Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Northwest OKC April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Someone put up a sign at 63rd and NW Expressway saying In-N-Out was coming soon to the area near the new hotel.

Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Someone put up a sign at 63rd and NW Expressway saying In-N-Out was coming soon to the area near the new hotel.
    Highly, highly, highly doubt it.

There's a spot for something just to the west of the new hotel so maybe it's true.

Given the date and given the fact that their website knows nothing of it, I'm going to say get thee to Whataburger, cause you ain't getting a double double any time soon.

Whataburger is better, anyway.

Somebody did this same thing for Trader Joe's in Tulsa several years ago, long before the company ever decided to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Given the date and given the fact that their website knows nothing of it, I'm going to say get thee to Whataburger, cause you ain't getting a double double any time soon.
    I think this is the real deal. I also seen the banner out today. It appears they might build east of the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I think this is the real deal. I also seen the banner out today. It appears they might build east of the hotel.
    HAHAHAHA, Great Prank over a Mass Amount of people!!! Comes in 2nd, behind that time Clay Bennett told Seattle that he wanted to keep the basketball team there.

The first is the crappy, temporary sign that is up at that location.

2nd is an example of the real signs they put up, and they don't franchise. This was 100% a prank.

Almost as good of joke as "Whataburger is better".

Kudos to whomever is behind this prank. Not only did he/she get his/her 15 minutes, he/she managed to restart another "In n Out is the best" "No it isn't" thread.

I don't care how many signs go up, WHITE CASTLE rules.

the fake sign has the word "burger" going too far to the right and it is missing the registered trademark "®" symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Excuse me, ah say, excuse me. South of the Mason Dixon line we eat our tiny burgers from Krystal's. None of that Yankee food down here.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Excuse me, ah say, excuse me. South of the Mason Dixon line we eat our tiny burgers from Krystal's. None of that Yankee food down here.
    +1

My question is how much that banner cost the person who pulled the prank? I don't have that kind of dough just sitting around looking for an excuse to get spent.

I wonder if it was the broker with Price Edwards. That would be a creative and cheap way to get a lot of people talking about your listing. The local news picked it up, and the Price Edwards sign is conveniently in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I've never had a real White Castle burger but the little frozen ones are so good that I would probably be an instant convert if they opened up here.

19. Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I've never had a real White Castle burger but the little frozen ones are so good that I would probably be an instant convert if they opened up here.
    Sounds like a good reason for a road trip!

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    The real ones are just as disgusting as the frozen ones. You don’t realize how awful they are until you eat more than one of them and “I’m so hungry everything sounds good.” wears off.

Never had White Castle but Krystal's was my go to 'im drunk and need grease to absorb the liquor while in the French Quarter' food. Don't know how it is sober.

22. Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

My question is how much that banner cost the person who pulled the prank? I don't have that kind of dough just sitting around looking for an excuse to get spent.
    I've had banners like that printed up before. My guess is probably not much more than $50. A little surprised the print shop didn't question the unauthorized use of the logo, though. Unless whoever pulled the prank worked at a print shop and was able to do it themselves for fun.

Kind of wonder if In-N-Out corporate will take notice of how big this has blown up, and how interested OKC seems to be in getting an In-N-Out.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    HAHAHAHA, Great Prank over a Mass Amount of people!!! Comes in 2nd, behind that time Clay Bennett told Seattle that he wanted to keep the basketball team there.
    I seen a guy in a hard hat out there walking around with a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I seen a guy in a hard hat out there walking around with a shovel.
    You're really desperate to believe, aren't you?

25. Default Re: April Fool? In-N-Out Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    You're really desperate to believe, aren't you?
    It's just a matter of time in my opinion and I'm not a fan... They are in Denton and if they have a distribution center in the D/FW area that puts OKC in their range.... I think the first one lands south side though... Moore or Norman

Thread Information