Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Armory

1. Default Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    How loud does the production line equipment get during operation? I haven't been inside a beer plant, but I remember Braum's isn't the most quiet place to walk through during production. Now I know they would most likely only be running during the day time and it won't affect over night guests, but just wondering what the sound level will be in that atrium when the line is running.
    I've been through the A-B brewery in St Louis, the Coors brewery in Golden and a couple other smaller ones. I don't remember much sound at all except the clinking of glass bottles on the filling line.

Default Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I've been through the A-B brewery in St Louis, the Coors brewery in Golden and a couple other smaller ones. I don't remember much sound at all except the clinking of glass bottles on the filling line.
    I was just curious as I have been to a plant with cans/glass bottles, only potato chips, bread, chocolate, and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    AB is really quiet. Coors back 20 years ago was pretty loud going through it then (that would have been 2004, but i went back in 2019 with some friends and it wasn't bad at all. The worst i have been through when it came to production level noise was Boulevard in Kansas City, but i think that is just more the design of the facility doesn't dissipate noise near as much.

I mean yes, you can hear equipment running. but it's usually not too loud. and even then, it's really only loud when you are right on the production floor when something major is going on, and putting up pretty much any barrier seems to be enough to drowned out most of it.

I did the Coors tour in 2011 and it was pretty quiet. From what I remember it seems like the areas that would be noisy you were completely separated from them and just looked through the glass, while the quieter rooms you were on open catwalks.

Sorry if I missed it, what was the transaction price and building permit value?

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, what was the transaction price and building permit value?
    COOP paid $1.3 million.

Their main building permit had a value of $6 million but that doesn't include furniture, fixtures and equipment.

They had previously said their total budget was over $50 million.

This is going to be so awesome!

Coop needs to get someone who is really good at operating hotels from a convention perspective and being intentional about not.opening dates too far in the future: They should easily be able to get multiple "conventions" every year in that space where beer clubs, beer magazines, etc utilize that feature to do some really cool things. I can't imagine there are tons of breweries out there with hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Coop needs to get someone who is really good at operating hotels from a convention perspective and being intentional about not.opening dates too far in the future: They should easily be able to get multiple "conventions" every year in that space where beer clubs, beer magazines, etc utilize that feature to do some really cool things. I can't imagine there are tons of breweries out there with hotel rooms.
    it is a tiny hotel with limited event space ..

Blog Entries

Northeast OKC Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it is a tiny hotel with limited event space ..
    Cool, looks like around 20 rooms. Didn't really notice that it had a hotel in the blue prints.

Any updates? I drive by this everyday and look forward to getting a brew here. Last I heard there was a completion date of 2024 but with a 24 month estimated time of construction that doesn't seem likely. Hope it's still happening.

I was told that it is still moving forward but they are rethinking their plans.

I believe it will be very similar to what was proposed but reworked.

As far as I know, there is no real timeline until they figure out exactly what they want to do.

Coop was recently acquired, so the new owners are working through this. They still own the armory and have already spent a chunk, so I'm sure something will happen here in time.

^ Any word on who acquired them? Searched for "COOP Ale Works Acquisition" on Google and got nothing.

I just hope that doesn’t result in the loss of the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I just hope that doesn’t result in the loss of the hotel.
    i think a hotel at the armory is very very unlikely now

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    ^ Any word on who acquired them? Searched for "COOP Ale Works Acquisition" on Google and got nothing.
    Mark Fischer purchased all or a significant part of it in addition to Provision Concepts in an effort to deploy capital from the sale of Dippin Dots last year. Brewery is still likely going there but the hotel, while still possible, is influx. Might also end up being a distillery involved. They’re working through what I’ve been told are some fairly significant environmental remediation issues resulting from its history as an armory but they’re pretty confident they can be dealt with.

Dang, so this guy just bought a brewery...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-di...190704729.html

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Dang, so this guy just bought a brewery...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-di...190704729.html
    that guy didn't buy anything ... ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that guy didn't buy anything ... ..
    Is PhiAlpha talking about a different Mark Fischer? Or is his info incorrect?

Mark Fischer was not arrested ..

Mark and Scott are 2 unique individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Mark and Scott are 2 unique individuals.
    But from a business standpoint, they are not.

Mark is the father who bought Dippin Dots and Scott is the son that was the CEO. It's safe to assume Scott is also involved in Coop Aleworks since Mark recently bought it.

I did google search Mark Fischer dip n dots and that was the first thing that popped up... I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    But from a business standpoint, they are not.

Mark is the father who bought Dippin Dots and Scott is the son that was the CEO. It's safe to assume Scott is also involved in Coop Aleworks since Mark recently bought it.
    Scott really hasn’t been all that involved with Coop or Provision Concepts thus far. It’s primarily been Mark working with the people who currently run those businesses (Jeff Dixon, etc), who’s management groups haven’t changed. I’m not really sure what Scott’s been working on since closing the Dippin dots sale.

LOL. My info definitely is not incorrect.

Edit: sorry, didn’t see your second message.

Thread Information