Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louie’s Lakeside Shooting

Default Re: Louie’s Lakeside Shooting

A Quick glance at his YouTube titles should have been enough to raise some warnings. Holy smokes. Demons, Satan, "Someone Help Me, I'm Losing it":

Help was available: His mother, father, brother, uncle, aunt and two cousins live nearby, his grandfather died recently, and money was available.

Help wasn't available: Even for families of financial means who want to help a troubled person who will willingly accept inpatient counselling, there is inadequate space for them. For those who fight their involuntary committal to a treatment facility, courts will very rarely sign that committal.

There are many similarities to Christian Costello, the now-29-year-old who killed his father, Labor Commissioner Mark Costello a few years ago. And Stephen Wolf who killed his son Tommy Wolf in 2011. And many others. The solutions are to increase the number of psychiatric centers, and to allow the forced institutionalization of those who pose a threat to themselves or others.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Looks like KOCO got chopper footage of the shooter after he had been killed...

Attachment 14652
    I have a clearer photograph from another news outlet, but I won't post it. The several small, dark objects around the body are handguns.

For those who wonder why a sheet isn't used to cover a deceased person, it is because the person cannot be touched until the Medical Examiner's office concludes its investigation. The crime scene cannot be altered by introducing or removing anything. When necessary the yellow crime scene tape is moved far back to prevent people from seeing the body/bodies, and police cars or fire engines are used as shields depending upon what is needed. But a news helicopter is harder to block.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia.
    That's what I was thinking watching some of his videos.
    Like Brian said, it's just a sad deal all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Shooter posted this comment in the comment section of someone else's video on YouTube. This dude was screaming for help....

Sad all around.

Attachment 14651
    Sorry for off topic, but that font!!.. WHY are you doing that to yourself??!!

Deleted to include quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    I was replying to Steven because he mentioned the shooting happened inside and that the shooter was taken down after he exited the building. Also, I didn't know about the patio. We were facing out the windows toward the lake and didn't see any commotion back there. It sounded like it was all outside the front door.
    Sorry, I was going on what had been reported at the time on the news. Thanks for the info, jompster. I didn't know that it occurred outside. I saw today where it was actually two citizens that shot at the assailant. I wonder if they knew each other or if it was just a coincidence. Good to know people in OKC will have your back in desperate moments. I go to that Louies all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Help was available: His mother, father, brother, uncle, aunt and two cousins live nearby, his grandfather died recently, and money was available.

Help wasn't available: Even for families of financial means who want to help a troubled person who will willingly accept inpatient counselling, there is inadequate space for them. For those who fight their involuntary committal to a treatment facility, courts will very rarely sign that committal.

There are many similarities to Christian Costello, the now-29-year-old who killed his father, Labor Commissioner Mark Costello a few years ago. And Stephen Wolf who killed his son Tommy Wolf in 2011. And many others. The solutions are to increase the number of psychiatric centers, and to allow the forced institutionalization of those who pose a threat to themselves or others.
    While I'm so glad that nobody else had to lose their life yesterday, I still get such a sense of helplessness for our society in the area of mental health treatment availability. Mental health is such an important thing to have, yet we can't seem to realize how badly we need it in America.

So what happened to where you can't involuntarily commit people anymore?

Part of the problem with paranoid schizophrenia (if that’s the case here) is that attempts at help are often perceived as part of the conspiracy. It’s an awful disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    So what happened to where you can't involuntarily commit people anymore?
    The Community Mental Health Care Act of 1963 and subsequent rulings. That legislation effectively dismantled the mental instinstitution system in this country and built the psychotropic drug industry as the primary form of treatment. Never mind the fact that the need for institutions will always be with us for some severely disturbed persons. The problem is too many go off their meds because they believe they are fine.

My wife worked at the Austin State Hospital while she was in grad school, most people in there were never going to be "well enough" to be released back into society.

^^^
    The idea was for communities to invest in local centers and care too, but that didn’t happen. Now jails serve as the primary way to deal with mental health problems.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/showsasylums/

At any time the Oklahoma County Jail is holding 500 prisoners who are mentally ill. They have simply broken a law by no real fault of their own, this is our process and there is no other place for them. They receive no counseling, medication or special attention. By eliminating expensive mental institutions in the 1960s that WERE designed for the mentally ill, they are now housed in even more expensive prisons that were NEVER intended to help them.

Is Louie’s open?

Drove by and it looked like there wasn’t anyone outside, but I couldn’t tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Is Louie’s open?
    Yes.

Mayor Holt setting a good example yesterday: https://twitter.com/davidfholt/statu...67232470831105

Enjoying a late lunch at Louie’s on Lake Hefner! #1OKC

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Mayor Holt setting a good example yesterday: https://twitter.com/davidfholt/statu...67232470831105
    Sweet! That’s a very good message to send to the community.

18. Default Re: Louie’s Lakeside Shooting

I agree there must be a reexamination of laws forcing mentally ill into treatment. This type of senseless shooting as well as the homeless problem will never be solved by just providing housing

19. Default Re: Louie’s Lakeside Shooting

Some interesting court documents coming to light about the minutes and hours around the shooting. Read a search warrant today where police were granted a nighttime search of his residence to ensure there were no additional victims inside his apartment.

The document also shed light on his non-existent relationship with his parents. He thought his mother's body had been possessed by a demon.

He also bought his gun in 2017 at Wilshire Gun Range.

Thread Information