Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheelhouse Pizza

Default Re: Wheelhouse Pizza

I honestly forgot about this place. I went once and thought it was good, but just forgot about it and never went back. The building is awful. I'm not a fan of the horseshoe shape. Doesn't make for a good sit-down restaurant.

It started off as a walk-up and order, sit down, and they'd bring your food to you. Then it evolved into a full service restaurant. It's about that time that we noticed less customers. We live down the street and went often as our kids liked the sliced pizza. I thought their wings were pretty good. Nothing special, just convenient for us.

Cathy Cummings (owner of Vito's, wife of Sean Cummings) saying on the Village FB page that this will become a Jimmy's Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Cathy Cummings (owner of Vito's, wife of Sean Cummings) saying on the Village FB page that this will become a Jimmy's Egg.
    Wheel House and Jimmy's Egg had overlap in ownership, so this doesn't surprise me.

I also don't think that is some sort of cursed location; almost the opposite. Just get a good concept in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Hmmm....I wouldn't hate that idea.

This doesn't bother me, but I wonder if it would take away business from the Jimmy's Egg up the street across from Quail Springs Mall. Perhaps there is enough business to compete between the two stores. It definitely would provide more direct competition with Joey's Café nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    This doesn't bother me, but I wonder if it would take away business from the Jimmy's Egg up the street across from Quail Springs Mall. Perhaps there is enough business to compete between the two stores. It definitely would provide more direct competition with Joey's Café nearby.
    And there's another one on Britton in between May and Penn. Seems like a lot, but they'd have all of Quail Creek to occupy it.

Remember also the Jimmy's Egg in Casady Square (which I think is a company owned building). Would make this one two miles from two different locations.

Maybe they'll do a Jimmy's Egg with a bar, like the one being built in Midtown.

I think they are feeling pressure to up their game due to Hatch, Neighborhood Jam, etc. And there are big margins in alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Maybe they'll do a Jimmy's Egg with a bar, like the one being built in Midtown.

I think they are feeling pressure to up their game due to Hatch, Neighborhood Jam, etc. And there are big margins in alcohol.
    That was my thought when I read Cathy's post. The bar is already built out in the restaurant, and since they've already proven they're open to serving alcohol, might as well do that here too.

I don't think they feel much pressure from the trendy joints. I heard a quote "I'd rather have the 80% we have than the 20% they're chasing". Jimmy's Egg makes a lot of money with a very lean management structure. Alcohol can have a large profit margin, but it requires strict management.

Thread Information