Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lip Smackers

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lip Smackers

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I plan on giving this a go tomorrow. I'm in the minority when it comes to Nic's, and hope I have the same feeling everybody else here does.
    You keep posting you don’t care for Nic’s. What’s your issue with them or their food?

The ingredients are fresh, and I found it surprisingly bland. Meat wasn't seasoned, the grease makes the bottom bun soggy and the whole sandwich unmanageable.

3. Default Re: Lip Smackers

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    The ingredients are fresh, and I found it surprisingly bland. Meat wasn't seasoned, the grease makes the bottom bun soggy and the whole sandwich unmanageable.
    Is this a critique of Lip Smackers or in answer to Rover's questions about your opinion of Nic's?

We went for lunch today right at noon. There was a pretty good crowd at that time. Jabbar was extremely pleasant. It made him happy when we told him we'd heard so many good things about his food. He was very upbeat, and said business was doing well. There were two people working in the back, so maybe he'll be able to not be so frenzied when it's super-busy.

Our food arrived in about 10 minutes. Everything was fresh and hot off the grill. My husband got the olive burger and I got the mushroom swiss. Both were excellent. The meat was cooked so that the outside had a slight crisp to it, and the inside was juicy. The seasoning of the beef was perfect for what we like. I'm generally dubious about crinkle fries, but these were hot and crunchy, and also seasoned well.

Total cost for two burgers, one order of fries (enough for two people), water to drink and 25% tip: $20. We'll definitely be back.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    We went for lunch today right at noon. There was a pretty good crowd at that time. Jabbar was extremely pleasant. It made him happy when we told him we'd heard so many good things about his food. He was very upbeat, and said business was doing well. There were two people working in the back, so maybe he'll be able to not be so frenzied when it's super-busy.

Our food arrived in about 10 minutes. Everything was fresh and hot off the grill. My husband got the olive burger and I got the mushroom swiss. Both were excellent. The meat was cooked so that the outside had a slight crisp to it, and the inside was juicy. The seasoning of the beef was perfect for what we like. I'm generally dubious about crinkle fries, but these were hot and crunchy, and also seasoned well.

Total cost for two burgers, one order of fries (enough for two people), water to drink and 25% tip: $20. We'll definitely be back.
    You must have been there when I went. Jabbar is very friendly. Definitely has a passion for good food and it shows. I don't eat burgers very often, but I will split my time between Lip Smackers and a place closer to my house. Also, the okra was excellent.

Dropped in again today. At one point there was a line of about 7 or 8 people waiting to order. Word is spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Is this a critique of Lip Smackers or in answer to Rover's questions about your opinion of Nic's?
    Based on the grease making the bottom bun useless, I'm going to guess Nic's. It's something I've heard in almost every review of Nic's, even the positive ones, and it most certainly didn't happen when I was at Lip Smackers. I think a combination of the (well-seasoned) patty not being greasy and a layer of lettuce between it and the bottom bun helped keep it intact.

If this was indeed a review of Lip Smackers...I dunno. Burgers just don't seem to like you, Thomas.

^

He was referring to the question about what he didn't like about Nic's, hence the grease and bun comment.

And this is why people need to "Reply With Quote" instead of just "Reply".

Sorry guys, I goofed =(.

I am very excited to try this, if for nothing else to talk to this friendly guy. Tried the avocado bacon burger at whataburger. It was a bust.

We stopped by there today and both burgers were great. Okra tasted great, and I usually hate fried Okra. It wasn’t the mushy mess you usually get. I got the chips, and they were great as well. I usually find homemade chips either rock hard or soggy in the middle, but these were just right.

convinced my usual "try new places" group to go today instead of Monday... so i'll post my experience once I get back from lunch... I keep hearing about this olive burger, so I think i'm going to go with that

The Chips and Onion Dip Burger is crazy good. The onion dip melts into the patty and is unlike any burger I've eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    The Chips and Onion Dip Burger is crazy good. The onion dip melts into the patty and is unlike any burger I've eaten.
    And those homemade chips are fantastic in their own right.

Nic's is such an ordeal and their hours so irregular I have only been once. I like this place almost as well and its infinitely accessible and not a mosh pit of humanity crammed into a small space.

Well as much as I love a good burger... if my experience today is a good as I think it will be. i'll probably be trying them all over the next few weeks

The “normal” jalapeño burger was pretty good. I don’t need a half pound burger in my diet all that much, but I want to try the blue cheese and the brie/Apple burgers.

was there from 11:30 till about 12:20. was probably never more than 3 people ordering, but was a pretty constant flow of people in.

Had the olive burger, it was good. the okra was great. I'll defiantly be back.

He didn't come out and say too much to us, but also looked like he was busy training staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    I'll defiantly be back.
    Was someone threatening you if you went?

I've got an appointment right before lunch over that way on friday an a break after that - i'll give it a go

Got it submitted to TripAdvisor and it was just approved along with my review.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Oklahoma.html

Quote Originally Posted by jennydahl View Post
    Got it submitted to TripAdvisor and it was just approved along with my review.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Oklahoma.html
    Great job!

And thanks for the shout-out to OKCTalk.

I threw up a Google review as well, might as well put my status as “Google Guide” to good use

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Great job!

And thanks for the shout-out to OKCTalk.
    Thankee... and it was a well-deserved shout-out. I've been lurking for a while - if it wasn't for OKCTalk, I wouldn't know what was going on around here!

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I threw up a Google review as well, might as well put my status as “Google Guide” to good use
    LOL... I felt the same with my 'Level 21 Expert Reviewer' badge! What else is it good for?

I stopped by for lunch today too. Pictured is the jalapeno burger with fried okra

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bJMLm43AfzGPmVb29

I enjoyed it. Burger kept together, and meat tasted like it was seasoned. Cheese doesn't appear melted but it was. Only knock I have is I wish the jalapenos were fresh and not pickled, but that comes down to preference. The okra was cooked perfectly. Fried on the outside, but tasted like it was boiled on the inside.
    Confirmed not a lot of talk, and a constant flow of 3 or less people.

I'll have to try that one next time

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    was there from 11:30 till about 12:20. was probably never more than 3 people ordering, but was a pretty constant flow of people in.

Had the olive burger, it was good. the okra was great. I'll defiantly be back.

He didn't come out and say too much to us, but also looked like he was busy training staff
    Were you in the 5 stack? I think I may have seen you.

Thread Information