not even on calling fouls. They were calling fouls on light contact against OKC and some of the charges were suspect. Portland def got the benefit of the referees.

Blog Entries

Westbrook incurred some kind of injury to his ankle in the 4th quarter; let's hope he's okay. Really sucks when one or both of your stars aren't playing at full strength.

Not sure what happened to Adams. His offensive game has resembled Perkins after the all star break.

Quote Originally Posted by kswright29 View Post
    And the insanity that is this season continues. 15% from three-point land, how about we just quit jacking him up.
    You have to shoot threes in the modern NBA. You can't just quit jacking them up because there will be nowhere left to get a good shot. Sometimes you shoot 15% from three, and when that happens, you're probably going to lose. That doesn't mean you should quit doing it. If Paul George can't hit open threes then this season is essentially over anyways. Lets hope we return to the mean next game.

Considering we shot 15% from three, the game was fairly close. Hopefully we can shoot better in game 2.

And Portland shot 44% from 3 in the game. I think I saw a stat that showed they shot 75% in the first half, which is ridiculous. I seriously doubt they can keep that up in three more games.

*knock on wood*

I guess you can play Kanter. Small sample size aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    *knock on wood*

I guess you can play Kanter. Small sample size aside.
    Well, instead of attacking Kanter in the pick and roll where he's terrible, we just kept posting up Adams (Kanter's post defense is average).

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Well, instead of attacking Kanter in the pick and roll where he's terrible, we just kept posting up Adams (Kanter's post defense is average).
    I get that. What I don't get is given OKC should know better than most about Kanter's P&R defense. In addition to OKC being in the top half of running it, why not go to it? I imagine they can do it quite often with Kanter being the starter.

My expert analysis of the game. I wasted an hour of my life watching the first half thinking OKC was going to win, only to wake up with a blow out.

I always get chastised on the forum when I say this, and I have been since KD was with OKC, Westbrook is the problem and sucks the oxygen out of the offense. OKC is stuck with him because I doubt anyone wants him in a trade and the $40M a year salary. My recommendation is to keep shroeder (sp) at full time point and find a 2 guard that can actually shoot.

Having a 2 guard that could shoot would solve a lot of things. The thing I was most excited for when KD left was that his assist numbers would go up because Klay Thompson would be in the corner instead of Andre Roberson.

Thread Information