Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Catch

Large Chain The Catch

The Catch is taking the space formerly occupied by Smashburger in Belle Isle Station.

From their website (http://www.thecatchusa.com):

So, what is The Catch? We are a fast-casual seafood restaurant with numerous convenient locations throughout Texas. We have been one of the highest rated restaurants on Facebook. We love satisfying the fresh seafood craving of our customers and they’re happy to comment and like us on Facebook more every day.

WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
    Making great seafood favorites, fresh ingredients and delivered to order Are just some of the reasons our customers keep coming back to The Catch week after week. We have all your fresh seafood favorites and a few special features as well!

Grilled and fried catfish, shrimp chicken and fish
    White fish, catfish, oysters, crawfish, chicken tenders and popcorn and jumbo shrimp – blackened, cajun
    Plenty of sides including gumbo, cole slaw, rice & beans, grits, fries, hush puppies, sausage, garlic bread and salad
    Sandwiches including po boys and your favorite tacos
    And our famous key lime pie, banana pudding and a variety of cool refreshing drinks

Default Re: The Catch

They are open and I ate there last night.

Had the catfish and shrimp combo. One really nice piece of fried catfish, about 5 good-sized fried shrimp, 2 hushpuppies and a big bed of fries. $10.99 but you can get a larger size for a few dollars more.

The catfish was really, really good. Very tender and lightly breaded. Breading was somewhat bland but they provide all types of hot sauces. Shrimp were good as were the hushpuppies.

The fries were WAY oversalted. Had to have been a mistake because almost inedible. They get a pass for being newly opened but otherwise I would have sent them back.

It's a counter order place but the very friendly staff comes by to check on you and then bus the tables. Since everything is disposable but the plastic basket, I wish they gave you the option of just throwing everything away because 1) I hate to make someone else cleanup my mess and 2) they were having a hard time keeping the tables clean.

I'd like to try the Poboys but that catfish alone is probably worth a return trip.

3. Default Re: The Catch

nice, can't wait to try this on my next trip to the city!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

We ate here this evening and it was super good. The shrimp tacos were the table favorite. They messed up on my order and as a result, refunded me for the food that I actually got that I didn't order and then comped me the meal I wanted. The manager in there was really cool and appreciated that we were there. I'd say about half the tables were all taken when we were there around 6PM. We will certainly be making a return visit.

I ate here a few months back and was very impressed. I believe I ordered the blackened chicken tacos and they were delicious.

My wife and I have been here a few times and overall think it's pretty good. The fried catfish is excellent and worth a trip alone. I've had the oyster po'boy a couple times and that's pretty good also. We've shared a few side items and a couple other things also and all in all everything has been pretty good.

Blog Entries

I was in the location by Penn Square today and they said they are putting a new location in where Smashburger was at Penn/Memorial. The catfish and shrimp here is pretty darn good.

^

I really do like their catfish.

They seem to be pretty busy the times I have been in.

Blog Entries

It was busy today at lunch but they still got orders out pretty quick. Agree that catfish is top of the list. I saw the table next to us had gumbo that looked good, so may have to try it out.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but The Catch is opening in the old Smashburger spot on the NW corner of Memorial and Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but The Catch is opening in the old Smashburger spot on the NW corner of Memorial and Penn.
    Is opening in defunct smashburger spots a part of their business model? lol

Blog Entries

^actually I think the answer is yes. One of the guys at the Penn Sq location said they are "related companies" or something to that effect, and he acted like this is happening a lot of places.

IIRC, they didn't gut the first location at Belle Isle.

They changed out the decor but think they used at least some of what was there. That's a big time and money savings.

I found and went to that Smashburger like twice before it closed, and now I find out there was another on the north side that is being replaced in the same way?

Well, at least The Catch has some pretty good food.

Thread Information