Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Left Frame Lofts

1. Default Re: Left Frame Lofts

I actually would love to see more housing downtown and closer to the river, but I feel this looks more like a parking garage than housing. I am no architect or designer so my opinion doesn't hold much weight. It just looks cold to me.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Left Frame Lofts

This should be a very cheap building to build. Very little design elements and basic, basic, basic materials. This may be the urban equivalent of a tract home.... cheap with no real architecturally significant quality. Concrete slabs and commercial glass walls. If urbanists think this is great, then they will accept anything. We shouldn't be so desperate to get infil that we applaud this kind of development. This should only be sold/rented as affordable housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This should be a very cheap building to build. Very little design elements and basic, basic, basic materials. This may be the urban equivalent of a tract home.... cheap with no real architecturally significant quality. Concrete slabs and commercial glass walls. If urbanists think this is great, then they will accept anything. We shouldn't be so desperate to get infil that we applaud this kind of development. This should only be sold/rented as affordable housing.
    Im not sure a cast in place concrete building is ever very cheap. While it may look cold it will definitely outlast any cool stick built building. And residents will never hear any noise above or below them.

Lol the building looks fine. People are just being contrarian for the sake of it. This development is great, we should be applauding projects like this, Full Moon, and Row on Twelve that make great use of small urban plots.

There is nothing more subjective than personal taste.

Anyone who gets offended when someone doesn't like something they do -- or vice versa -- are going to spend a lot of time being upset.

I just said it wan't my favorite/all that interesting. I'm certainly not being a contrarian for the sake of it... jees. It isn't bad and looks like it will be decently high quality. I absolutely love that we are seeing infill on this scale!

The whole "so negative" and "just looking for something to complain about" lines are just silly.

This is a discussion site and people have opinions, especially about architecture and urban design.

Every single person is not going to like every single project. Or not like all aspects, etc.

Opinions are fine and welcome as long as they aren't of the "this sucks" and "looks like a turd" vein. I delete a bunch of those.

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    The design is pretty dang awesome, IMHO.
    +1

Really funky and it doesn't resemble anything else I've seen here either

Quote Originally Posted by ABCOKC View Post
    Lol the building looks fine. People are just being contrarian for the sake of it. This development is great, we should be applauding projects like this, Full Moon, and Row on Twelve that make great use of small urban plots.
    +1

Particularly full moon and the thought/planning going into it with how it correlates to viewing a full moon. I think that's pretty neat

10. Default Re: Left Frame Lofts

My views of this place are my views. I totally want it to be built and exist for the people who actually love this type of design. It will have a killer view and it will be close to a lot of awesome districts and you will also get to watch the downtown area grow. I guess I should do better job at explaining that my opinions are my own and I know there will be plenty of people who love this. I am glad we are starting to see variety and something for every taste and style!

LOL Just realized you can see the roof of my building in the 4th picture. Great attention to detail in the renderings.

Small developments like this are more important (IMO) than high rises. Every vacant lot or parking lot that has infill is a benefit and adds density. Every abandoned building that's repurposed adds to property values. We need more of this!

Building permit application was filed today for this project.

Should see work starting in 30-90 days.

New renderings:

15. Default Re: Left Frame Lofts

pics didn't come through.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Wtf okay I tried hosting them through google drive. I’ll use another service but I’m at school now

It looks like they have added a grocer tenant or intend on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Wtf okay I tried hosting them through google drive. I’ll use another service but I’m at school now

It looks like they have added a grocer tenant or intend on one.
    Are these the renderings you're referring to?

Left Frame Lofts Rendering.jpg

Left Frame Lofts Rendering 2.jpg

Left Frame Lofts Rendering 3.jpg

Yes! Thank you.

They are starting work:

I anticipate this project will cause a stir with its stark, cold design but I bet it will be very, very successful. There is nothing like this around the OKC market. Projects like this give downtown personality.

This reminds me that it sure would be nice to still have Stage Center downtown. Why did they knock this down again? Oh... for no reason. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanCOWBOY View Post
    I anticipate this project will cause a stir with its stark, cold design but I bet it will be very, very successful. There is nothing like this around the OKC market. Projects like this give downtown personality.

This reminds me that it sure would be nice to still have Stage Center downtown. Why did they knock this down again? Oh... for no reason. Gotcha.
    More for sale units is always a good thing. Helps keep people downtown when they get tired of apartment life

With all the road construction downtown, I had to change the way I came into work. I've now driven by this site a few times, and couldn't remember what it was supposed to look like.

While the design doesn't fit my tastes personally, I love that we are getting buildings of this type. We could use about 50 more projects of this scale, filling up odd little lots around downtown. I hope these sell quickly, and we start getting a lot more projects like this.

^^

Same thoughts. To me it looks like a level you play in Halo. BUT, love that it's happening. Not my cup of tea, but there's a reason there are lots of different flavors of tea

Real work yet to start here:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Real work yet to start here:

Any idea what the hold up is? Are they making changes to the original design?

Thread Information