Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your concepts/ideas for OKC

Default Re: Your concepts/ideas for OKC

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    The businesses have the right to put up the cross and you have the right to not look at them.
    I didn’t realize that. I was under the assumption that had no right to do that and whenever I passed by them I was forced to look at them. Thank you for correcting me, as Delbert Grady said to Johnny Boy.... or Jack for that matter.

Blog Entries

Trainspotting^?

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    The businesses have the right to put up the cross and you have the right to not look at them.
    Kinda hard to not look at them when they're a hundred feet tall, which is most likely the point - "make them as tall as we can and people will have to see them".

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!

Not everything has to be an argument or political or negative. This was supposed to be a positive thread about people's cool ideas for OKC and the metro area. But you people turn everything into an argument and focus on the negatives.

If this is just going to devolve into "stupid okies and their religion sucks" "No, you suck" "Oklahoma and Okies are so backwards and such an embarrassment" argument thread, then, Pete, just lock this thread and/or delete it.

Back on topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    This. Downtown as a whole could really use a lighting upgrade. Our downtown views would look so much better if all the buildings were required to have at least SOME exterior lighting.
    Agree. Driving past downtown after dark, our downtown is a black hole. You know there's a city there somewhere, you just can't see it. It sucks all the light into its darkness. Our city really needs to be lit better. How do we make that happen?

Someone posted on here once, and I can't find it now, a web address to report street lights being out. I've noticed that the street lights on I-40 between the I-44 and I-35 junction are out. It makes our already dark city even darker when you're driving after dark.

So if you could post that web address again, I'd like to report that so that we can't get those lights turned back on.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Someone posted on here once, and I can't find it now, a web address to report street lights being out. I've noticed that the street lights on I-40 between the I-44 and I-35 junction are out. It makes our already dark city even darker when you're driving after dark.

So if you could post that web address again, I'd like to report that so that we can't get those lights turned back on.
    Apparently you can't report it through OKC's Action Center anymore (thought you could at one time), but call 405-272-9741 or 405-272-9595 to report them. Found that info here - https://okc.gov/residents/action-center/report. I suspect it will be hellish reporting them and may get absolutely no response, but worth a try, I guess.

OGE takes care of the lights. I actually had one out in my neighborhood and called and the lady was actually very pleasant and took all my info so I could follow up on it if need be. Didn't need to though as they got it replaced in 3 days. Overall it went way easier than I thought it would.

8. Default Re: Your concepts/ideas for OKC

I know this is lame and I'm sure many don't care about this, but I would love to have a Medieval Times. I love a good joust and turkey leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    OGE takes care of the lights. I actually had one out in my neighborhood and called and the lady was actually very pleasant and took all my info so I could follow up on it if need be. Didn't need to though as they got it replaced in 3 days. Overall it went way easier than I thought it would.
    Do you call the report an outage number?

Do you call the report an outage number?
    I called the number mentioned above 405-272-9741.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I called the number mentioned above 405-272-9741.
    Thanks

Thread Information