Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CACI International

Default Re: CACI International

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    You are right, but corporate welfare just isn't that black and white from a political standpoint. Why risk losing out on something, when you can spend someone else's money and secure it?

It's just not the real world to expect people to behave different. Won't change without a national ban on tax incentives.
    It's taxpayer money. Money spent on these types of things comes directly out the same budget that funds education, mental health, etc.

The people running these programs always use rhetoric that everyone seems to buy without questioning because nobody is presenting any other viewpoint and the local media just regurgitates their presentations without doing any research or fact-checking.

The price I pay for being the skeptic is being labeled 'negative', 'against TIF', etc. It's absurd because clearly there is no one more passionate about downtown development than me.

2. Default Re: CACI International

Someone asked about the location at OKCWorks. There are several different buildings on the campus that hold varying types of offices. The front "office" building does currently hold Intermedix and Weatherford. Zirby Interests (owns the campus and did a lot of the Westgate development, outletmall, Francix Tuttle, etc) is building out their permanent office on the 4th floor smaller space (10k ft). Intermedix is actually working on expanding their space in this building as well and would have about 3/4 of it. Weatherford continues to occupy 1/2 of the 2nd floor. Weatherford has discussed moving out to the warehouse space for a smaller footprint but has cancelled that at least twice now.

So I've actually got a question out to the bldg management on where CACI would be going. There is a large area where ATC used to have space on the east end. It's also mostly warehouse, but there's potential to develop multi-floor space there if it's done properly (cut windows, internal structure, etc).

The campus is also working on opening their own on-site gym, cafeteria, coffee shop, etc.

My office moved in to OKCWorks when it was mostly empty. Now just 6 years later, it's almost full. so of that 2 million square feet, there's not much left. The last campus directory i had was from 2016, and there are more companies that have moved in here since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's taxpayer money. Money spent on these types of things comes directly out the same budget that funds education, mental health, etc.

The people running these programs always use rhetoric that everyone seems to buy without questioning because nobody is presenting any other viewpoint and the local media just regurgitates their presentations without doing any research or fact-checking.

The price I pay for being the skeptic is being labeled 'negative', 'against TIF', etc. It's absurd because clearly there is no one more passionate about downtown development than me.
    You're right to question it. But I also think your questioning is an exercise in futility. It isn't going to change without a national ban, which won't happen. I get that it's taxpayer money, but it's also moral hazard for a politician. It's not their personal money so why worry about it? And business' are just behaving like a business.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    You're right to question it. But I also think your questioning is an exercise in futility. It isn't going to change without a national ban, which won't happen. I get that it's taxpayer money, but it's also moral hazard for a politician. It's not their personal money so why worry about it? And business' are just behaving like a business.
    I understand what you are saying but I all I do is inform and educate and have that help guide future decisions.

As it is now, almost no one understands any of this; the totality of all these programs, the impact, the that absolutely none of the billions and spending can be objectively justified. Even the people involved don't fully understand the impacts, neither positive or negative.

I will also say that efforts in this regard have been ramping up in Oklahoma of late and I believe there is a new-found scrutiny due to our on-going budget crisis and the need to find long term solutions. For this reason, I believe any hard facts on these programs will find an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Someone asked about the location at OKCWorks. There are several different buildings on the campus that hold varying types of offices. The front "office" building does currently hold Intermedix and Weatherford. Zirby Interests (owns the campus and did a lot of the Westgate development, outletmall, Francix Tuttle, etc) is building out their permanent office on the 4th floor smaller space (10k ft). Intermedix is actually working on expanding their space in this building as well and would have about 3/4 of it. Weatherford continues to occupy 1/2 of the 2nd floor. Weatherford has discussed moving out to the warehouse space for a smaller footprint but has cancelled that at least twice now.

So I've actually got a question out to the bldg management on where CACI would be going. There is a large area where ATC used to have space on the east end. It's also mostly warehouse, but there's potential to develop multi-floor space there if it's done properly (cut windows, internal structure, etc).

