Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The next big affluent neighborhood

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: The next big affluent neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Oklahoma City reports crime based on neighborhood associations. In their reports, they list the boundaries of the NAs. For Lincoln Terrace, it is listed as North: NE 21st, South: NE 14th, East: Phillips Ave., West: Stiles Ave.
    Thanks, AP!

Lincoln Terrace already is an affluent area.... you can't find a house listed there right now under 400k.
    Yeah, your right, I meant the neightborhoods east of Lincoln Terrace and OU Med.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Yeah, your right, I meant the neightborhoods east of Lincoln Terrace and OU Med.
    That would be the medical community. There are some good buys there and plenty of houses selling for around 100,000 to be flipped and sold in the 200,000s range

Those aren't in Lincoln Terrace. I agree that around the capital is a good area for this, but specifically, in Lincoln Terrace, it's already pretty affluent. That'd be similar to saying Putnam Heights is an up-and-coming area. The areas around it are, but PH is already largely there. I know it may seem like I'm being pedantic, but I think it's important to strictly define neighborhood boundaries.
    You're not being pedantic at all! I totally agree we need to be specific when discussing boundaries. Thank you for the clarification and information. I knew the area was divided between Lincoln Terrace proper and the Medical Community Neighborhood, but I was mistaken about the boundaries. I thought the medical community was everything east of Culbertson. Clearly it is not. I am attaching an image which should show the correct boundaries that you pointed out. I do believe there are homes in this boundary that are well under the $400k mark. Also, although it is incorrect, Zillow has the entire Lincoln Terrace/Medical Community labeled as Lincoln Terrace, so from the uneducated home buyer's perspective Lincoln Terrace is not out of reach.

Anywho, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lincoln Terrace.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	14599  

Thread Information