Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cumulus Media is on the brink of a total collapse.

Default Re: Cumulus Media is on the brink of a total collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I have a friend who calls every month and pays $1.

I hate to say I pay 5 bucks for streaming music a month and there is no way I would waste my time talking on the phone every month just for a deal, but hey some do.
    I don’t use the streaming service, car only, and it sounds fantastic to my ears. Very well worth it to avoid the terrestial radio options here in OKC and enjoy the huge variety SiriusXM offers.

2. Default Re: Cumulus Media is on the brink of a total collapse.

Trying to cancel XM was painful. I finally had to tell the woman I didn't care if they gave it to me for free, I didn't want it. She finally got the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Trying to cancel XM was painful. I finally had to tell the woman I didn't care if they gave it to me for free, I didn't want it. She finally got the hint.
    It was a misery here, too. Told them I wanted to cancel, and they gave me the standard sales retention spiel. Said no thanks, just cancel. After a few keyboard clicks, she comes back and says, "Okay, I've set you up for cancellation at the end of the month.'

And I said, "Why do I have to wait until the end of the month? I'd want to cancel now and get part of the month back."

And they said "Well we just thought you meant to keep it until the end of the billing period."

At that point, I got frustrated. So I went into frustration mode.

I told them, "I'm sorry for not making my intent clear and causing any confusion. Let me restate it. I want to cancel XM radio service effective this very instant, not tomorrow, and not next week. Is there someone I need to speak with to get that accomplished?"

Then I heard a few violent-sounding keystrokes pounded on some poor keyboard, and a terse "Your account is closed effective immediately."

I said, "Thanks, have a great day!" and heard only the sound of an electronic disconnect on the other end....LOL

I think I messed up someone's retention metrics that day. Alas.

4. Default Re: Cumulus Media is on the brink of a total collapse.

Of all the stations on the list, we only listen to WWLS. I left KTOK because I like more local talk radio. I used to listen to KOKC overnight until they took the Red Eye show off. Now I'm back to Patriot Radio repeats on XM.

There's a storm brewing at Cumulus.

It's too bad OKC doesn't have a station like KXT out of Dallas.

Traber's postgame comments last night were truly something else...Teddy and Gabe have more knowledge of the game of football in their pinky toes than Traber has in his entire body.

Thread Information