Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Chopsticks (formerly Magasin Table)

Auto Alley Hot Chopsticks (formerly Magasin Table)

Modern Vietnamese restaurant to open in Auto Alley

Prairie Artisan Ales will soon have a new neighbor in the 8th Street Market in Automobile Alley.

Oklahoma City native Leon Hoang is partnering with acclaimed New Orleans restaurateur Kim Nguyen to bring Magasin Table to the newly opened project at 3 NE 8th Street near the train tracks off Broadway.

Magasin Table will focus on Vietnamese food with a modern twist. Traditional items will be featured such as pho, buns, banh mi sandwiches, rice bowls and spring rolls. Bar snacks and several healthy food options will also be offered.

The table-service restaurant will be open for lunch and dinner in a relaxed atmosphere which will encourage patrons to stay and drink Vietnamese beer or sample some of the offerings for Prairie.

And like Prairie Ales, Magasin will make use of the ample common area seating in the center of the 8th Street Market Hall. Hoang expects that the hours of Magasin will be expanded to late-night dining when the Oklahoma law changes next October which will allow Prairie and other taprooms to stay open past 9PM.

Hoang and Nguyen met in Dallas and formed a friendship that is now culminating in new OKC venture.

Nguyen owns the popular Magasin Kitchen and Magasin Cafe in New Orleans.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Magasin Table

Awesome!

Really cool. We went to Prairie for the first time before the Thunder game Friday and it was packed already, can't wait for more options to open here.

I just got back from New Orleans and would have loved to try Magasin Kitchen. However, it would have been 1 more in a list of 50 places I wanted to try.

Great! I was wondering what was go in the other spaces, was hoping it would be someone who would embrace the courtyard aspect and not wall themselves in.
    Any idea which of the open spaces Magasin will be occupying?

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Great! I was wondering what was go in the other spaces, was hoping it would be someone who would embrace the courtyard aspect and not wall themselves in.
    Any idea which of the open spaces Magasin will be occupying?
    It will be the space to the right as you enter 8th Street Market from the main, east entrance.

They are working on doing a food court in that large space on the south side of the complex (left as you walk in).

Nice! Glad to hear it will stay open and contiguous. Have you heard if they have any plans to fence in the back area abutting the barbed wire railroad fence (where they had the food truck on opening night)? On opening night you could walk out side to go the food truck but could not take your drink with you due to that weird outdoor drinking law I always hear about but don't know the exact specifications of. If so, I am sure the plans on the back burner with winter coming on.
    Also, any plans for improving walk-ability across/parallel to the railroad tracks?

I am a huge fan of Prairie's setup at the 8th street market and have already been back several times so I have had plenty of time there to come up with questions haha, love the 4oz pour option.

8. Default Re: Magasin Table

Wow this will be amazing. I love the concept and Magasin in NOLA looks great! Being next to Prairie is going to give some guaranteed business.

HALLELUJAH! I have literally dreamed about a concept like this in OKC for years. Enjoy eating at Lido but there is room for elevated Vietnamese cuisine in a more sophisticated setting. Great concept!

They have started work at the 8th Street Marketplace.

This is looking south to the common seating area. The space is just to the right as you enter the building from the east; just east of Prairie.

They hope to open by the end of the month:

Those chairs look quite uncomfortable...

It'll be cool to have this open finally but sad that we won't be able to bring dogs to Prairie anymore

It'll be cool to have this open finally but sad that we won't be able to bring dogs to Prairie anymore
    Because of the restaurant?

^

Yes, food will be served in the common area that is also being used by Prairie.

16. Default Re: Magasin Table

Open yet?

Nope, but close.

They are now in soft opening mode from 11-8.

Will soon have their liquor license and then will stay open later.

Had lunch there today and loved it. Right next to Prairie Ales which also opens at 11AM.

The Prairie instagram account said that they are still allowing dogs in the taproom!

Dang must have just missed out on being in the picture... I got the grilled pork Banh Mi and really enjoyed it as well.

The Prairie instagram account said that they are still allowing dogs in the taproom!
    we went to some taprooms Sunday and while magasin Table was not open sunday there were dogs in the tap room which was great. what I didn't enjoy was the amount of small children in the taproom area running and screaming and being disruptive. made me rethink if the new law allowing this was a good idea or not. but I do think its a good idea but clearly bad parenting and management not keeping it under control. we didn't stay long and moved along because it was bad. I am not being dramatic it was high pitch screaming and running and throwing checkers on the floor bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    we went to some taprooms Sunday and while magasin Table was not open sunday there were dogs in the tap room which was great. what I didn't enjoy was the amount of small children in the taproom area running and screaming and being disruptive. made me rethink if the new law allowing this was a good idea or not. but I do think its a good idea but clearly bad parenting and management not keeping it under control. we didn't stay long and moved along because it was bad. I am not being dramatic it was high pitch screaming and running and throwing checkers on the floor bad.
    Oof, that's annoying, I am a regular there and can assure you that isn't very common but sorry to hear it sullied your experience. Glad to hear real-life verification that dogs are allowed in the taproom other than an instagram message I sent their okc account haha.

Oof, that's annoying, I am a regular there and can assure you that isn't very common but sorry to hear it sullied your experience. Glad to hear real-life verification that dogs are allowed in the taproom other than an instagram message I sent their okc account haha.
    Oh it won't stop me. I was there Friday as well with no incident. it was just bad timing on the sunday so we moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    That is a pet peeve of mine. Yes, kids are going to be kids and their instinct is going to be to run around and be loud, but when the parents seem to just let their kids do it without any sort of corrective action? Ya know, pulling them aside and telling them to use their "indoor voices"? Drives me crazy.

As for Magasin, I can't wait to try this place!

I went to Magasin Table last night to grab some food and watch the thunder game as well as to drink some beers at Prarie. There was a decent crowd at both establishments, and the crossover of people that order food from Magasin and drink at Prarie is very high. The food at Magasin is off the charts for the price point in my opinion. I've now tried the bahn mi sandwich, the verimicelli, and the pho. For all of the vietnamese places in OKC, Magasin is at the top for me.

Thread Information