Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Hampton Inn

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    The Candlewood Suites pulled its application from the Bricktown Urban Design Committee... and the Holiday Inn Express has approval, so you might have that mixed around.
    I must say that is good news! I don't mind the Holiday Inn Express, not the best design for sure but it's sort of tucked away on Main and is at least urban in form. The Candlewood was just awful, from the site plan to the actual design. Now if we can just get that fire station moved elsewhere, thus keeping the suburban design (for the time being) out of Bricktown..

And I know some have criticized the Hampton, but from an urban design standpoint I still think it's pretty good. A retail/restaurant space where the pool is would've been better, but the pool is still pretty interesting to see from the sidewalk, and its fit into a tight urban site is very good. Would've liked to see balconies too, maybe they can add them in the future?

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I must say that is good news! I don't mind the Holiday Inn Express, not the best design for sure but it's sort of tucked away on Main and is at least urban in form. The Candlewood was just awful, from the site plan to the actual design. Now if we can just get that fire station moved elsewhere, thus keeping the suburban design (for the time being) out of Bricktown..

And I know some have criticized the Hampton, but from an urban design standpoint I still think it's pretty good. A retail/restaurant space where the pool is would've been better, but the pool is still pretty interesting to see from the sidewalk, and its fit into a tight urban site is very good. Would've liked to see balconies too, maybe they can add them in the future?
    As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife and I stayed there one night right after they opened. Our room overlooked the ballpark and it was a really nice spacious room. We were disappointed that they didn't have balconies outside for people to watch the game. I can't help but wonder if they were concerned about someone trying to catch a ball, leaning a bit too far out, and possibly falling off the balcony. Wonder if that had anything to do with them not adding balconies? If something like that happened, everyone would always be referring to this hotel as, "the hotel where someone died trying to catch a baseball off the balcony". That certainly wouldn't be good publicity for their hotel, not to mention, the cost of a lawsuit that no doubt would come from this.

Thread Information