Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-35 and Kilpatrick Turnpike

Northeast OKC I-35 and Kilpatrick Turnpike

Work has started to clear land at the SW corner of I-35 and the Kilpatrick Turnpike, on the north side of NE 122nd.

Looks like it will be a mixture of small office, multi-family and single family homes. Developer are the guys behind 4 Corners Homes, which is one of the larger home builders in the area.

Default Re: I-35 and Kilpatrick Turnpike

Wow, I wouldn't want a home in Tract 1 on the south end. Right next to that huge truck stop. Diesel engines revving 24/7.

Is this project still happening? Doesn't look like much going on here.

Looks like they put some roads in and not much else (this is from Dec. 2020):

Oh, nice. It even looks like they started tract one. Weird when I have been going to county assessors website I have getting outdated imagery. I'll try again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't want a home in Tract 1 on the south end. Right next to that huge truck stop. Diesel engines revving 24/7.
    Agree rte66man, just imagine the lot lizards (prostitutes) that area will attract. Tax free money, STDs will have an economic boom that those boobs will trap.

Whole new world out there that many wouldn't recognize.

Dupe

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Agree rte66man, just imagine the lot lizards (prostitutes) that area will attract. Tax free money, STDs will have an economic boom that those boobs will trap.

Whole new world out there that many wouldn't recognize.
    Laramie!

You coquette! LOL

Laramie, now you’re just selling. Are you in cahoots with the developer?

10. Default Re: I-35 and Kilpatrick Turnpike

There are a lot of very nice homes VERY near here, so the truck stops can't be too much of an issue....drug deals/trafficking/and all. Although nothing butts right up against them like this would. I believe this is in the OKCPS district though???? If you look at district maps its a little unclear. Some show Edmond starts just north of this neighborhood about 1/2 mile north of 122nd. Some show that it (along with a large part of west Edmond) is "unavailable". If it's OKCPS, it's a lot more difficult to sell the lots to families. I mean i would have zero desire to have my kids in OKCPS.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    There are a lot of very nice homes VERY near here, so the truck stops can't be too much of an issue....drug deals/trafficking/and all. Although nothing butts right up against them like this would. I believe this is in the OKCPS district though???? If you look at district maps its a little unclear. Some show Edmond starts just north of this neighborhood about 1/2 mile north of 122nd. Some show that it (along with a large part of west Edmond) is "unavailable". If it's OKCPS, it's a lot more difficult to sell the lots to families. I mean i would have zero desire to have my kids in OKCPS.
    Plenty of large homes on the east side of i35 that are okcps. I bet a lot of the people who afford the houses out there just private school their kids or maybe their kids are grown already so it’s not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Plenty of large homes on the east side of i35 that are okcps. I bet a lot of the people who afford the houses out there just private school their kids or maybe their kids are grown already so it’s not an issue
    That area is not OKCPS. All those big homes east of I-35 and south of Arcadia Lake are Oakdale Schools, a dependent school system that is Pre-K to 8th grade. After 8th grade, the majority of those kids choose to go to Edmond Memorial, but in fact can go to any public high school in Oklahoma County, I believe. And yes, some of the kids go to private high schools.

Oakdale School District

14. Default Re: I-35 and Kilpatrick Turnpike

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Yeah i know that some of them are at McGuiness or Heritage Hall/etc. My concern is those that aren't in that upper income bracket that can afford that and can coordinate the transportation. If you're in multi-family like the apartments in those pictures, you're not paying for McGuiness. It's a very weird mix of income levels that tends to cause a downward pressure on the upper end.

I dont think that the map above is right for Oakdale though. I know of a co-worker that lives in this area you have marked, and they are OKCPS....and thus went to McGuiness. As I said, the maps tend to disagree with each other on what district line is where.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yeah i know that some of them are at McGuiness or Heritage Hall/etc. My concern is those that aren't in that upper income bracket that can afford that and can coordinate the transportation. If you're in multi-family like the apartments in those pictures, you're not paying for McGuiness. It's a very weird mix of income levels that tends to cause a downward pressure on the upper end.

I dont think that the map above is right for Oakdale though. I know of a co-worker that lives in this area you have marked, and they are OKCPS....and thus went to McGuiness. As I said, the maps tend to disagree with each other on what district line is where.
    the map above is correct it is from the Oakdale website

https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfil...boundaries.pdf

Thread Information