Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Circle

Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Now THAT'S the understatement of the year.

Step one: Piss off our customers re: shakes and burgers.

Step two: Knock down some historical buildings.

Step three: I fear to find out...
    Braum's announces: VEGGIE BURGERS REPLACING REAL BURGERS, because We Just Know Better Than You(tm)

Coming out of hiding to leave this here. It has what I would call "a bit of traction".

https://www.change.org/p/okie-mod-sq...-oklahoma-city

I really have a hard time believing this is actually a serious proposal. Demolish an entire block full of character and history for a boring drive-through fast food restaurant. Not going to say any more but I am quite furious about this.

4. Default Re: Braum's

Well The Lost Ogle is on it now.... The world should be safe from Braum's... for now.

I really enjoyed their comment on another Oklahoma chain tearing down an iconic Oklahoma City building.

This seems fake. Like I can't even imagine the thought process here. And shame on Red Oak for not giving a sh!t either.

Does anyone know how an Edna's Lunchbox tastes with a scoop of icecream?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This seems fake. Like I can't even imagine the thought process here. And shame on Red Oak for not giving a sh!t either.
    This is exactly the same as Charcoal Oven and that was for a freaking Discount Tire.

7. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I thought the same when I first saw it... Had it come from any other source but Pete I would be calling BS on the whole thing.... Or at least going to Snopes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    OKCTalk again not cited.

9. Default Re: Braum's

To quote an old phrase: A little birdy flew down and told me.

10. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OKCTalk again not cited.
    At least The Lost Ogle gave you credit.... A lot of people take them more seriously than the Oklahoman.

As far as the Classen Grill building is concerned, I see no historical significance to this building. I used to eat there when I lived in OKC and the building always smelled musty and moldy. I think the Patio (Donnay Building) should be rehabbed and restored by Braum's and make accomodations for the record shop and the HiLo. The building really needs a good clearing and scrub, but feel like it could be a little gem of Mid Century architecture restored into something special "if it was done right"!

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    At least The Lost Ogle gave you credit.... A lot of people take them more seriously than the Oklahoman.
    TLO and the TV stations are usually good about this.

Really, everyone other than the Oklahoman.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    As far as the Classen Grill building is concerned, I see no historical significance to this building. I used to eat there when I lived in OKC and the building always smelled musty and moldy. I think the Patio (Donnay Building) should be rehabbed and restored by Braum's and make accomodations for the record shop and the HiLo. The building really needs a good clearing and scrub, but feel like it could be a little gem of Mid Century architecture restored into something special "if it was done right"!
    That's a good point. I'm sure it's pretty cost prohibitive, but It'd be pretty cool to see braums in that building if this corner is that big of a deal to them.

If they absolutely HAD to move in there, I'd be okay with that. I'd much rather have pomme frites and PBR in there than a nutri-shake and a shoe-leather burger, but this would be an acceptable compromise, as long as the Hi-Lo and Charlie's were retained per each tenant's wishes, if nothing else.

EDIT: Make no mistake: I'd hate to see Drunken Fry or Classen Grill, et al move. This is merely a worst-case assessment.

This will not go down as one of the best five or six weeks in Braum's corporate PR history. #TheyChosePoorly

So if this travesty actually comes to pass, does that mean Classen Grill is closing down for good? Or will they be relocating?

Man, I love that place. I remember going there in high school, seeing the young, vaguely "crunchy" crowd (they weren't called hispters then) drinking wine, art on the walls but yet the place was "divey" at the same time. So different than the strip-mall breakfast places like Jimmy's Egg, and I would always think it felt like a bigger-city experience. Was always kind of fun.

I've never been there when there hasn't been a wait for a table, so I can't believe they're not making money.

Pete, you're not alone. I am lead recruiting analyst for thefootballbrainiacs.com and we break news on a daily basis. Not a single "journalist" in this market cites us as first to break story. It's always a "source". Of course, people call them out, but they say we aren't real journalists because we aren't in their clique. It's part of the pettiness in the OK market, whether you're covering OKC or college football. If you aren't in their group, you get not respect. We came to grips with it. You do you and keep grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerguy View Post
    Coming out of hiding to leave this here. It has what I would call "a bit of traction".

https://www.change.org/p/okie-mod-sq...-oklahoma-city
    Closing in on 5,000 signatures already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well this is absolute f**king ****.
    Braums, no. What is you doin, baby? Stahp!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hmm.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	13973

Looks like somebody grew a conscience.

After the closing of Deep Fork and then Romano's Macaroni Grill I am nearly at a loss for words regarding this (latest) attempted/contemplated travesty by The Landgrabbing Suits in Tuttle . . . Yet I will say this: In the future I shall continue to buy Braum's milk while eschewing any burger purchases.

To whom should I write an e-mail or letter? Normally I would just sign the petition and be on my way, however, I own 2 properties less than 5 blocks away, so there would be more weight coming from someone in the actual neighborhood that this tragedy is being considered.

I notice Lackmeyer is reactively implying on Twitter that The Oklahoman happened to find this news through the city's online permit system rather than learning about it at OKCTalk, as everyone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I notice Lackmeyer is reactively implying on Twitter that The Oklahoman happened to find this news through the city's online permit system rather than learning about it at OKCTalk, as everyone else did.
    He always does this as a deflection for them stealing our work.

Thread Information