Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

1. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What was only a slight chance of rain has turned into 2+ inches of precip at my house, and still counting.
    Yeah... It's wreaking havoc on the golf courses.... Last night every shot was like playing from the rough and there were mower tracks on the greens because of all the water still on the course from that downpour we had a few days back.

2. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

I am happy I made the choice to mow last night instead of tonight. I thought well it is only a 30% chance of rain but I'll be safe.

It is pouring here in Norman.

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

2.88 inches on my rain gauge and still coming down.

4. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

OKC East Mesonet station is reporting 3.47" right now. I believe that station is located just east of I-35 between 4th and 10th street.

Blog Entries

Wondering how Harvey will affect us in the next 5-6 days....I would imagine we will get some rain out of it.

Some local stations reporting 5" now in NW OKC (per Wundermap). More than any I could find in Houston so far today. That'll change, I'm sure. I accidentally ran the sprinkler system on Wednesday too. Doh!

As of 2:30 pm, the rain, however light, so far, finally arrived to Stillwater before it could rain itself out.

Most of Oklahoma not needing something as extreme as a gully washer:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    Wondering how Harvey will affect us in the next 5-6 days....I would imagine we will get some rain out of it.
    It's supposed to stay in roughly the same place in SE TX after making landfall during the weekend, while staying south of Dallas. So extreme amounts of rain possible up to 36", maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    Doesn't look like it will affect Oklahoma at all, maybe southeast OK later next week as the remnants move to the northeast.

This will be a major catastrophe in Texas, some areas could see 500 year flood events including Houston.

Well this tropical-action-packed month is going to continue to affect OK. With Harvey still churning over Houston, the dry, cool air will make our days and nights absolutely wonderful. No real rain in the forecast for OK, except maybe extreme SE OK where the bands could clip the corner of the state.

Looking past Harvey, there is a potential for an additional tropical storm to develop in the western GOM. This storm would likely continue to impact the Houston area next week [if it develops].

11. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Well this tropical-action-packed month is going to continue to affect OK. With Harvey still churning over Houston, the dry, cool air will make our days and nights absolutely wonderful. No real rain in the forecast for OK, except maybe extreme SE OK where the bands could clip the corner of the state.

Looking past Harvey, there is a potential for an additional tropical storm to develop in the western GOM. This storm would likely continue to impact the Houston area next week [if it develops].
    Man they can't get a break. Just awful

Chance of rain and storms tonight across NW and C OK. A complex will develop across KS and slide south and east overnight. Likely impacts in C OK will be very late overnight into Saturday morning. Otherwise, fantastic outdoor weather this weekend.

Good news on the tropical front, development across the western GOM looks less favorable.

Chance of rain and storms tonight across NW and C OK. A complex will develop across KS and slide south and east overnight. Likely impacts in C OK will be very late overnight into Saturday morning. Otherwise, fantastic outdoor weather this weekend.

Good news on the tropical front, development across the western GOM looks less favorable.
    Hopefully Irma will recurve out to sea. We don't need to Cat 4's hitting the U.S. this year. I just imagine how much worse Katrina would have been if New Orleans received the same amount of rain as Houston did. There would be no levees at left standing.

Big time cold front comes through late tonight and into Tuesday morning. Knocking high temps into the lower 80s for the week. No big time rain chances still.

Irma will likely be making landfall somewhere in FL this weekend.

50 miles in either direction will make a huge difference in how bad Irma will be. The current NHC track will have the eastern eye wall which is where the worse winds are located just off the coast of Florida. If it avoids making landfall in Florida it will hit Georgia as a Cat 3.

Hotter weather will regain ground on this amazing end to summer. Expect highs to creep back into the low to mid 90s later this week. Next meaningful rain chances come in somewhere around the 18th.

Hotter weather will regain ground on this amazing end to summer. Expect highs to creep back into the low to mid 90s later this week. Next meaningful rain chances come in somewhere around the 18th.
    I need a meaningful freeze chance for my allergy suffering...

The allergies as of late is the ragweed, which is flying through the air due to our dry conditions and increasing winds. We need rain to knock it all down.

Slight rain chances are creeping into the picture for the next few days as Hurricane Norma will be shredded over the baja peninsula. These pieces of energy will be strung up across the southern plains and could give us bits of relief.

We just had a good little 10 or so minute downpour here in the Midtown area.

20. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - August & September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    We just had a good little 10 or so minute downpour here in the Midtown area.
    Ya we had a rain for 10 minutes in norman while it was sunny. Odd rain.

Same in Harrah. It was some huge rain drops as well.

I'm sure you all know by now, but fall is coming.

Rain will move into OKC area around 10pm tonight. Rain will come in waves from the SW. SW and C OK will likely be the areas of heaviest concentration of rain. Anywhere from .75" to 1.5" is expected.

After the rain tonight, highs will struggle to make it into the 70s, so dust the light jacket off. Lows will fall into the 50s as we head toward this weekend, good nights for open windows all this week.

Rain is coming earlier to OKC than previous post. Will be raining in most of OKC by about 7:30pm.

Some two day rain amounts have gone well over 2 inches, such as from El Reno to Pawnee. Close to 2.5" in my rain gauge, so far.

NWS Forecast for OKC: Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 61. North northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 67. North northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. On Thursday, partly cloudy with no chance of rain.

Models have nailed location of the heaviest rain, but under-estimated the amounts.

Most of SW up through NC OK will have gotten over 3" by the time this ends.

Saturday and Sunday look absolutely amazing.

Thread Information