Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Inn

1. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Somebody's watching.

But they still have the directions wrong.

2. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

guys, I was thinking less so of the accuracy of the directions and moreso from the pictures and the 'long' list of local companies. It's impressive.

Most Hampton Inns use the generic *yet still impressive pictures of downtown Chicago; we used our own. Now, we just need the other Hampton and Hilton branded hotels in the city to use similar pics and industry lists (showing OKC skyline/buildings).

I bet most people not familiar with OKC's skyline would be impressed with those pics and probably think the 2nd was in New York or Chicago (nope, it's OKC!).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Bricktown's Hampton Inn working to beat the buzzer
    Opening soon Hotel fully booked for Big 12 basketball tournament
    BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: January 9, 2009

Construction continues on the 200-room Bricktown Hampton Inn at 300 E Sheridan. When the Hampton Inn opens later this year, the nine-story building will be the tallest in the entertainment district and will be its second hotel. Photo by Steve Lackmeyer, The Oklahoman

Developers of Bricktown’s Hampton Inn say the hotel will open next month and already is fully booked for the arrival of the Big 12 basketball tournament in March.

Construction has taken longer than first expected, with the opening originally scheduled for mid-2007. But Jonathan Pitman, whose family developed the hotel along with Raymond Management, said he has no worries about meeting the upcoming deadline.

"We’re about 85 percent complete,” Pitman said. "Right now, we’re working top to bottom. Floors six through eight have furniture ... we’re moving furniture into floors five, four and three, and on the second and first floors we’re doing carpeting and walls.”

Pitman said the housekeeping staff will begin work next week, installing shower curtains in completed rooms, doing set-up and then locking the rooms for the first guests.

"It’s exciting,” Pitman said. "We went a month ago, checked it out, and then went in again two days ago and it’s looking great. The quality is going to be there. Raymond Management, which owns the hotel, has a very specific quality that they go for.”

Pitman said the group is shooting to win the Hampton Inn opening-of-the-year award for the $25 million hotel.

Parking changes
    With the opening of the hotel, Bricktown visitors also can expect changes with the adjoining garage owned by Pitman and his father, Marsh Pitman.
    Pitman said an elevator will be built between the garage and hotel that will only be accessible to guests with room cards.

The garage will have fewer spaces available for public parking — something Pitman welcomes in light of free parking in nearby Lower Bricktown that has drawn away customers.

Pitman said one of the garage entrances may also be reserved for hotel guests.

Pitman and Bricktown Association Director Jim Cowan say they hope the hotel will spur restaurant and shop openings across the street — a stretch that has traditionally been leased to nightclubs.

"By bringing more rooms, there will be more foot traffic into the district,” Cowan said. "And the fact it doesn’t have a restaurant means the people staying there will use Bricktown restaurants for their food and beverage. I think it will have an unbelievable impact on Crabtown across the street.”

Drove down I-40 the other night and saw the lights were on on the outside of the building. Is the hotel open yet?

I saw it one night last week. I really like the up-lighting on the top two floors. I thought it looked real good.

^ I agree, the lighting almost makes up for the crappy stucco.

I agree, the lighting almost makes up for the crappy stucco.
    But probably not for the tower feature they took out.

[URL="http://stayonthehouse.com"]http://stayonthehouse.com[/URL

www.stayonthehouse.com

Bricktown Hampton Inn opens reservation books
    BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: February 21, 2009

For years, people have sought hotel rooms in Bricktown only to find themselves in the much newer Lower Bricktown or miles away from the entertainment district.

That predicament is over after the opening Friday of the Bricktown Hampton Inn, 300 E Sheridan. The 150-room hotel already was booking room reservations Friday afternoon and managers are looking at a full house throughout much of March.

"The first big run and rush will be with the American Choral Directors Association,” said Ryan Slater, director of sales. "We’re looking pretty fully committed for the whole week of the convention. The Big 12 will keep us busy, as will Pre-Paid Legal Services convention. March is looking strong, as is the entire year.”

Ready for spring

More than three years have passed since the $25 million, 150-room hotel was announced by Bricktown developer Marsh Pitman and Wisconsin-based Raymond Management. General Manager Cy Perkins said he wanted the hotel opened before March to ensure it is ready for a busy spring season. He said the downtown hotel market appears to be doing well weathering bad economic times.

"Even though there is doom and gloom in the economy, everything we’ve seen indicates everything is positive in Oklahoma City and Bricktown,” Perkins said. "We’re looking at a good year.”

http://newsok.com/bricktown-hampton-...ad_story_photo

I drove by there last night and the placed looked like it was hoppin'. Wasn't sure if it was open or they were just getting ready to open but I guess that article answered my question.

This is the best thing to come to Bricktown in years.

I like it because it is in the heart of Bricktown and it fits perfectly into a small spot along Sheridan. Not like the Residence Inn that looks like it should be out on Memorial.

Looking forward to the Hampton adding even more life to the east end of Bricktown.

I wonder how long until the closed clubs around there reopen. It seems like the only open thing along that area on the north side of the street is Crabtown and maybe a couple of other small places.

I wonder how long until we see some type of national chain restaurant take the place of one of the clubs along Sheridan near the Hampton. I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.

14. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    I wonder how long until we see some type of national chain restaurant take the place of one of the clubs along Sheridan near the Hampton. I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.
    Good point. Or it could be a retail strip. I know that's hard for you to imagine.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Or, how about Ruby Tuesdays? That's something we don't have now and I think they'd do good here. Love their burgers and salad bar.

I guess it is a good addition to bricktown, but I think they made a mistake by not having balconies on the side facing the ballpark.

I suspect it was decided it would be far more economical in the long run to work out game and room package pricing than to engineer in and maintain balconies. But yeah, were I king for a day, there'd be at least one suite with a big arse balcony.

Maybe one day in the near future they will get smart and decide to remodel a few suites on the top floor to have balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Maybe one day in the near future they will get smart and decide to remodel a few suites on the top floor to have balconies.
    It would have been cool if they put a small restaurant at the top of it, adding a large balcony looking out over the ballpark. Another idea, if you have ever been to the Marriott in Tulsa at Southern Hills, have a Concierge Lounge on the top floor or at least half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It would have been cool if they put a small restaurant at the top of it, adding a large balcony looking out over the ballpark. Another idea, if you have ever been to the Marriott in Tulsa at Southern Hills, have a Concierge Lounge on the top floor or at least half of it.
    Excellent ideas!

or you could walk to Coach's...

I could see a Chili's or Applebees go into one of the open spots on the east end of Sheridan.
    Ouch!

I think the concept for this hotel was little to no services, so as to get people on the street, but hopefully we get something more than the same old chain food out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerback View Post
    or you could walk to Coach's...
    I guess you could. Then you could pay $30 to sit on the balcony during a baseball game.... Then pay for food.

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    Or, how about Ruby Tuesdays? That's something we don't have now and I think they'd do good here. Love their burgers and salad bar.
    Actually, I heard and saw that Ruby Tuesdays is having financial problems and they have closed several locations nationwide. If I am not mistaken, it stated they have closed either 24 or 42 locations nationwide? but do not remember the actual count. They have closed some of them here in the DFW area.

While I hate being right (summer 08 was overly optimistic on their part), I'm glad it's now opening. having a lower price point option in BT should improve traffic, including family traffic, year round. That can't be a bad thing.

Thread Information