Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pour (formerly Sanctuary)

1. Default Re: Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Late to this thread so forgive me if this has been covered about Wacky Wheelz...is it legal to ride a bike on a city street while intoxicated?

Also, as far as decommissioned church buildings go, there was one with gothic architecture on Classen that became a bar. I think they added turrents to the spires to try to make it look like a castle if memory serves. It was out of business for awhile and then the Bowery moved there for a short time before it closed. Do not remember the name of the former church or the first bar. (I hung out there a bit before and after the move from Midtown.)
    It was first a restaurant after the church closed. l think it was Dino's, then a couple of other failed restaurants before being converted to a bar. l recall it hosting a lot of top name singers back in the 70s. l am thinking it was Infinity Club. Then it turned into a gay dance club called Free Spirit Club. l don't recall when the gothic turrets were put up. l remember going to a different downtown church and my parents being aghast at the idea of a bar being put into a church. They felt it should just be torn down.

Default Re: Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Wait a minute! There's things here! There's trees, there's rocks, there's birds, there's squirrels. Come on, we'll bless them all until we get fershnikit!
    Robin Hood Men in Tights, hahaha. Took me sec to get that one

They're opening tonight, and I'm real curious! I'm going to take advantage of the newfound clear weather and run by.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    They're opening tonight, and I'm real curious! I'm going to take advantage of the newfound clear weather and run by.
    I went to soft open and really liked it. It's great space plus they will be doing some fun things with bands, DJ's and karyoke.

I'll post some photos in a bit.

I didn't take any significant photos, but I had a very pleasant experience there. I was impressed with the amount of rare stained glass and the icons carved into the paneling of the bar.

I also spoke at length with Father Warren, who blessed the bar. Very nice man, knowledgeable and educated.

Some from John Knight (mine didn't turn out this well).

Another one I took about a month ago:

What a great location with all those apartments coming online.

From their FB page:

We are excited to introduce Working Class Society to OKC. Working Class Society aims to serve the hard working individuals of OKC in a relaxed indoor/outdoor settling. We aim to be an all inclusive gathering place where we can celebrate our differences and grow as one community. You could say we're introducing OKC to OKC.
    We will continue our operations as our space evolves into our new look. We hope to bring back live music in the near future as we complete the COVID19 phased openings. We also plan on adding more tv's to carry more sporting events, since the uncertainty of attending live events this summer/fall is likely. So feel free to stop by and enjoy great drinks on our recently finished front patio after a hard days work. Our Happy Hour specials will run every single day from 5pm-7pm, because you've earned it. We look forward to serving ALL of OKC.

Went by here last Sunday afternoon and it was popping. The little patio area outfront looks like a winner.

It has reopened as Pour.

Same owners that bought Kong's in Norman and changed it to Sideline.

Default Re: Pour (formerly Sanctuary)

I like the outside but I am not sure about the inside, it seems dark

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I like the outside but I am not sure about the inside, it seems dark
    I took those photos this morning; cloudy day and all the lights were off inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I took those photos this morning; cloudy day and all the lights were off inside.
    That makes sense

What's the story with Sanctuary? I know the owner used to post here. Did it just flop & he wanted to focus on Flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    What's the story with Sanctuary? I know the owner used to post here. Did it just flop & he wanted to focus on Flashback?
    He moved to Texas, as they are expanding FlashBack there.

Is this the one that was themed like a church?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is this the one that was themed like a church?
    Yes

This place is permanently closed.

My understanding is that Hall Capital (the landlord) evicted them and there were also all kinds of issues with ABLE and the OK Tax Commission.

They were also using the same promoter as Glam/Saints/Pink Parrott and now Kong's.

Thread Information