status=Opened March 18, 2014
    owner=Midtown Renaissance
    height=7 stories
    sq. feet=44,434
    acerage=.46
    other= 55 rooms

4/2/13: Conversion to boutique hotel under way
    11/1/12: Osler Building conversion to boutique hotel to start
    5/9/11: Downtown/MAPS Tax Increment Review Committee convened and approved a resolution recommending approximately $1,100,00 for assistance in development financing for the proposed $15.8 million mixed use development comprised of 40 single family units, a 60 room boutique hotel and approximately 6,000 square
    feet of mixed use development.

the 44,424 square feet brick structure was constructed in three phases: the first three floors in 1928 and floors four to six in 1929. The partial seventh floor was added in 1946. The building was remodeled in the 1980’s and has had the majority of the original windows replaced. The building was originally a medical office building housing dentists and physicians associated with the many hospitals then located within the immediate area. The structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2012 under categories A, and C for “the best example of Mission/Spanish Colonial Revival architecture on a multi-story office building” and for its promotion of health and hygiene through the care of the sick, disabled, and handicapped.
    Links

http://www.ambassadorhotelcollection.com/oklahomacity/
    Downtown Hotel Summary
    Urban Project Summary
    County Assessor
    Midtown Rensaissance
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler5.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	4106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler4.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	4105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler7.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	4108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler8.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	4109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler9.jpg 
Views:	1757 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	4110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler11.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	4112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osler13.jpg 
Views:	1669 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	4114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amb11314c.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	6205  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ambpool.jpg 
Views:	2023 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	6579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amb021714o.jpg 
Views:	1493 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	6730  
    Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Default Re: Midtown

Awesome! Let's get these projects going! Very excited.

Thanks Boulder!

A small hotel would do very well in that area, especially with St. Anthony so close.

I hope this gets going soon and leads to even more development in that area. Momentum seems to be picking up.

So the 16 additional units are probably in the Osler, with a hotel at the bottom?

On edit, that has to be the case. Their website says 14 luxury condos, must be 16 now. http://midtownr.com/ViewProperty.aspx?id=11

Default Re: 430 Lofts - Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The views from the 3rd floor looking towards the CBD should be fantastic.

Very cool they integrated a 3rd level and little decks to take advantage of this.

Very, very impressed with the work of architect Fitzsimmons and the entire Midtown Renaissance group. Looking forward to the Osler project... It's one of their last properties to be renovated.
    the problem with the osler is it has short floor heights ..and kind of weird floor plates .. i know they have been given a few different idea for apt design .. it is just a huge project compared to most of their other buildings .. but at the rate they are going i would bet it is not to far off ..

but i don't think they could convert it into apts without a garage ..

How short?

Why couldn't they build a small garage on the lot they own behind the Osler/1212?

they could but they need more than a small lot that is going to be 1212 N walkers lot .. and the osler will end up with more units that any of their buildings to date

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    This looks like an awesome development. There is actually plenty of parking behind this building.
    a good portion of that parking is full a much of night from the walker shops crowd ... i am not saying that this project makes a garage 100% needed right now ..

but with the osler coming soon .. plus the new retail in 1212 walker and the retail in the edge ... parking is bacoming a very real problem in the area

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Why couldn't they build a small garage on the lot they own behind the Osler/1212?

If they were to build a garage there, where would the balconies/windows for the back units of 1212 look onto? Someone's bumper?

Not to mention, what rye of turning radius would it allow cars going up/down floors. Seems like a narrow lot.

12. Default Re: 430 Lofts - Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    but i don't think they could convert it into apts without a garage ..
    The Park Harvey has done just fine without a garage and street parking is a lot harder to come by in the CBD.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    The Park Harvey has done just fine without a garage and street parking is a lot harder to come by in the CBD.
    Well, their occupancy numbers took a pretty steep temporary hit when they lost their contract for parking with COTPA.

14. Default Re: The Osler

Maybe so, but I think the Osler could work just fine as residential. There's plentiful street parking with no meters in the surrounding blocks.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Default Re: The Osler

The owners seem committed to diversifying their properties and they've done a good job of mixing up office, retail and living. It's really smart because any of these sectors can have a downturn so at least you are hedging your bets to a certain degree.

I'd really like to see a couple of hotels open in that area. You'd think there would the need, especially with St. Anthony so close. It's just hard to find operators for a building that small.

C. Other Items for Individual Consideration
    1) Osler Building at 1200 N Walker, Ward 6. National Register of Historic
    Places, proposed nomination for the Osler Building, 1200 N. Walker Ave.
    Consider a recommendation to City Council and the State Historic
    Preservation Review Board through the State Historic Preservation Office.

17. Default Re: The Osler

They should recruit Coury Properties to develop and manage a boutique hotel, since he no longer has the Colcord. I'm sure he'd like to get back in the OKC market.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Good idea but probably too small to make it worth his time.

With all the housing going up in the area, I don't know why they just don't turn it into office space. I'm sure a bunch of small businesses would bite.

Yes, but hopefully it has a hire and better use than office space, like a hotel, for all to enjoy.

21. Default Re: The Osler

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Good idea but probably too small to make it worth his time.
    Not at all. Check out his most recent additions to the Coury Collection:

http://www.courycollection.com/properties.htm
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thanks for the info. I didn't know he added a few new ones. I've stayed at several of these properties. I still wonder how profitable it'd be as it would be one of the smallest properties if he did do it. Since Coury is based out of Tulsa, I think it makes more economic sense for him to have 3 properties based in Tulsa, 2 of which are his smallest properties. I hope I'm wrong, but don't see the economics to make this one work in OKC for him.

I didn't realize that the McBirney Mansion had been renovated into a boutique hotel, cool. And is The Ashton the McFarland Building in DT Tulsa? If so, when did that happen?

Coury looks like a pretty logical fit, in the context of their expanding portfolio.

I was looking at the County Assessor's site and realized that another Midtown Renaissance building is immediately adjacent to the Osler & 1212 and has a huge parking lot (shown in yellow).

In fact, those are actually three separate parcels; the one closest to 1212 is owned by the same LLC as that building and the one just to the east is owned by the Osler LLC.

The blue is the area proposed for a garage in the recent parking study commissioned by the City.

I bet once that project at 430 NW 12th is largely finished they will get started on the Osler, then use that ample parking for whatever use they determine.

So you're point is that Midtown Renaissance probably won't build a garage on the lot south of 430 NW 12 as some had speculated?

I don't think they need a parking garage anyway. Now what the city determines...

Thread Information