Widgets Magazine

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Though the wonders of social media I was able to reconnect with my buddy that I went to Army Basic Training with back in 1992 (haven't seen him since). In October he is going to be in town for one night and part of the next day. So, here is where I need help. What local food place should I take him to? It will be for dinner Saturday night and lunch on Sunday. Where should I take someone from Rhode Island to him what the OKC food scene is like? I have a few ideas, but wanted suggestions/help from those who may eat out more than i do. All ideas are appreciated.

Default Re: Help!

Waffle Champion would be great for a breakfast.

I would suggest somewhere where you can get some Oklahoma BBQ and fried okra. I took friends from east coast to Leo's and they haven't stopped talking about the beans and okra since. Also took them to Eischens.

4. Default Re: Help!

Saturday night at Bedlam BBQ would be a good choice. The food is always good and the large outdoor patio usually has live music on the weekends. With the lower temps in Oct. it should make for a great evening (as long as it isn't too cold by then).

Maples BBQ for sure if you are going for BBQ, after Maples go hang out at one of the Breweries.

6. Default Re: Help!

For dinner I'd say 3Sixty so he can see a great view of the city.... Then go hang out at a brewery or Flashback Retropub and after that go for a late night snack at Bobo's.

Sunday I'd do brunch at Slaughter's Hall or Cafe Kacao.

If you decide to do BBQ as others have suggested... My current favorites are Texlahoma, The Flying Pig (a truck), Maples, or Butcher BBQ Stand if you don't mind driving to Wellston.

Cheever's is always my go to for out-of-towners, usually for dinner or brunch. You could then do Maple's for lunch and be able to walk around and show him everything that's going on in the Midtown / AA area.

Thanks! All excellent suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    For dinner I'd say 3Sixty so he can see a great view of the city.... Then go hang out at a brewery or Flashback Retropub and after that go for a late night snack at Bobo's.

Sunday I'd do brunch at Slaughter's Hall or Cafe Kacao.

If you decide to do BBQ as others have suggested... My current favorites are Texlahoma, The Flying Pig (a truck), Maples, or Butcher BBQ Stand if you don't mind driving to Wellston.
    3Sixty does have great views, but their food is just slightly above average, in our opinion - everything was good, but just good, not great or excellent.

I would recommend BackDoor BBQ for dinner and Cheever's for lunch--both delicious and uniquely Oklahoman, yet completely different dining experiences.

Thread Information