Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

Far North Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

Saw this on NW Expressway. Haven't been there. They don't have a website that I know of.

Default Re: Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

NW Expressway near what intersection, please?

Oh sorry, in between MacArthur and Rockwell

There's one in Midwest City Town Center, as well.

They have a FB. Looks like this is a second location with the first being in MWC.

Personally, I don’t understand this fad and don’t think it’ll last the long haul. Unless the ice cream is actually better quality ice cream than other places around.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Unless the ice cream is actually better quality ice cream than other places around.
    Isn't that pretty much their calling card? Made fresh right in front of you and such?

Also in Norman and Tulsa.

Here is the MWC FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Freezing-Co...5686611906258/

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Isn't that pretty much their calling card? Made fresh right in front of you and such?
    But does that mean the ice cream tastes better? Serious question, I never been before. But I heard it’s priced kinda high, so they need to make sure it’s higher quality ice cream or that the “experience” doesn’t get old for customers.

Well now taste and value are different than quality. If we're expanding to include those factors then I don't see me paying six bucks for it...ever. But there are people who would, apparently enough for them to be expanding. I imagine a lot of the draw is the show.

Is Cold Stone really worth the price in quality, or are people showing up there for the experience as well?

Ate there today

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HrAOZFSzEilfV3W72

Vanillas + oreo cookies with a brownie, whipped cream, and caramel.

There isn't a build your own option as far as I can tell, but the combinations are unique for sure. Given the form factor I found it kind of hard to eat without mashing it all together anyway. Some of my ice cream ended up slipping off the spoon onto the table =(. Also given the form factor, I'm not sure how much ice cream you actually get compared to whether or not they'd just fill the cup up a la coldstone. I also forget the average price at coldstone.

It's good, not great. Having said that, it is the only ice cream store in the area. No, I don't count Braums and Andy's is soft serve.

I'll bite. Why don't you consider Braum's an ice cream store?

13. Default Re: Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I'll bite. Why don't you consider Braum's an ice cream store?
    Wondering the same thing. There is a lot to not like about Braums, but I've never considered their ice cream to be one of those things.

Well, not to divert the thread too much, but to answer the question: is it not obvious? Braum's isn't an ice cream store. I didn't take the statement to be a slight against the ice cream that the Braum's grocery/restaurant sells, just that it isn't considered an ice cream store. Braum's defines itself as three stores in one, and ice cream store isn't one of the three.

https://www.braums.com/about-us/three-stores-in-one/

Comparing the product at Braum's to the product at Cold Stone? Apples to apples (or ice cream to ice cream if you prefer). Comparing the stores? Apples to refrigerators.

EDIT: Ironically, I would say Braum's is closer to an ice cream store than an old fashioned soda fountain...I doubt there's anyone in the whole dang company that knows what an egg cream is or could mix a soda to save their lives, but it's what they think they are.

Well, not to divert the thread too much, but to answer the question: is it not obvious? Braum's isn't an ice cream store. I didn't take the statement to be a slight against the ice cream that the Braum's grocery/restaurant sells, just that it isn't considered an ice cream store. Braum's defines itself as three stores in one, and ice cream store isn't one of the three.

https://www.braums.com/about-us/three-stores-in-one/

Comparing the product at Braum's to the product at Cold Stone? Apples to apples (or ice cream to ice cream if you prefer). Comparing the stores? Apples to refrigerators.

EDIT: Ironically, I would say Braum's is closer to an ice cream store than an old fashioned soda fountain...I doubt there's anyone in the whole dang company that knows what an egg cream is or could mix a soda to save their lives, but it's what they think they are.
    I would respectfully disagree. Braum's may have evolved into the whole 3 stores in 1 (which is kind of a stupid tagline), but it has always been, in my mind, an ice cream store first and foremost. Even their grocery store section is about 75% ice cream.

