Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rother Shrine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Archdiocese Begin Capital Campaign For Rother Shine, 2,000 seat church.

I won't deny that the building is quite beautiful... but man, what a *massive* waste of space. I was really hoping to see a more efficient land use here. 1,000 parking spaces? Oof. And a bunch of these features marked as "future" buildings? Double-oof. As a southsider, if I'm being honest... Gorgeous though the building might be, the overall site plan is a real disappointment for this property.

Default Re: Archdiocese Begin Capital Campaign For Rother Shine, 2,000 seat church.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I won't deny that the building is quite beautiful... but man, what a *massive* waste of space. I was really hoping to see a more efficient land use here. 1,000 parking spaces? Oof. And a bunch of these features marked as "future" buildings? Double-oof. As a southsider, if I'm being honest... Gorgeous though the building might be, the overall site plan is a real disappointment for this property.
    They will need the parking but hopefully a light rail station is placed near here.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=baralheia;1029262]I won't deny that the building is quite beautiful... but man, what a *massive* waste of space. I was really hoping to see a more efficient land use here. 1,000 parking spaces? Oof. And a bunch of these features marked as "future" buildings? Double-oof. As a southsider, if I'm being honest... Gorgeous though the building might be, the overall site plan is a real disappointment for this property.[/QUOTE

Can you believe.... a CHURCH that wants to make it possible for a lot of people to come worship GOD and isn't worried about modern urbanism. Shame, shame. Where are their priorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Can you believe.... a CHURCH that wants to make it possible for a lot of people to come worship GOD and isn't worried about modern urbanism. Shame, shame. Where are their priorities?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    So, are you saying you want structured parking surrounding the church? You want less space in the courtyards? How do you want to urbanize this?

[QUOTE=Rover;1029358]
    Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I won't deny that the building is quite beautiful... but man, what a *massive* waste of space. I was really hoping to see a more efficient land use here. 1,000 parking spaces? Oof. And a bunch of these features marked as "future" buildings? Double-oof. As a southsider, if I'm being honest... Gorgeous though the building might be, the overall site plan is a real disappointment for this property.[/QUOTE

because you are destroying God's natural beauty (grass, open space, animals,noise, air quality, healthy bodies, etc) with a giant slab of man made concrete?

[QUOTE=Ross MacLochness;1029406]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

because you are destroying God's natural beauty (grass, open space, animals,noise, air quality, healthy bodies, etc) with a giant slab of man made concrete?
    Are you serious? Historic churches in Europe have some of the largest giant slab of man made concrete areas anywhere. Vatican City? This set up is just fine. Calm down.

Thread Information