Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hopdoddy

Default Re: Hopdoddy

Still kind of off topic re: Hopdaddy, but I tried the Impossible Burger at Tucker's and loved it. It's been nearly two years since I've had a beef cheeseburger, so my perspective may be skewed, but it was remarkably like meat to me both in texture and in taste... almost disturbingly so. I'm impressed that they were able to create such a meat-like burger just from plants. I'll definitely be having it again!

Is it a vegan burger or just meatless?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Is it a vegan burger or just meatless?
    It's vegan

5. Default Re: Hopdoddy

Guess the million dollar question here if you are a vegan.... Are they frying it on the same grill with the meat?

And is the cheese vegan? I'm not a vegan, but I know people who are and would like to try it.

Nichols Hills location almost ready:

Hopdoddy just tweeted that they will be open in Nichols Hills by the end of July.

I moved the 'local' discussion to a thread of its own:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44291&p=1035136

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    And is the cheese vegan? I'm not a vegan, but I know people who are and would like to try it.
    No. The cheese is not vegan. Neither is the bun. If you want it vegan, you have to order without the cheese and with the kids bun.

opening date set for Monday, July 16th!

Try the breakfast burger. I had it in Texas recently. Its not healthy but it is good.

We went last night and it was very crowded, line out the door to order at counter. For some reason there were 4+ bar seats open so we just sat there and ordered from bar. Perhaps people didn’t know they could order at bar but the counter line stayed long the whole time we were there. Burgers were very good, fresh and similar to something you’d cook at home if you knew what you were doing. Had a good looking drink menu including desert drinks. This will certainly be in our rotation for a while.

Is it officially opened or like a friends/family open? Also is it chisholm location or nichols hills?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Is it officially opened or like a friends/family open? Also is it chisholm location or nichols hills?
    Nichols Hills location officially opened to the public on Monday.

Chisholm location is still 2-3 months out.

Went for lunch today. Line was out the door at noon but was maybe half as long by the time we left at 1:15. Took exactly an hour to stand in line, order and receive our food, which was good, but $16 for a burger, fries and a drink is a bit steep for a casual restaurant. In my mind, I've checked the box and don't really see much reason to go back considering all of the other burger options out there these days.

The Daily Meal ranked "The Classic Burger" at Hopdoddys #49 on their list of the 101 best burgers in America.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101...llery/slide-54

Nic's came in at #38 and Sid's Diner in El Reno came in at #75.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=ditm4567;1040921]The Daily Meal ranked "The Classic Burger" at Hopdoddys #49 on their list of the 101 best burgers in America.

[url]https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101-best-burgers-america-2018-gallery/slide-54[/url?

Nic's came in at #38 and Sid's Diner in El Reno came in at #75.[/QUOTE
    How do we get them to check out Lipsmakers?

Went there for lunch today. The line to order was 20 minutes, but they were using only one cashier instead of two. Their soft drinks are their own (no Coke or Pepsi products), and they were out of Mexican Coke. Our order took 40 minutes to arrive, and the burger was so-so. It's very loud inside which is intentional, but it makes conversation a challenge. Exiting the parking lot onto 63rd Street took a while because it's a single shared exit with the new Starbucks next door (although you can leave via a rear exit through Nichols Hills Plaza, then onto either 63rd Street or Avondale).

How do you compare the cost of meal to quality ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    For me, a higher price comes with the expectation of better food, preparation, service, environment and overall experience. I didn't feel that it checked any of those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I went yesterday and found it to be rather disappointing. Standing in a 45 minute line for a rather mediocre, $13 burger isn't exactly my idea of a good time. It's a lot like Whole Foods. You're paying for the right to tell your friends, family and co-workers that you ate a really expensive burger.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I went yesterday and found it to be rather disappointing. Standing in a 45 minute line for a rather mediocre, $13 burger isn't exactly my idea of a good time. It's a lot like Whole Foods. You're paying for the right to tell your friends, family and co-workers that you ate a really expensive burger.
    We were seated near the door when friends walked in. They told us that they had an hour for lunch, and we told them we’d been there for an hour and hadn’t yet been served. They couldn’t stay. You’d think that during opening week they’d be handling this better.

Thx for the feedback all. I'll try it after 30 days if I score a Groupon or such.

We went last night around 8:00. The process was a little different than I expected... you wait in line to order and they assign you a table while you're in line. Once you're seated there is a waitress that works your area and can get you drinks from the bar (you can also order drinks in line). For two burgers, two cocktails and a large Parmesan truffle fry it was ~$45. Not terribly expensive (the cocktails are on the high end for this type of place, ~$10). That being said, my burger was great. The wait was maybe 20 minutes from standing in line to getting our burger. Initially I thought this was going to be similar to Republic, but they are two totally different places.

Thread Information