Widgets Magazine

Thread: Engine repair recommendations?

Default Engine repair recommendations?

My mother's car is having engine problems. We took it to Quail Springs Auto on N May, but they don't do engine repair. The guy said it would probably cost 1500 to fix what he thinks is wrong with it.

She is trying to decide if she should fix it (depending on price), or get a new car. Does anyone know of any honest/quality repair shops you could recommend?

2. Default Re: Engine repair recommendations?

I've used Car Doctor for about 10 years now and they are the only mechanics I've ever been happy with. They will actually explain things to you in a way that you can understand and being a non car person. I really appreciate that.

I drive a 97 Dodge Ram with almost 200k on it and an 04 Ford Escape with 220k on it..... They keep both my vehicles running great.

Now I'm not going to say they do inexpensive work but they do quality work at what I find to be a fair price.

3. Default Re: Engine repair recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    My mother's car is having engine problems. We took it to Quail Springs Auto on N May, but they don't do engine repair. The guy said it would probably cost 1500 to fix what he thinks is wrong with it.

She is trying to decide if she should fix it (depending on price), or get a new car. Does anyone know of any honest/quality repair shops you could recommend?
    Metric Motors in Edmond has always been honest.

Default Re: Engine repair recommendations?

Al's Auto Repair. NW 50th & Portland. Looks like a hole in the wall, because it is. Old Phillips 66 station. But they've been there for years and can fix what others can't. Ask for Chuck. They do all the late model stuff, but he is also one of the last remaining good carburetor and distributor guys left in the city as well.

Thanks guys!

6. Default Re: Engine repair recommendations?

If you don't mind driving all the way to Norman, Ron's Automotive on Lindsay and W 24th are a great choice. My timing belt slipped on my old car a year or so ago and they did the repair. The only thing they had to send away was the pistons to re flatten, everything else they did. Cost $2400 but that included pulling the engine out, removing the head, fixing the pistons, replacing timing belt, replacing all the parts that would need to be replaced down the line that could only be replaced by pulling the engine out (water pump for example) and then having to refill all the fluids and recharge AC etc. My dad and I only uses Rons for repairs and he also takes the company vehicles he works for there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I've used Car Doctor for about 10 years now and they are the only mechanics I've ever been happy with. They will actually explain things to you in a way that you can understand and being a non car person. I really appreciate that.

I drive a 97 Dodge Ram with almost 200k on it and an 04 Ford Escape with 220k on it..... They keep both my vehicles running great.

Now I'm not going to say they do inexpensive work but they do quality work at what I find to be a fair price.
    Mike Bailey is the owner of Car Doctor, telephone 232-1949. He did regular service of my wife's Explorer years ago, and also replaced a Lexus ES-350 engine for us. We go to him for all non-warranty work.

Thread Information