Widgets Magazine

Thread: 615 NE 5th

Northeast OKC 615 NE 5th

Two townhomes proposed for just east of Lincoln.

NE side starting to show some real momentum.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 615 NE 5th

Pete, that area was my childhood stomping grounds. Old Douglass H.S. (Page-Woodson), Pulliam Bar B Q Pit, 538 NE 4, Butlers' Bar B Q (SW corner 6th Stonewall), Dr. Frank B. Cox Dentist Office, the old YMCA (now Foster Recreation Center), Jewel Theater and Washington Park where old Historic Page Stadium was demolished.

HangryHippo Guest

I actually really like the look of those. If they could add a few more at 7-8 stories, that'd be a great little complex for the OUHSC area.

I like everything about this - except for the fact that a Craftsman style house built in 1920 will be demolished to build these. Why can't they build this on one of the MANY vacant lots nearby? If it weren't for demolishing an example of our history, this would be a home run for me.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I like everything about this - except for the fact that a Craftsman style house built in 1920 will be demolished to build these. Why can't they build this on one of the MANY vacant lots nearby? If it weren't for demolishing an example of our history, this would be a home run for me.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    This was my first thought as well. Tons of vacant lots around this area. Renovate the existing homes, build on empty lots, then start tearing down single family houses when land starts becoming really scarce.

Thread Information