Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firebirds

Default Re: Firebirds

The shell has been complete for a while but not much going on inside.

They are probably waiting for Birra Birra next door to get to a greater state of completion, because the whole are is quite a mess right now.

Ouch...100+ people...that restaurant is going to be understaffed for over a year.

If anyone ever needs a job they will be perpetually hiring! That is quite a large staff though, much bigger operation than I thought it would be.

Opens Sept. 12th.

My wife and I went here last night. The food was very good, as was the service. We did have one issue with one of my wife's sides (they forgot to give her the correct side dish and then it took forever for the correct side dish to be prepared). In return, they gave us a complimentary dessert which was more than a $8 value (of course the side dish was LESS than $8). Even though this place has only been open about a month, I can see it only getting better. Firebirds is a national chain, and they do have their act together. My wife and I will definitely return.

Press release:

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill offers an array of seasonal cocktails and craft beer

OKLAHOMA CITY – Known for its scratch kitchen, warm hospitality and classic American cuisine infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs and spices, the newly opened Firebirds Wood Fired Grill unveils an exclusive craft cocktail menu, featuring seasonal cocktails and craft beer at the Chisholm Creek development just south of the John Kilpatrick Turnpike and West Memorial Road in Oklahoma City.

The restaurant’s award-winning FIREBAR® boasts an extensive selection of wines, including two private Firebirds’ labels, craft beer and specialty cocktails, such as the Double Black Diamond Martini® infused with fresh pineapple. Firebirds offers unique and refreshing non-alcoholic drinks as well, such as the Strawberry Basil Cooler and Wild Berry Ginger Craft Soda.

MOST POPULAR DESSERT: OOEY GOOEY PUMPKIN SPICE BUTTER CAKE
    Beyond the restaurant’s decadent Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake (available for a limited time) Firebirds offers a wide variety of menu selections, including its signature Aged Ribeye, Filet Mignon, Wood Grilled Salmon, Durango Burger, Grilled Shrimp & Strawberry Salad, Lobster Spinach Queso and Creme Brulée Cheesecake. The Kids Menu offers healthy options certified by the National Restaurant Association’s Kids LiveWell program. Firebirds also offers gluten-sensitive menu items, such as Grilled Tenderloin Salad, Beef Filet Kabob, Wood Grilled Salmon and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes.

Year-round, the new Firebirds OKC restaurant will donate $1.25 for every glass of lemonade ordered in the restaurant to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) to help fund childhood cancer research. Additionally, each June, the restaurant will participate in ALSF’s fundraiser, Lemonade Days, in which it will donate to the cause all proceeds from the sale of house-made lemonade at a stand by the front door. Nationwide, Firebirds has already raised more than $1.2 million for ALSF, one cup of lemonade at a time.

VISITING FIREBIRDS
    Firebirds is open Sunday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Friday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Additionally the restaurant offers banquet services, catering, gift cards and online ordering for ToGo. Guests who register for Firebirds’ Inner Circle will be the first to hear about upcoming events, promotions, new menu items and exclusive offers. Members will also receive a gift for joining and a gift on their birthday.

Reservations for lunch or dinner can be made by calling the restaurant, visiting Firebirds’ website or using the OpenTable App. Firebirds is regularly included on OpenTable’s Diner’s Choice lists, where diners vote for their favorite restaurants in various categories.

The recipient of multiple TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence, Firebirds also made Yelp’s top 10 most popular casual restaurants in terms of average page views per location and Fishbowl’s Emerging Brands Report’s top 10 restaurants in terms of expected growth. Fishbowl is the leading data, marketing and analytics solutions provider to restaurants. Additionally, Firebirds was named one of America’s Top 50 Emerging Restaurant Chains by FSR Magazine and one of Nation’s Restaurant News’ “Next 20.”
    ###

About Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
    Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, a contemporary-polished restaurant, is an energetic twist on the traditional grill featuring a boldly flavored, classic American menu in an inviting, fire-centric atmosphere. Signature menu items include hand-cut, aged steaks and fresh seafood hand-fileted in-house and seared over locally sourced hickory, oak or pecan wood in Firebirds’ scratch kitchen and exposed wood-fired grill. The open, stylish, enticing décor incorporates wood-fired themes and entertaining spaces, such as the outdoor patio with seasonal comforts and the award-winning FIREBAR®. Popular specialties include Wine Down Mondays, happy hour, artisan cocktails, craft beer, bourbon, after dinner drinks and Firebirds’ private label wine. In keeping with its mission, “To Serve, Enrich and Exceed,” Firebirds supports ever-growing sustainability efforts throughout its restaurants and partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, with more than $1.2 million raised for childhood cancer research through the sale of fresh-squeezed lemonade. Visit firebirdsrestaurants.com to become a member of Firebirds’ Inner Circle, make an OpenTable reservation or order ToGo online.

