Widgets Magazine

Thread: Inventory Control/Tracking Systems

Default Inventory Control/Tracking Systems

My scotch collection hobby has grown to the point of needing a system to manage what I have. I am looking for something that I can enter items/delete items using bar codes or scanning system. Prefer a one time small fee or monthly fee under $30. Needs to have no limit on number of items.

Anyone have any experience with these types of systems or use any type of inventory system or app?

Default Re: Inventory Control/Tracking Systems

A lot of the large wine-list restaurants in the city have those types of systems. I'd call up and ask for managers by name and I can't see why they wouldn't be happy to point you in a solid direction.

Check to see if there any apps on for android (google) or apple for an inventory system. I just did a quick search on google play as I wrote this and there are a few.

4. Default Re: Inventory Control/Tracking Systems

^^^^^^^^
    I know there are apps in which you can point your phone's camera at the bottle and it recognizes the product and can tell you how many ounces are in it based on the level of the liquid inside. For bar managers it makes inventory a snap and eliminates weighing, which is how it is normally done.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    I know there are apps in which you can point your phone's camera at the bottle and it recognizes the product and can tell you how many ounces are in it based on the level of the liquid inside. For bar managers it makes inventory a snap and eliminates weighing, which is how it is normally done.
    At Outback in the "old days" they used to pull out a bottle and say "7/10 Sauza Tequila. 2/10 Cointreau" etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    I found a couple options online. Looking for total bottle inventory as bottles are all unopened.

Thread Information