Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Bricktown to eat

Default Re: Going to Bricktown to eat

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Seriously, the “I’m too cool/local/whatever for Bricktown” schtick is really tiresome.
    It's not about that for us, it's just that, as mattjank said, there are lots of other new restaurants around. We currently have probably 99 restaurants on our to-try list, and we go to those that are around where we do things on a weekly basis, and that's just not Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    It's not about that for us, it's just that, as mattjank said, there are lots of other new restaurants around. We currently have probably 99 restaurants on our to-try list, and we go to those that are around where we do things on a weekly basis, and that's just not Bricktown.
    Agreed, Bricktown just doesn't fall into my normal radius of operations. Also, I am sure some of the anti-car people on here will jump me for this, but from an economic standpoint you are essentially guaranteed to add $10 to the cost of your meal if you park to eat in Bricktown vs driving to 23rd or the Paseo or the Plaza where you can park for free. I foresee the streetcar bringing me from downtown to Bricktown more for lunch but, as I don't live in a fancy downtown apartment, I don't think it is really going to have an effect on dinner options for me personally.
    To answer the thread headline, I go to Bricktown twice a month on a yearly average (usually Fuzzies, Tapwerks, or Bricktown Brewery) but am there more during Dodger baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Agreed, Bricktown just doesn't fall into my normal radius of operations. Also, I am sure some of the anti-car people on here will jump me for this, but from an economic standpoint you are essentially guaranteed to add $10 to the cost of your meal if you park to eat in Bricktown vs driving to 23rd or the Paseo or the Plaza where you can park for free. I foresee the streetcar bringing me from downtown to Bricktown more for lunch but, as I don't live in a fancy downtown apartment, I don't think it is really going to have an effect on dinner options for me personally.
    To answer the thread headline, I go to Bricktown twice a month on a yearly average (usually Fuzzies, Tapwerks, or Bricktown Brewery) but am there more during Dodger baseball season.
    deepening on when you go bricktown parking is 5 bucks max .. and if you don't mind walking just a little bit it is free

I usually need somewhere to work and eat when I'm in town. All About Cha is my go-to breakfast work spot. The food is good, the service is great, and the space is fantastic.

For our anniversary yesterday, my wife wanted chargrilled oysters and prosecco. (Places that had prosecco didn't chargrill or if they chargrilled...they only had champagne) Tough combo to find. However, Jazmos Bourbon Street had both so we wandered into Bricktown for dinner. Found street parking within a block. Sat at table canalside listening to live music from Tipsy Tiki, Canal was fairly busy and we both commented how the canal landscaping had matured and looked great. Did not realize the canal had fish in it and saw several good size ones competing with the ducks for bread. Lots of families on putt putt course. After dinner, walked the canal and ended up first at Tipsy Tikis where the drinks were inexpensive, Then over to Murphy's Piano bar for couple of hours of great dueling pianos (this is a hidden gem in OKC). Finally capped off night at STAG in Deep Deuce for cigar and great scotch.

Bricktown has come a long way. It was an enjoyable evening and will have to add it back in the date night rotation.

Thread Information