Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Armory

Default Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by mattbrafford View Post
    Any updates on this Pete?
    They have yet to follow-up on their building permit applications.

They submitted them some time ago but have not responded to subsequent requests for more information.

Hopefully this project isn't dead. No movement it seems and I really hope it moves forward as planned at some point.

The building permit's have been in Coop's court for a year.

I'm sure they are not anxious to move forward.

Pete, since we were on the subject of large projects in the other thread, do you still think this project is on the books?

I asked Coop about this a couple of weeks ago and they said they are still waiting on the state to remediate some contamination issues.

I could be wrong but I believe this project will be just as transformational to OKC as the FNC, OAK, or the recently announced Innovation District project.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe this project will be just as transformational to OKC as the FNC, OAK, or the recently announced Innovation District project.
    Nice project, but not transformational for OKC. Certainly not as important as FNC.

Not as transformational with regards to the people who live here, but could put OKC on the map for a subsection of tourism in the same way that Boulevard has for Kansas City.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Not as transformational with regards to the people who live here, but could put OKC on the map for a subsection of tourism in the same way that Boulevard has for Kansas City.
    From a Kansas City economic standpoint, Boulevard isn’t “transformational”. And even from a social or design standpoint it isn’t “transformational”. It has been a successful craft brewery since the late 80s. So, maybe I’m missing what transformations it’s created/induced. What did it transform and what do you all expect the Armory to do to be transformational. Just think the word is a bit of hyperbole.

I do not think the project will be "transformational." However, if it is a successful repurposing of an old structure that brings additional economic vitality, then we should certainly welcome it with open arms.

On the margins, I do think having a restored property of this type east of I-235 has the potential to get people more interested in that area and perhaps draw more investment in that direction. This will perhaps allow for a bit more "transformation" then if it was located a mile west.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I do not think the project will be "transformational." However, if it is a successful repurposing of an old structure that brings additional economic vitality, then we should certainly welcome it with open arms.
    On the margins, I do think having a restored property of this type east of I-235 has the potential to get people more interested in that area and perhaps draw more investment in that direction. This will perhaps allow for a bit more "transformation" then if it was located a mile west.
    I mostly agree, but would totally agree if it was about a mile further east.

12. Default Re: Armory

one mile west of 235 on 23rd and you're in the heart of transformation city. If you haven't driven that in the last 10 years, you should. It's a totally different world from my college days at OCU. I'm jelly of all that stuff not being there when I was romping around those parts!

I really hope this comes to fruition, seems like it would be a very good spot in our ever growing beer culture. Some say it may even be transformational, of course it may not be...who can say

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    one mile west of 235 on 23rd and you're in the heart of transformation city. If you haven't driven that in the last 10 years, you should. It's a totally different world from my college days at OCU. I'm jelly of all that stuff not being there when I was romping around those parts!
    Bomber, I'm totally with you. That area is amazing and I've seen it recently! But, not to split hairs on something this unimportant, but that's why I said putting it there would not be as transformational, because that area is already rapidly undergoing all of that. If the Armory opens to success and we get that level of economic vitality along 23rd between 235 and the capitol, that would have the potential to be more transformational.

Again, it's all semantics.

Sort of a weird deal, COOP is teaming up with Sonic to release a series of hard seltzers in a couple of months. Hopefully this increases the odds of the Armory renovation getting done sooner rather than later. It's nice to see Sonic teaming up with an OKC brewery for this even after getting sold to Inspire. https://okcfox.com/news/local/could-...he-market-soon

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Sort of a weird deal, COOP is teaming up with Sonic to release a series of hard seltzers in a couple of months. Hopefully this increases the odds of the Armory renovation getting done sooner rather than later. It's nice to see Sonic teaming up with an OKC brewery for this even after getting sold to Inspire. https://okcfox.com/news/local/could-...he-market-soon
    I find this type of branding very risky. All it takes is the branded alcohol involved in an accident or homicide of an innocent victim to ruin the reputation of the company.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I find this type of branding very risky. All it takes is the branded alcohol involved in an accident or homicide of an innocent victim to ruin the reputation of the company.
    Okay?

18. Default Re: Armory

So that explains why so many brewers/distillers go out of business every year. Thanks for clearing that up.

I regards to my previous post, I was speaking on the risk of Sonic and Inspire Brands and its reputation, not COOP. Sorry to confuse the readers and thank you for the sarcasm.

What? When has the type of beer someone was drinking while committing a homicide ever damaged the brand? That is really reaching. I think COOP risks more to their brand by being associated with a company that has rapidly declining quality standards.

21. Default Re: Armory

Remember when all those Dunkin Donuts shuttered when they released that beer with Harpoon brewery!?

The hard seltzers are not even being sold at Sonic Drive-ins so I don't see how anyone in their right mind can blame Sonic for anything nefarious occurring. You can put alcohol in anything.

23. Default Re: Armory

I don't think ordering a crown and coke has hurt either brand

I regards to my previous post, I was speaking on the risk of Sonic and Inspire Brands and its reputation, not COOP. Sorry to confuse the readers and thank you for the sarcasm.
    Are you a teetotaler? If so I could see where that would be an influence on your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I don't think ordering a crown and coke has hurt either brand
    very much this... i think Coke has been perfectly fine

Thread Information