Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seoul Pocha (formerly Oki Poke)

Uptown/23rd Seoul Pocha (formerly Oki Poke)

Food Network star to bring poke concept to key mid-century Uptown building

The long-vacant mid-century gem at 1520 NW 23rd will soon get a complete renovation and be home to Oki Poke restaurant.

Los Angeles-based Chef Penny Davidi is the executive chef for the project which will also feature hearty noodle dishes in addition to poke, a healthy Hawaiian dish comprised of sliced raw fish and various mix-ins.

Davidi has been featured on the Food Network through appearances on Chopped All-Stars, Food Network Star, Cut Throat Kitchen, Kitchen Inferno, PUMP and several other national television shows.

Also a consultant for Sysco, Davidi told OKCTalk that her position allows her to see food trends as they happen nationwide, and that poke has been at the top of the list the last several years.

Davidi said she and her team chose Oklahoma City after traveling here and seeing the potential, and hopes to be able to take the Oki Poke concept to other markets.

Due to Oklahoma's changing weather, the group decided to also offer a hot noodle bar with the choice of 3 broths, 3 types of noodles plus fresh vegetables, proteins and other toppings.

For beverages, Oki Poke will offer several of Davidi's private label wines as well as local craft beers.

The 3,600 square foot Uptown building was built in 1964 for Foster's Flowers and Gifts on the southeast corner of NW 23rd and McKinley.

Foster's closed shop in 2003 and sold to a local doctor but the building has been empty for a considerable time and has fallen into complete disrepair.

The renovated structure will feature a drive-thru and a large covered patio facing 23rd Street. Oki Poke hopes to be open this summer.

2. Default Re: Oki Poke

Great news! I’ve been worried about that building for years. Mid-century modern gem for sure.

Default Re: Oki Poke

That looks super cool. I’ll have to try

Great news! This stretch has a bit of momentum with Syrup, Pollo Campero and now this. Come on Gold Dome and Rainbow Records!

Poke is amazing! So excited for this to open.

Great news! This stretch has a bit of momentum with Syrup, Pollo Campero and now this. Come on Gold Dome and Rainbow Records!

Don’t forget Chea and the newly renovated Flamingo apts.
    this stretch is coming along nicely.

Yaaaay! I’ve been driving by this building for years hoping something would happen, especially after the wild windstorm ripped all the plywood covering off and exposed the (at one time) all glass storefront. I’m lol’ing at the “hope to be open this summer.” Why does everyone think they can do a resto job in 90 days? Typical landlord allowance for white box tenant improvement I suppose.

8. Default Re: Oki Poke

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Poke is amazing! So excited for this to open.
    Can't wait to add this to my ever expansive list of must eats list when in OKC. Yes, Poke is awesome!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I wish they would use the same font and sign-style as the old "Foster's" sign for the new Oki Poke...

In Dave Cathey's article, it says that there will be two new poke restaurants, Oki Poke and Okie Pokie, coming to 23rd. Oki Poke in this building and Okie Pokie going into the downstairs of the old Guernsey Park location with Noodee going upstairs. I imagine one of the spots will have a name change soon.

http://newsok.com/uptown-stating-its...rticle/5584069

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    In Dave Cathey's article, it says that there will be two new poke restaurants, Oki Poke and Okie Pokie, coming to 23rd. Oki Poke in this building and Okie Pokie going into the downstairs of the old Guernsey Park location with Noodee going upstairs. I imagine one of the spots will have a name change soon.

http://newsok.com/uptown-stating-its...rticle/5584069
    Hey they actually credited OKCTalk as a source on this!

All this Okie Pokie/Oki Poke stuff has me turned all around.

But I guess that's what it's all about.

^^^
    That's a top notch dad joke right there. Lol

Any updates on this?

Work has started on this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181205_122814.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	15053

Yes!

I saw this yesterday and it made me very happy.

I had spoken to the proprietors and was told everything was still in the works, but with such long delays you always wonder.

Are they still planning on using the same name?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Are they still planning on using the same name?
    Yes, as far as I know.

They have plans to have multiple locations.

That's great news, I just assumed this project was off after Noodee and Okie Pokie opened literally 0.7 miles down the street lol.
    This building is a blight, glad someone is going to fix it.

This is the rendering of the final, approved plan.

They removed the drive-thru but everything else is pretty much the same as the original rendering.

21. Default Re: Oki Poke

glad they removed the drive-thru. Need more Urban walk-ups and streetfronts.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Work on this project has stalled for at least the last couple of months.

Glad to report that work is now slowly moving forward here.

Hard to see, but storefront is starting to go in.

Moving forward, but at a glacial pace.

Thread Information