The campus is also working on opening their own on-site gym, cafeteria, coffee shop, etc.

My office moved in to OKCWorks when it was mostly empty. Now just 6 years later, it's almost full. so of that 2 million square feet, there's not much left. The last campus directory i had was from 2016, and there are more companies that have moved in here since then.
    What do they have in the old factory section? The area west of ATC was vacant as of 2 years ago.

Building permits have been filed at OKCWorks for CACI.

One is for Suite 130 for 19,181 SF; the other is for Suite 340 for 29,641 SF.

So, looks like they'll be taking just under 50K square feet.

So, looks like they'll be taking just under 50K square feet.
    And this was for 550 jobs? Gonna be like sardines in there.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Cubicles.

Some photos of the OKC Works complex from their website:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Maybe it is for immediate usage and more will be added as the workforce grows to 550. Are they opening here with a full 550 employees?

So, looks like they'll be taking just under 30K square feet.
    Looks like just under 50 K sq ft ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post

Looks like just under 50 K sq ft ?
    Yes, sorry, typo which I have now corrected.

Will there be shift work? If so, there won't be all 550 there at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Maybe it is for immediate usage and more will be added as the workforce grows to 550. Are they opening here with a full 550 employees?
    Kind of what I am thinking. Maybe this is for the first 150-250 people, and there will be more space added later. Assuming there are no hallways, walkways, break rooms, rest rooms, or executive/manager offices, janitor closests, or lobby space, that square footage would allow each person a 9x9 cubicle.

Add in all of the previously mentioned common spaces and that would quickly shrink even further.

Keep in mind that Intermedix is in the process of being acquired. Not sure how this works into the overall Oklahoma City footprint but they aren't being acquired for their people.
    https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...rporation.html

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post

Sounds like all 550 will fit within 60,000 SF, which must mean there is one more 10,000 SF being readied:

Earlier this year, CACI Inc. announced it would bring 550 employees to Oklahoma City to work in a shared service center it is creating to support its worldwide workforce that supports various national security missions involving the nation's intelligence and defense programs.

CACI will occupy about 60,000 square feet inside OKCWorks, and contractors already are working inside the complex to prepare three large spaces for its latest business arrival.
    Part of an article behind the paywall of the Oklahoman.

Sounds like a massive cubicle farm.

17. Default Re: CACI International

Keep in mind that these are cyber security jobs. Most of which are done at a computer terminal. They are all well paying jobs too. As for the economic development incentives, Oklahoma has to do it to be competitive. The rest of the country is doing it so we pretty much have to as well. There are currently over 60 companies looking at Oklahoma City alone. One of these if it happens will be the coolest thing that us or any other state could possibly get. (fingers crossed here) We added over 1000 new jobs added this year and it looks like we will continue to add. Again, these are very good jobs. Adding these jobs may have an upfront cost but they return the revenue to the state in the long run.

As for CACI, they are extremely community oriented and will step up as a good corporate citizen. This is a very good catch for Oklahoma City. QJP and SIP funds well spent.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Keep in mind that these are cyber security jobs. Most of which are done at a computer terminal. They are all well paying jobs too. As for the economic development incentives, Oklahoma has to do it to be competitive. The rest of the country is doing it so we pretty much have to as well. There are currently over 60 companies looking at Oklahoma City alone. One of these if it happens will be the coolest thing that us or any other state could possibly get. (fingers crossed here) We added over 1000 new jobs added this year and it looks like we will continue to add. Again, these are very good jobs. Adding these jobs may have an upfront cost but they return the revenue to the state in the long run.

As for CACI, they are extremely community oriented and will step up as a good corporate citizen. This is a very good catch for Oklahoma City. QJP and SIP funds well spent.
    Great information, Gary.

Is the bolded portion related to the possible HQ that Steve has been writing about or something else?

19. Default Re: CACI International

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Great information, Gary.

Is the bolded portion related to the possible HQ that Steve has been writing about or something else?
    It is something else.

Thread Information