Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Del Rancho in Moore

Moore New Del Rancho in Moore

Sign is up and they are starting to hire employees for the new Del Rancho in Moore in the location where Las Fajitas/Falcones was facing I-35 on N. Moore Ave.

Default Re: New Del Rancho in Moore

Think it’s safe to say it will fare better than Falcone’s at that location.

Isn't that one of those cursed business spots? I hope they do well...

5. Default Re: New Del Rancho in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    Isn't that one of those cursed business spots? I hope they do well...
    If Las Fajitas operating there for close to 30 years is a curse. Then yes. It’s cursed.

I wonder if the Dining Room was getting as much business as they claimed on there Facebook page. I wonder if they were bought out by the new Del Rancho going in to eliminate close competition. It seems like the closing was fast and abrupt. Thoughts?

7. Default Re: New Del Rancho in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    I wonder if the Dining Room was getting as much business as they claimed on there Facebook page. I wonder if they were bought out by the new Del Rancho going in to eliminate close competition. It seems like the closing was fast and abrupt. Thoughts?
    The Dining Room says they simply couldn't compete with all the fast foods places in Moore and the new Del Rancho was the final straw. Honestly, even though I liked them, they were never that busy when we'd go in. They claim to be considering a food truck (bad idea IMO).

8. Default Re: New Del Rancho in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The Dining Room says they simply couldn't compete with all the fast foods places in Moore and the new Del Rancho was the final straw. Honestly, even though I liked them, they were never that busy when we'd go in. They claim to be considering a food truck (bad idea IMO).
    I think it's the location in addition to all the new fast food in Moore... I live walking distance from them and they always looked to be about as busy as they were when they were Del Rancho. They also got a lot of blow back from locals for dropping the franchise.

The 19th Street boom has to of been hurting them for years and the lack of easy access I'm sure was a deterrent to most outside of the area. It's a lot easier to get off at 19th or 12th and grab a drive-thru burger, taco, or chicken, than it is to navigate the access roads to Main and wait for a call back to go pick up a steak sandwich at the 3 drive-thru menu boards.

They aren't the first to go in Old Town Moore either.... Gale's and The Greek Taverna have both closed within the last two years and Gale's had been in their off the beaten path location for quite a few years. JR's Pancake House closed last fall and has now been replaced by Mama Carol's. I liked JR's but Mama Carol's is a definite step up for that location.

Even Peking at 12th and Broadway closed after a long run in that building. It is being reopened as a diner soon. I think they are going to offer all you can eat. Not a fan of buffet food so don't know if I'll be trying it or not.

I ate at this location this past weekend. Got the steak sandwich of course. Taste is exactly as I remember when the location was across the highway. Seems like the fries portion shrank in size, but I can't recall if I used to order a large portion in the past.

It was busy enough for a weekend night, and with this being a somewhat iconic business in Moore.. it might last in that location.

great... saw the sign this past weekend and was wondering if they had opened yet.

11. Default Re: New Del Rancho in Moore

We've been to this new location a couple of times now. Honestly, it's probably my favorite Del Rancho; nice and new, friendly staff, busy and really tasty food. You gotta pay attention though in advance or you miss your exit.

This one is nicer than most, but the one in Mustang is still far better than any of them.

I went through drive through and was surprised they didn't have a combo meal with a drink. Got it home and the chicken fried steak sandwich was awesome! However, the french fries were under cooked and nearly raw.

Went to this del rancho Thursday night before going to see Solo. Ate inside and it was fantastic. Great chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and a salad. Really enjoyed it.

Thread Information