Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classen Summit

Default NW 27th & Classen

I noticed last night there is some dirt work happening on the SW corner of NW 27th and Classen. Any idea what's going on?

Default Re: NW 27th & Classen

That is the little vacant lot directly north of Master Cleaners.

Sold last year and building permit for some type of small store.

Classen Classen Summit

Someone had asked about this elsewhere but this will be a small strip center in the former vacant lot on the SW corner of NW 27th and Classen.

It's directly north of the old Master Cleaners building which is empty and for sale.

Default Re: Classen Summit

Oh man. This is sort of funny to me. When I see professionals with an email of @gmail or @live or @yahoo I cringe a little. Just feels totally unprofessional to me. But to see @hotmail.com?! @hotmail hasn't been an available email for a decade. Which tells me this is owned by some old man and since we are in OKC, he's probably a boring white guy, and as such, this will be another lovely, boring development. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm telling, @hotmail doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Oh man. This is sort of funny to me. When I see professionals with an email of @gmail or @live or @yahoo I cringe a little. Just feels totally unprofessional to me. But to see @hotmail.com?! @hotmail hasn't been an available email for a decade. Which tells me this is owned by some old man and since we are in OKC, he's probably a boring white guy, and as such, this will be another lovely, boring development. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm telling, @hotmail doesn't lie.
    "Earnest’s data reveals more detail about the connection between education and email. While 60 percent of those with a high school or Associate’s degree use Gmail, 75 percent of those with a Bachelor’s degree, and 80 percent with a graduate or professional degree, have a Gmail address. Among graduates of Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia, over 90 percent use Gmail."

https://www.earnest.com/blog/what-yo...our-education/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    "Earnest’s data reveals more detail about the connection between education and email. While 60 percent of those with a high school or Associate’s degree use Gmail, 75 percent of those with a Bachelor’s degree, and 80 percent with a graduate or professional degree, have a Gmail address. Among graduates of Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia, over 90 percent use Gmail."

https://www.earnest.com/blog/what-yo...our-education/
    Oh, absolutely. Almoat everyone uses Gmail now. Gmail, as the provider is the absolute go to. Its just that usually, professionally, you dont really keep the original email provider suffix. As with Gmail, you pay for a business account that would be something like, interest@classensummit.com. Leaving a professional email with the original provider name, ESPECIALLY Hotmail just seems a bit out of touch to me. But I'm nit picking here and it's really irrelevant. I just found it funny.

Blog Entries

Default Re: NW 27th & Classen

There 's steel up on this site now, didn't get a pic.

any info on square footage for this building; possibly cost of construction and builder/contractor?

Blog Entries

well, at the moment it's steel girders and corrugated steel skin. I'm sure they're going to brick it or something but it doesn't look great so far, and though I don't know much about construction I thought this was one of the cheaper ways to go aside from all stick built...

Here is the floor plan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Singnavong Floor Plan.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	578.4 KB 
ID:	14189

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    well, at the moment it's steel girders and corrugated steel skin. I'm sure they're going to brick it or something but it doesn't look great so far, and though I don't know much about construction I thought this was one of the cheaper ways to go aside from all stick built...
    Yes they will brick it and put some foam stucco on there, glass storefronts, etc. it's the cheapest form of building there is and typically seen in rural strip malls and dollar stores with varying degrees of facias depending on the building code. This one will likely still have the steel in back. They are generally excpected to have a 30yr lifespan in the case of dollar stores & the like.

It would be nice to see some restriction on this type of building inside the dense part of town but it would complicate the construction of commercial/machine shops, car ports and awnings. It's the exact same stuff.

I'm confused why a steel frame building with brick facade should be restricted in central okc. And only a 30 year lifespan? Steel and brick last longer than that.

Contrary to what others are saying, I don't think this is half bad. No big parking lot in front and its better looking than an empty lot

16. Default Re: Classen Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Oh, absolutely. Almoat everyone uses Gmail now. Gmail, as the provider is the absolute go to. Its just that usually, professionally, you dont really keep the original email provider suffix. As with Gmail, you pay for a business account that would be something like, interest@classensummit.com. Leaving a professional email with the original provider name, ESPECIALLY Hotmail just seems a bit out of touch to me. But I'm nit picking here and it's really irrelevant. I just found it funny.
    Yeah, seems like nit-picking. Seems a lot like the person who looks at another and thinks, "I can't believe he wore THOSE shoes with THOSE jeans."

This will be decent development if they remove that black tint from those windows.

19. Default Re: Classen Summit

no idea why OKC developments often have this black, empty building tints. .....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

20. Default Re: Classen Summit

^^^^^^
    I get it on east/west frontage, though if it's me I'd rather use blinds, roller shades, etc to knock down the sun during direct sunlit periods. But on ESPECIALLY a north-facing frontage it is solving a problem which doesn't exist and it potentially costs the tenant business. Especially in the case of retail and restaurant applications it is proven retail science that being able to see into the business generally increases sales while not being able to see inside does the opposite. And on a north-facing frontage there is literally zero chance of direct sunlight and the negative consequences associated with it (heat, fading, glare).

22. Default Re: Classen Summit

Perfect shot to show how the northern frontage will never see direct sunlight. On the day of the Summer solstice the sun will be near directly overhead but still would never shine back into those windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

[center]

I like the single color red brick used in the original photo on the sign. This brick is too close in color and variance that it blends with the stone work and doesn't break it up visually.

Construction is finished; now they just need tenants:

I hate being negative but as just your average person I think there is too many varieties of brick/rock and why, why the dark windows...I am no where close to being an architect/designer but even I can see this.

Thread Information