I celebrated a friend's birthday at Firebirds last night and had a really good experience.

The three of us sat at the bar, ordered drinks, starters, and mains.

Were there for about 2.5 hours and the place -- including the open seating at the bar and in the bar area -- was very full the entire time. The bar itself is quite nice and they have a great specialty drink: Black Diamond Martini that is pineapple infused vodka. It was very, very good but sneaky strong.

I had a chicken pasta dish which was good but next time I will definitely try one of their many other entrees, such as a steak or seafood.

They seem to have a pretty solid happy hour and when I arrived around 5:30 the bar area was pretty full already.

Seems to be a nice addition to the OKC dining scene. I'd say it was a notch above Charleston's or Red Rock Canyon in terms of setting and general execution.

11. Default Re: Firebirds

I finally got around to trying this place last night.

Overall impressions:
    Food quality & taste: 8/10
    Overall Service: 8/10
    Bar Service: 2/10

I had the wood fired salmon and my wife had the filet. Both of us loved our dinners. The place wasn't completely packed, but was busy. I'm thinking this is why the bar service was incredibly slow. I don't know if they need more people working the bar or what, but we waited for that seemed like forever after ordering our initial drinks for them to come out - like 10-15 minutes. We went ahead and ordered a second round when they brought the first round and our glasses still ran dry before getting the 2nd drink. That said, the drinks were very good. I had their signature Manhattan and my wife had the Black Diamond martini.

Other than that, the experience was a good one. I like the decor and the atmosphere and like I said the food was delicious. I'm adding this place to my rotation and hopefully they get the bar service up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I finally got around to trying this place last night.

Overall impressions:
    Food quality & taste: 8/10
    Overall Service: 8/10
    Bar Service: 2/10

I had the wood fired salmon and my wife had the filet. Both of us loved our dinners. The place wasn't completely packed, but was busy. I'm thinking this is why the bar service was incredibly slow. I don't know if they need more people working the bar or what, but we waited for that seemed like forever after ordering our initial drinks for them to come out - like 10-15 minutes. We went ahead and ordered a second round when they brought the first round and our glasses still ran dry before getting the 2nd drink. That said, the drinks were very good. I had their signature Manhattan and my wife had the Black Diamond martini.

Other than that, the experience was a good one. I like the decor and the atmosphere and like I said the food was delicious. I'm adding this place to my rotation and hopefully they get the bar service up to speed.
    it's good and all, but it's basically just a less basic Charleston's. which isn't necessarily a bad thing, by any means. but not earth shattering, either.

I would say that Firebirds is maybe on par with Charleston's but does offer more options on it's menu.

Wife and I had dinner here last night and it was fantastic. I had the strip and it was one of the best restaurant steaks I've had in a very long time. Wife had the fillet and shrimp. All wood fired and fantastic. Definitely a nice addition for OKC.

The strip there is pretty good, and so is the ribeye. Last time I was there I had the sliced sirloin in brandy peppercorn sauce, with mashed potatoes. Great meal!

16. Default Re: Firebirds

Ate there tonight with a group for a friend's birthday. Honestly I think the overall consensus was "average at best."

Parking was a huge PITA with most everyone parking at Cabela's. Thought the place was really nice inside and the staff was very friendly. There was some sort of a mixup and the staff didn't realize nobody was assigned to our table. We finally had to find someone to bring us drinks. The manager came over and provided a couple of free appetizers to make up for the delay.

Wife said her salmon salad tasted "off" and my burger came with an inedible bun (rock hard). The steak fries were undercooked. A couple of the sides were pretty good, but the salmon was dry and the rest was just average. I definitely get the comparison to Charleston's - but honestly, I really like Charleston's and eat there often. I doubt I'd go back to Firebirds unless I was with a group that insisted. $13+ burgers/sandwiches that were below average and $26 salmon that can be beat at Charleston's, Metro and probably half a dozen other places.

That said, the place was packed, so obviously other people love the place.

Regarding parking, a tip for Firebirds, Chalk, Birra Birra and everything on the east side of the small lake: Park south of Uncle Julios on the west side. Huge lot over there and far less congested.

Having said that, all that will change once they build out Razoo's and the other restaurants on that side.

18. Default Re: Firebirds

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post

That said, the place was packed, so obviously other people love the place.
    No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded. - Yogi Berra

My two experiences at Firebirds have been excellent.

I also really like the atmosphere.

I ate at Firebirds in Montgomery a couple months ago and had one of the better Sirloin steaks I have ever had. I didn't realize they had a location in OKC until I found it this weekend. Again, an excellent Sirloin steak!

They need a better selection of Oklahoma craft beers. And for a chain started in the South, it's hard to believe they don't have Chicken Fried Steak on their menu.

Thread Information