Widgets Magazine

Thread: Press and Plow

Norman Press and Plow

Saw the sign for this place in the new development off of Tecumseh and 24th Ave NW, in the same center as the new Land Run and Flaunt. Anybody know any details on this, I assume it is a liquor store? The sign says wine, spirits, coffee and provisions.

Far North Press and Plow

Does any 1 have information about the new Press & Plow on North Penn? Why is it taking so long to open, or is it even going to open?

Default Re: Press and Plow

The one in Norman on Lindsey is taking awhile as well

It's taken so long that my wife completely forgot about it, and she's a major foodie!!

5. Default Re: Press and Plow

The one in Norman has stopped for a while. Got the drywall up and didn't see anyone at it during the month of November at all after the signage was up.

The Press & Plow at NW 150th & May just today filed for a sign permit.

So, some forward movement.

7. Default Re: Press and Plow

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Press & Plow at NW 150th & May just today filed for a sign permit.

So, some forward movement.
    Do you mean 150th and Penn? If so, they've had signage up for months now but the inside has remained a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Do you mean 150th and Penn? If so, they've had signage up for months now but the inside has remained a mess.
    Yes, meant Penn. I realize there are signs up, I'm saying they just ordered an additional one, as these types of places usually have several (or 5 or 6).

There has to be a reason they are going to this effort.

9. Default Re: Press and Plow

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, meant Penn. I realize there are signs up, I'm saying they just ordered an additional one, as these types of places usually have several (or 5 or 6).

There has to be a reason they are going to this effort.
    Oh, gotcha. I was confused as to how they would've gotten signage up with no permit lol.

UPDATE: I have driven by (the North Penn location) several times since the new year. Each time there have been several contractor trucks & cars parked outside, with work going on inside. Still at a fairly slow pace, but evidently some day it will open. I just do not get how a small business can afford to carry a location for over a year & not go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by forex10 View Post
    UPDATE: I have driven by (the North Penn location) several times since the new year. Each time there have been several contractor trucks & cars parked outside, with work going on inside. Still at a fairly slow pace, but evidently some day it will open. I just do not get how a small business can afford to carry a location for over a year & not go broke.
    Sometimes, the landlord doesn't charge them until the open.

And the methodical pace usually means they are trying to self-finance and often do some of the work themselves.

Thread Information