Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oso

Paseo Oso

Red-hot Paseo to get another ambitious restaurant and bar

The sleeping giant that was the Paseo Arts District – which for years sat relatively idle as other urban areas such as The Plaza and Midtown received considerable attention – is suddenly buzzing with activity.

Add OSO to the ever-growing list of new places either open, start construction or will be coming soon to the character-rich enclave.

OSO is another Paseo venture of Humankind Hospitality which operates the Picasso Cafe and The Other Room and recently started construction on the ambitious Frida / Daley complex.

Humankind head Shaun Fiaccone describes OSO as an elevated taqueria, with craft tacos, traditional Mexican side dishes and a creative cocktail menu.

As much as food and drink the setting in the Pueblo at Paseo complex will be a star, with a large u-shaped bar dominating the interior and opening to an elaborate patio featuring a partially-covered trellis and water feature.

Along with recently-opened Scratch and Buttermilk Southern Sliders, OSO will offer the third large patio in the complex, all with a unique appeal.

Fiaccone is planning on the great vibe of the patio to carry through to the interior and create a light, bright, airy and fun atmosphere for both lunch and dinner.

AHMM is responsible for the architecture and design work and Modus Construction will be handling construction for local developer Jeremy Foraker who owns the Pueblo complex.

The Humankind Hospitality group includes chef Ryan Parrott, Martina Storie, Kim Dansereau and Kindt Myers.

OSO hopes to be open by mid-August.

2. Default Re: Oso

It’s a sleeping giant!

Default Re: Oso

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s a sleeping giant!
    No more!

Looks awesome. I had thought that space was going to be used by a coffee shop/wine bar. Did those plans die out before Oso came in or am I thinking of a different location?

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post
    Looks awesome. I had thought that space was going to be used by a coffee shop/wine bar. Did those plans die out before Oso came in or am I thinking of a different location?
    Originally, another operator was going to open a craft cocktail bar. This is a big step-up from what was previously planned.

in that first rendering there are 4 bald men and only 2 men with a fuller head of hair. this seems discriminatory against non-balds

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    in that first rendering there are 4 bald men and only 2 men with a fuller head of hair. this seems discriminatory against non-balds
    Let them have this.

Please let us have this. We have a hard enough time as it is.

What became of the Frida restaurant concept? I was hoping for a more expansive Mexican offering because I’m fairly nonplussed by Barrios and I still believe there is room for a rock star Mexican eatery in this town. I love tacos too but craft tacos seems like it has been done with mixed results elsewhere.

Frida is under construction right now at the SW corner of Paseo and Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    What became of the Frida restaurant concept? I was hoping for a more expansive Mexican offering because I’m fairly nonplussed by Barrios and I still believe there is room for a rock star Mexican eatery in this town. I love tacos too but craft tacos seems like it has been done with mixed results elsewhere.
    It's Southwestern cuisine, not Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Let them have this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Please let us have this. We have a hard enough time as it is.
    the Men In Blazers are going to love this place

13. Default Re: Oso

This place looks amazing, but I won’t be frequenting an establishment where men regularly (or even irregularly) wear cowboy hats at the dinner table.

This place looks amazing, but I won’t be frequenting an establishment where men regularly (or even irregularly) wear cowboy hats at the dinner table.
    Do you think he's with that young couple? Or is he just meandering around, drink in hand, sitting down and inserting himself into other people's conversations?

Also IS THAT BLAKE GRIFFIN RIGHT BEHIND HIM?!?!?

15. Default Re: Oso

^^^^^^^^
    Excellent point; really doesn’t look like he’s a part of that or any other group. The lady seems to be politely humoring him but I think her dude is looking for a manager.

There are lots of white people in those renderings.

Have all the other spaces in the Pueblo project been leased? I assume most of the smaller locations above Oso will be art gallery related. I think I saw there was a CBD store up top.

Quote Originally Posted by benjico View Post
    Have all the other spaces in the Pueblo project been leased? I assume most of the smaller locations above Oso will be art gallery related. I think I saw there was a CBD store up top.
    They were all leased but not sure what happened to Herban Garden which was supposed to go on the far south end.

Others:

Scractch
    Buttermilk
    Braid Creative
    Camp Pixel
    Smash Bangles (jewelry)
    EB Gallery (photography)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They were all leased but not sure what happened to Herban Garden which was supposed to go on the far south end.

Others:

Scractch
    Buttermilk
    Braid Creative
    Camp Pixel
    Smash Bangles (jewelry)
    EB Gallery (photography)
    Herban Garden was open when I was at Scratch last week.

Miss Manners tells us it's OK to keep your hat on while lounging in an outdoor patio space. I'm more annoyed by the girl on her cell phone.

I've heard this place is supposed to be open by the end of the month, can anyone confirm?

22. Default Re: Oso

Took these photos on Friday night during the Art Walk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8QiDgNPwTS2Xro6cQlXq%A.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	14950 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13uitRd5TpylBqCtp4zgFA.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	14951

Oso stands for "Bear" in Spanish. I wonder if there was any intent in the naming? Yay for the follicle-y challenged to get a represent in a rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    Took these photos on Friday night during the Art Walk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8QiDgNPwTS2Xro6cQlXq%A.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	14950 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13uitRd5TpylBqCtp4zgFA.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	14951
    That is looking pretty sharp.

They are now open.

Thread Information