They don't have near the mix ins that cold stone, marble slab, or even andy's have. If I count Braums, it wouldn't be too far fetched to include Freddys or Steak n Shake. Never mind that Steak n Shake has plain ice cream and uses syrups for all of their flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    They don't have near the mix ins that cold stone, marble slab, or even andy's have. If I count Braums, it wouldn't be too far fetched to include Freddys or Steak n Shake. Never mind that Steak n Shake has plain ice cream and uses syrups for all of their flavors.
    Freddy's is custard for one thing.

I find it kind of ironic that you consider places more of an ice cream shop because of non ice cream mixing while Braums actually has more choices when it comes to ice cream flavors and and sale a lot more of it when you consider the pints and gallons in the market side of their store.

I think your thinking about that classic 1950s ice cream parlor, but I don't really think these ice cream shops you mentioned have that many similarities. They don't even offer banana splits, floats, or sundaes a lot of times.

18. Default Re: Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

Well, not to divert the thread too much, but to answer the question: is it not obvious? Braum's isn't an ice cream store. I didn't take the statement to be a slight against the ice cream that the Braum's grocery/restaurant sells, just that it isn't considered an ice cream store. Braum's defines itself as three stores in one, and ice cream store isn't one of the three. ....
    Maybe so. But, when you Google them even their website tag within the search reads "Braum's: Ice Cream Shop & Burger Restaurant"

Their Facebook page is titled; "Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Stores"

I'd definitely say they market themselves as an an ice cream store.

And Walgreen's is clearly a pharmacy, but if you ask corporate they consider themselves more of a convenience store. I've learned two things. Don't trust Google for everything, especially the parts that can be edited by the general public, and don't argue with what a company calls itself. Google might say the name is Braum's Ice Cream and Burger Restaurant, but that's not what Braum's says. As you can see, it's not cut and dried.

Are we really debating whether or not Braum's is an ice cream store? I mean, their logo on their signs is an ice cream cone. It doesn't really matter how they try to brand themselves, as they try to appear to be more than they are; the thing they're best at, and the thing they've always been best at, is making and selling ice cream. Do folks seriously think of them as a grocery store? Fast food joint, maybe, but even then all their combos come with a milkshake as a standard piece of the meal.

21. Default Re: Freezing Cow rolled ice cream

And Walgreen's is clearly a pharmacy, but if you ask corporate they consider themselves more of a convenience store. I've learned two things. Don't trust Google for everything, especially the parts that can be edited by the general public, and don't argue with what a company calls itself. Google might say the name is Braum's Ice Cream and Burger Restaurant, but that's not what Braum's says. As you can see, it's not cut and dried.
    Do you even know how Google or website programming works? Google didn't name Braums anything. That is a part of their [Braums'] website programming and has nothing to do with Google - and, no, the public cannot edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Are we really debating whether or not Braum's is an ice cream store? I mean, their logo on their signs is an ice cream cone. It doesn't really matter how they try to brand themselves, as they try to appear to be more than they are; the thing they're best at, and the thing they've always been best at, is making and selling ice cream. Do folks seriously think of them as a grocery store? Fast food joint, maybe, but even then all their combos come with a milkshake as a standard piece of the meal.
    Seriously, they even have an ice cream pun in their about us section titled "the scoop on braums" The work for us section has a picture of an ice cream scoop along with a hat with the braums logo. If they consider themselves anything other than an ice cream shop ( and yes you can be more than one thing) then there is a serious disconnect between marketing and upper management.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Do you even know how Google or website programming works? Google didn't name Braums anything. That is a part of their [Braums'] website programming and has nothing to do with Google - and, no, the public cannot edit it.
    I'm guessing the confusion comes from I'm clearly referring to Google Maps, and you are referring only to search results. Because people most certainly CAN edit it, that's the entire point of the Google Guides program. And as this is not the correct thread for it, we won't get into how laughably easy it is to game Google search results.

*shrug*

I gave my take on this one place. You guys are arguing the merits on whether or not braums is an ice cream place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    *shrug*

I gave my take on this one place. You guys are arguing the merits on whether or not braums is an ice cream place.
    Haha, I was wanting more takes on the Freezing Cow place to see what it was all about. Their FB page is not very helpful. I guess I'll have to drag the wife there myself and give it a go...

Thread Information