Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bank of Oklahoma

Default Bank of Oklahoma

Wanted to relay a great experience with BOK.

I've been with Bank of America for almost 3 decades, as I got started with them when I worked for a subsidiary in downtown Los Angeles. They have always been fine but their lobbies are usually overrun with customers and they also have very few locations here, so I decided to make a change.

I set up a personal account at Chase (location very near my house) but have had a series of bad experiences there which is best left for another thread.

I decided to try BOK for a business account and their website allowed me to make an appointment for a specific time and day just a day in advance.

The whole experience has been fantastic. They were ready for me as soon as I walked in, seemed very happy to have my business but didn't spent a ton of time trying to sell me other services, and got everything square away in little time.

I also noticed that even for a Friday, the branch (Penn & NW Expressway) wasn't crazy crowded and was well-staffed.

Highly recommend them for your banking needs. I'll soon be shifting all my accounts to them.

Default Re: Bank of Oklahoma

Although currently my account is dormant, I have had active with them for almost two decades now, and for the most part, I'd agree, they're a very customer-focused bank. All of my in-branch interactions were welcoming, fast, and convenient. Do be warned that if you're concerned about new technology, BOK has historically been slow to adopt it; I actually ended up jumping ship and moving nearly all of my banking business over to a local credit union, mostly because BOK took a very long time to deploy things like a modern online banking website, full integration with 3rd party financial tracking apps, chip (EMV) cards, and contactless payments (Android Pay, Samsung Pay, etc). BOK has all of these things now, but they didn't when I switched a few years back. Their mobile banking app is pretty great, though, and it's one of the few things I really miss; my credit union has one but it's nowhere near as polished as BOK's app.

But yeah, despite no longer really being a customer of theirs, I can definitely say if you want or need a full-on bank for your accounts, BOK is among the best here in Oklahoma and I do still recommend them for those not comfortable with the idea of a credit union.

I had an event with them almost a decade ago now where I ended up having something like $80 in an account, a check for $90 floating. and 3-4 ~$5 debit charges floating. That day the check cleared first, resulting in an overdraft, and then the other charges cleared resulting in additional overdraft charges totaling $125. Yeah, I caused the overdraft to begin with (I've matured since then, I promise!), but it left a bitter taste in my mouth and I felt like they should have cleared the charges that I "had the money in the account for" and then only overdraft the check.

I switched to a credit union after that, and I've been nothing but happy with their service.

I enjoyed every aspect of BOK for twelve years. Once I screwed up royally and bounced two checks. Actually I had overdraft protection but I was hit (rightfully so) with a $6.00 charge for each check. The manager of the branch saw me come in and came over to the office I was in taking care of the problem. He said he saw the overdrafts in his morning report and wondered why since I had almost $20,000 in another account. In a nutshell, he wiped out the $12.00 fee. He had always been nice and spoke to me every time I came in. Then the bottom fell out. There was a $2,500 check written at Walmart and a $200.00 fake check with my magnetic ink account number and a fake name that cleared when the person cashed it. I had an account that required a $2,500 minimum to receive most benefits for free. While they were trying to recover my money from my account that they allowed to clear they said I should close my account and open a new one. By the way, the lady I was working with wanted to know who I had given my account number to. I said, it's on the bottom of every check I write, I didn't "give it" to anyone, only to everybody that received or handled my written check. The killer was, when they opened my new account they required a $5,000 minimum, double the previous amount. I said I felt like I was being punished for their mistakes and she continued to imply that it wasn't their fault. They claimed they couldn't give me the same account because that plan no longer existed. I went to another branch, same thing except this lady was even worse. I would have stayed with them even with the fraudulent check problem, but they treated me very badly and that was the kicker. In a way, I cut off my nose to spite my face. They were good and friendly until I had the forged check problem, so I left. I don't think the way my problem was handled is anywhere near the norm so I won't say don't bank there. Close to 95 percent of my dealings were good/excellent.
    C. T.

BOKF to buy Colorado bank further expanding their footprint in the Southwest

https://businessden.com/2018/06/19/c...-billion-deal/

6. Default Re: Bank of Oklahoma

Have had accounts with BOK for many years. Couple of houses mortgaged with them too. My experiences have always been fine, I just found no "perks" for being their customer. I opened an account with the new Federal Communications Credit Union on East 15th and I've found them to be beyond "fine." Great staff. Never that busy and my accounts actually come with perks that I truly enjoy. I will eventually close out my other accounts at other banks and move them all to FCCU.

This is good for OK and congrats to BOKF.

Love BOK

Thread Information