Widgets Magazine

Thread: Slow upload speed on Cox lately?

Default Slow upload speed on Cox lately?

Not sure if this is just my neighborhood in far NW OKC or not. Getting 170-200MBPS download depending on the speedtest website but 0.6 to 0.9 MBPS upload. I'm just curious if others are having the issue or if its just my neighborhood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedtest2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	14439

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speedtest1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	14440

Default Re: Slow upload speed on Cox lately?

I'm northwest. 37 and 7 running the test through my wifi rather than plugged in directly. I'm not paying for the download speeds you are. I'm not noticed a problem with upload speeds. I was having a lot of problems with intermittent download speeds a week ago. It's gotten better.

I have had problems for over 3 months. Near lake overholster/power plant. I would have techs out weekly. I think they finally solved the problem at the tap but it seems they have turned down the download speed to make upload better. 151 down 30 up i'm on ultimate

4. Default Re: Slow upload speed on Cox lately?

Reset modem first. Then login to modem and check if you have any issues coming from your line.

Blog Entries

Discontinued services with Cox on both its cable cord (TV) and its umbilical cord (Internet) have managed to save $200 a month with Dish & Hughesnet.com. Dish has managed to minimized the storm interruptions; haven't had any satellite internet interruptions with Hughes.

Cox has approached me with new offers--something they weren't willing to do when they had that vice grip on your testicles; now it's too late, managed to cut my strings with Cox Communications & cable related providers. Have services at my two residences in northwest & southeast Oklahoma City and my mother's farm in Jones Prairie, TX.

^^^ I could never use Hughesnet because of their Fair Access Policy, which is ridiculously minuscule by 2018 standards. If you do any kind of streaming, you'll hit it fast and will be reduced to dial-up speeds. You would be better off just using AT&T DSL if it's available if you don't want to use Cox. Hughesnet is meant to be a last resort for rural areas that have no other option.

Thread Information